The “OTHER” Monsters (Spoilers Ahead)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
_JNavs_
Keizer

Re: The “OTHER” Monsters (Spoilers Ahead)

Post by _JNavs_ »

I mean we knew he was phasing in and out of the map, Monarch knew too, so the last place they saw him before he disappeared was the first place they decided to monitor, which just so happen to be in the Atlantic semi-close to a hollow tunnel.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Godzilla had 5 years to move from the Pacific to the Atlantic anyway if he didn't have the hollow Earth.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

TheInfiniteAeon
Monarch Researcher

Post by TheInfiniteAeon »

_JNavs_ wrote:I mean we knew he was phasing in and out of the map, Monarch knew too, so the last place they saw him before he disappeared was the first place they decided to monitor, which just so happen to be in the Atlantic semi-close to a hollow tunnel.
Wouldn't the first indication of Godzilla's disappearance be in the Pacific then? Wouldn't it be more prudent then to set up an outpost on both oceans based on where Godzilla disappears and reappears?
In a post-Shin Godzilla world, the kaiju genre should, more than ever before, be held to standards of quality that are more than just "big monster go rawr". Don't act surprised when you get trash movies when your core audience asks for nothing but the bare minimum.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

So did we get a final count on all the Titans?

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

D-Squared
Interpol Agent

Post by D-Squared »

Obviously there's gonna be more monsters, but so far there's 20 official Titan names, 23 if the three MUTOs are unique to other Titans.
Spoiler:
Official Titans.
1.) TITANUS Gojira, Godzilla
2.) TITANUS Mosura, Mothra
3.) "Monster Zero", Ghidorah (dead??)
4.) TITANUS Rodan
5.) TITANUS Kong
6.) TITANUS Behemoth
7.) TITANUS Scylla
8.) TITANUS Methuselah
9.) TITANUS Abbadon
10.) TITANUS Tiamat
11.) TITANUS Quetzalcoatl
12.) TITANUS Yamata No Orochi
13.) TITANUS Typhon
14.) TITANUS Bunyip
15.) TITANUS Leviathan
16.) TITANUS Sekhmet
17.) TITANUS Amhuluk
18.) TITANUS Baphomet
19.) TITANUS Mokele-Mbembe
20.) TITANUS Jinshin-Mushi = MUTO Prime (dead)
Debatable Titans.
21.) MUTO 1 (dead)
22.) MUTO 2 (dead)
23.) "New MUTO" or MUTO 3
24.) "Kraken"
25.) Margygr (dead)
26.) Shinomura (dead)
27.) "Dagon" (dead Godzilla skeleton)
??28.) "...creature that might or might not be Anguirus..." (it's more of an Easter egg than an official Titan).
Sargon is not listed because there's no evidence that it was included in the final film.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Honestly seeing that list,makes me think Legendary doesn't really NEED an entire host of Toho monsters to build a universe. They could just make films of the ones they already have!

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

B34sT
Interpol Agent

Post by B34sT »

Do we know what the qualifications are for a Titan designation? The lack of all the creatures from Skull Island is a bit weird. Especially since they can be the size of Kong.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

B34sT wrote:Do we know what the qualifications are for a Titan designation? The lack of all the creatures from Skull Island is a bit weird. Especially since they can be the size of Kong.
It could be because Kong is an exceptional survivor, so with him it's less his species as a whole being classified as Titans but him specifically being the sole survivor of his species being classified as a Titan. In the words of Joker "there's nothing mere about that mortal."

Olzh26
Interpol Agent

Post by Olzh26 »

that is, the titans are those who remained the only representative of their species?

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Olzh26 wrote:that is, the titans are those who remained the only representative of their species?
I mean Monarch is still counting so there could be more than one of,say,Sekhmet's species still out there.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

GuardianGhido
JXSDF Technician

Post by GuardianGhido »

Living Corpse wrote:
B34sT wrote:Do we know what the qualifications are for a Titan designation? The lack of all the creatures from Skull Island is a bit weird. Especially since they can be the size of Kong.
It could be because Kong is an exceptional survivor, so with him it's less his species as a whole being classified as Titans but him specifically being the sole survivor of his species being classified as a Titan. In the words of Joker "there's nothing mere about that mortal."
There's also the fact that Kong was known to be a juvenile at his current size in KOTM, and it was known he would grow to be much larger from the remains of his parents. Maybe an adult of the species has to be at least a certain size to be classified as a Titan?
DirektorSplennic wrote:Mr Goji, eabaker, and LSD are like the (un)Holy Trinity of Kaiju Kino.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

I'd put money on Kong wasn't officially a Titan till the 1995 visit. Kong in 73 as a Kid was a boarder line Titan then when he grows up he officially broke into the group.

Stump feet brought up a good point a while ago, I wonder if Sargon and Muto 3 got swaped around?
Last edited by miguelnuva on Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

who's Stimp?

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

tyrantgoji wrote:who's Stimp?
Stump feet. My mistake.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Olzh26
Interpol Agent

Post by Olzh26 »

Stump feet

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Olzh26 wrote:
Stump feet
I know,just making a joke because Stimp made me laugh harder than i think it should have :lol:

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

That’s my real name, Stimp, Stimp Johnson.

I mean look at it like this, we see all the Titan’s names on the world map, but nothing says “MUTO3” or “New MUTO”, so I’m left to believe our MUTO is one of the names on that list and we just don’t know it
Last edited by Stump Feet on Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
*Looks at GKOTM’s box office numbers*
Long Live The Sting

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Stump Feet wrote:That’s my real name, Stimp, Stimp Johnson.

I mean look at it like this, we see all the Titan’s names on the world map, but nothing says “MUTO3” or “New MUTO”, so I’m left to believe our MUTO is one of the names on that list and we just don’t know it
That makes since but I'm still thinking why change Muto to Titan if they didn't want to keep the Mutos thr name for the species? Maybe Muto 3 and Sargon were just off the map on film for some reason.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Stump Feet wrote:I mean look at it like this, we see all the Titan’s names on the world map, but nothing says “MUTO3” or “New MUTO”, so I’m left to believe our MUTO is one of the names on that list and we just don’t know it
I think her name's Tiamat because that's the only female titan name that fits.

D-Squared
Interpol Agent

Post by D-Squared »

Hell, since I haven't seen these mentioned in any thread, I'll just plop some useless Titan-related trivia I've found reading various articles.

1.) Behemoth is described by Dougherty as "one of the few male creatures". Interesting phrasing.
2.) Scylla's an "armored cephalopod".
3.) Methuselah is "part animal, plant, and rock".
4.) Some Leafwings can be seen flocking around Godzilla at the end of KOTM.
5.) M.U.T.O. is the term MONARCH uses for creatures that have not yet been "identified". Once they have been "identified", they're are given the moniker of Titan.