Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Godzilla21
Keizer

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Post by Godzilla21 »

SuperPawnageGigan wrote:All i am hoping is Godzilla wins. Because i am on Team Gojira for the win!
We know
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

Godzilla21 wrote:
SuperPawnageGigan wrote:All i am hoping is Godzilla wins. Because i am on Team Gojira for the win!
We know
He's like this on Discord, you'll get used to it

Anyway, I predict a trailer in March, gut feeling.
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

Nathus214 wrote:
Godzilla21 wrote:
We know

Oh I'm used to it. He's been here for years
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

Italian G-Fan
Interpol Agent

Post by Italian G-Fan »

Nathus214 wrote:
Godzilla21 wrote:
We know

I think a trailer will most likely be released on June with the release of WW84, instead of being released on March.

Spydrmanjr
Monarch Researcher

Post by Spydrmanjr »

I wonder if MechaGodzilla's frame would use Dagon's skeleton as a way to support the massive weight that it would inevitably have.

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

I would expect a trailer some time between now and end of February, even with the November release push, you still want something close to a year in advance for like a teaser at least, and it explains why we don't have one yet, because that time frame has been pushed out.

Rodan95
Monarch Researcher

Post by Rodan95 »

ultrazilla wrote:So here's the official stats for Kong in KSI from WB Japan.
https://www.scified.com/news/kong-skull ... ster-specs
Height 31.6m
Weight 158 tons
So let's scale him up shall we. Using the square cube law, an animal of the same proportion with twice the size yields an eight times increase in mass or body weight. If we high ball Kong's height to 126.4m which is effectively 4 times its size from KSI we get a weight of 10,112 tons, compared to almost 100,000 tons for a 120m tall Godzilla in Kotm. It's a 9.9 times difference in mass in favor of Goji, now put that in perspective!
No wonder according to the leak, when Kong hits Godzilla the latter didn't even flinch but when Goji hits Kong, it sends the ape flying. The mass is so dense and heavy in Godzilla I can imagine when Kong charges on it'll be like you hitting a brick wall. I think this is why Kong needs a weapon in this movie to deliver enough damage. A pointy end like Muto's claw or sharp edge like an axe when applied with strong force or thrust could hurt Godzilla.
Damn dude. You know your math and physics. You have my respect!

jobin947
Monsterland Worker

Post by jobin947 »

Spydrmanjr wrote:I wonder if MechaGodzilla's frame would use Dagon's skeleton as a way to support the massive weight that it would inevitably have.
I know this is SciFi...but that makes no sense whatsoever.

Would you use an elephant skeleton as the frame of a pick up truck?

GmkGoji
Gotengo Officer

Post by GmkGoji »

jobin947 wrote:
Spydrmanjr wrote:I wonder if MechaGodzilla's frame would use Dagon's skeleton as a way to support the massive weight that it would inevitably have.

How does that not make sense? Since this is MechaGODZILLA, Dagon's skeleton COULD be used as a frame, like how Kiryu was made from the skeleton of the original 1954 Godzilla's skeleton.
Resized Image
Heiki, hecchara!

JGAR
Futurian

Post by JGAR »

Teaser trailer in April or May. Could later on be attached to Wonder Woman and Tenet. Then a full length trailer at SDCC.
Yooo 8-)

jobin947
Monsterland Worker

Post by jobin947 »

GmkGoji wrote:
jobin947 wrote:

How does that not make sense? Since this is MechaGODZILLA, Dagon's skeleton COULD be used as a frame, like how Kiryu was made from the skeleton of the original 1954 Godzilla's skeleton.
How does it make sense to use old, thousands of year old, likely brittle and fossilized bones as a base to a giant robot when you can just use hardened high tech steel????

Yeah, TOHO did it, but they also had Godzillas ghost takeover Mechagodzilla...yeah, not gonna work here.

It just doesn't make any sense. Using old bones to be a frame for something.

kaanozozan
Samurai

Post by kaanozozan »

I still don't understand why this movie has been delayed. Especially it's only major rival, Mulan, is expected to arrive on April 17. Sayaka said CGI looks pretty well and finished. They need to announce why this film was delayed to the month when a marvel movie is going to fucking release.

ultrazilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by ultrazilla »

Rodan95 wrote:
ultrazilla wrote:So here's the official stats for Kong in KSI from WB Japan.
https://www.scified.com/news/kong-skull ... ster-specs
Height 31.6m
Weight 158 tons
So let's scale him up shall we. Using the square cube law, an animal of the same proportion with twice the size yields an eight times increase in mass or body weight. If we high ball Kong's height to 126.4m which is effectively 4 times its size from KSI we get a weight of 10,112 tons, compared to almost 100,000 tons for a 120m tall Godzilla in Kotm. It's a 9.9 times difference in mass in favor of Goji, now put that in perspective!
No wonder according to the leak, when Kong hits Godzilla the latter didn't even flinch but when Goji hits Kong, it sends the ape flying. The mass is so dense and heavy in Godzilla I can imagine when Kong charges on it'll be like you hitting a brick wall. I think this is why Kong needs a weapon in this movie to deliver enough damage. A pointy end like Muto's claw or sharp edge like an axe when applied with strong force or thrust could hurt Godzilla.
Damn dude. You know your math and physics. You have my respect!
Ha thanks. Really wish WB would disclose some official stats on the new Kong soon.

Spydrmanjr
Monarch Researcher

Post by Spydrmanjr »

jobin947 wrote:
GmkGoji wrote:
jobin947 wrote: I know this is SciFi...but that makes no sense whatsoever.

How does it make sense to use old, thousands of year old, likely brittle and fossilized bones as a base to a giant robot when you can just use hardened high tech steel????

Yeah, TOHO did it, but they also had Godzillas ghost takeover Mechagodzilla...yeah, not gonna work here.

It just doesn't make any sense. Using old bones to be a frame for something.
Given the number of callbacks in KotM, it could be a possibility. Remember, we are dealing with science fiction here, you don't need to try to explain it beyond stating that Dagon's skeleton helps support the massive load and provides mobility that steel and hydraulics would. We're dealing with skeletons from fictional monsters that have no scientific basis.

I just wanted to throw the idea out there because it has precedence with Kiryu. If Kevin's severed head is somehow being used in MechaGodzilla maybe the skeleton provides some organic material for him to regenerate around. Seems weird that Kevin would not have regenerated on his own or some degree even by the end of KotM.

Definitely not married to any of my ideas just sharing them for discussion purposes to kill time.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

kaanozozan wrote:I still don't understand why this movie has been delayed. Especially it's only major rival, Mulan, is expected to arrive on April 17. Sayaka said CGI looks pretty well and finished. They need to announce why this film was delayed to the month when a marvel movie is going to skreeonking release.
At this point I'm just assuming it's because the Godzilla property as regards the American version is cursed.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

JGAR
Futurian

Post by JGAR »

Mulan is coming out on March 27, you got the wrong date. Had GvK stayed in its original release, it would’ve had its legs cut off.
Yooo 8-)

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

JGAR wrote:Mulan is coming out on March 27, you got the wrong date. Had GvK stayed in its original release, it would’ve had its legs cut off.
But here, it'll have its legs, reproductive organs, and waist cut off.

keizerkaiju
Monarch Researcher

Post by keizerkaiju »

Cryptid_Liker wrote:
JGAR wrote:Mulan is coming out on March 27, you got the wrong date. Had GvK stayed in its original release, it would’ve had its legs cut off.
It was getting steamrolled regardless. There's no escaping Disney nowadays.
Hopefully it'll do better than KOTM. If not, then 4 movies is one hell of a run. Way more than I was expecting tbh.

JesstrK
G-Force Personnel

Post by JesstrK »

Cryptid_Liker wrote:
That’s why August would have made more sense if they had to delay it at all.

Moogabunga
EDF Instructor

Post by Moogabunga »

Cryptid_Liker wrote:
Except uh, that's not true at all. Its 2 weeks removed from Eternals. Let's say completely hypothetically that Eternals opens to $120 million opening weekend (which I sure as hell don't see happening but let's go with that) Films typically have a 53% - 58% drop in box office week to week. But let's say that Eternals takes only a 50% drop each week. In its second weekend, it makes $60 million. Its third weekend, it makes $30 million. Godzilla vs Kong will be fine. But who knows, maybe Eternal goes on to make way more than $120 million and has incredible holds - I just find it incredibly unlikely.

Edit: And I think Raya will honestly be one of the more low earning Pixar films.

But without any marketing, these box office conversations are generally useless
Last edited by Moogabunga on Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:14 am, edited 3 times in total.