Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
JesstrK
G-Force Personnel

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Post by JesstrK »

Omegazilla wrote:Only thing I don't like is how it made Ghidorah who is from outer space and implied to conquer planets seem like a wimp. Just seems kind of odd to have a monster domestic to Earth that probably would decimate intergalactic conqueror Ghidorah.
Yeah, that’s the problem I have with it too. Never been a fan of the worfing trope (making the previous big bad look like a punk to make people like the new one better).

I also agree with you about MKG, however if the Monsterverse continues I’d be fine if they saved him for the final boss of the last movie in the series as a callback to DAM.

But, there is one leak that says we will get both MG and MKG in a way. Massive grain of salt but it doesn’t directly contradict anything Sayaka said so maybe.

Omegazilla
Interpol Agent

Post by Omegazilla »

Exactly, too many have fallen victim to cliche. First thing that comes to mind for me is the Predator series. 2010's Predators had "Super" Predators and 2018's "The Predator" had the "Ultimate" Predator because apparently the regular Preds aren't "cool" enough anymore. Anyway, throwing in Jørggy would undermine the previous films too much as much as I like the concept. It would be best saved on something in a different series or standalone movie. A great supervillain for another opportunity.

Cloverfield48
Samurai

Post by Cloverfield48 »

Can someone make datetrick in monarchscience site and confirm what G goes to Skullisland or just pass it close? And after all - it is just repeating pattern of his movement around globe? I mean, maybe if he is hittin Skull island today or tomorrow, maybe we get something...?

Moogabunga
EDF Instructor

Post by Moogabunga »

Cloverfield48 wrote:Can someone make datetrick in monarchscience site and confirm what G goes to Skullisland or just pass it close? And after all - it is just repeating pattern of his movement around globe? I mean, maybe if he is hittin Skull island today or tomorrow, maybe we get something...?
Dude, we're not getting anything until like April or May

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

gottatalktothefake wrote:The JP franchise is almost as popular as it was back in the 90’s, get a hold of yourself.
I do. And it's not as popular as you think. Kids may still like the franchise, but not many long time fans, movie buffs, or the GA.

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:Good Lord, NO! They haven't made an actual good Dr. Seuss movie, they haven't made a solid JP movie since The Lost World back in 1997 (The franchise should have ended there.), there Dark Universe imploded twice and Paul Feig will destroy it further.

No. No. NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But they have done the Fast and Furious movies. ;)

Also better then ever being done by Disney don't you agree?

Any other ideal companies that come to mind?
At this point, I'd take Disney. Although, personally, it should be WB outright because of their past experience with giant monster movies before.
GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
JGAR wrote:Right now, Lionsgate and Paramount seem like possibilities although they’re probably gonna be bought by another corporate like Apple or Google.
I'd go with Lionsgate. Paramount are the same guys who did Bayformers and ******* offspring of Hulk and Shrek.
Considering how Paramount is remerging with CBS soon, I wouldn't be surprised if Sheri Redstone pink slip nukes most of the staff and starts all over. If that happens, then I'd consider them. Also, Lionsgate has been a bomb factory the past few years.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Rhedosaurus wrote:At this point, I'd take Disney. Although, personally, it should be WB outright because of their past experience with giant monster movies before.
Well if you want Disney to destroy the MonsterVerse as they had with Star Wars by all means then. ;)

In that case then Warner Bros. exclusively is what I want then. As successful Disney is I don't want them touching the MonsterVerse for reasons already stated.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

Post by Thegarbagemonster »

Rhedosaurus wrote:
gottatalktothefake wrote:The JP franchise is almost as popular as it was back in the 90’s, get a hold of yourself.
I do. And it's not as popular as you think. Kids may still like the franchise, but not many long time fans, movie buffs, or the GA.
Actually, I'd say it's more popular than before. While the first two films (especially the first) had massive success due to the films being amazing quality and the revolutionary special effects, which led to them going down in pop culture so well, the rise of the internet and apps and such has really boosted the JP franchise. I remember in the 00's, I had to rely on forums and dedicated websites to get a good JP fix, but now it's everywhere. The recent films might not be as well-received, but they're definitely talked about pretty much everywhere I go. And kids are a huge factor in it, true, but that's still popularity...!

I love seeing kids get into franchises I like, because they're the same type of people as us, just younger! Same interests and everything. It makes me happy to know my interests and passions will carry on in future generations, even though I'm pretty young myself.

SuperPawnageGigan
G-Force Personnel

Post by SuperPawnageGigan »

It would be a nice touch if they gave godzilla his 1962 fins. But i highly doubt that would happen
8-BIT MADNESS
2 Friends having a good time.

JesstrK
G-Force Personnel

Post by JesstrK »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:At this point, I'd take Disney. Although, personally, it should be WB outright because of their past experience with giant monster movies before.
Well if you want Disney to destroy the MonsterVerse as they had with Star Wars by all means then. ;)

In that case then Warner Bros. exclusively is what I want then. As successful Disney is I don't want them touching the MonsterVerse for reasons already stated.
Star Wars is pretty much the only thing Disney has ruined though. Just keep Kathleen Kennedy and her ilk far away from it and it should be fine.
Last edited by JesstrK on Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Thegarbagemonster wrote:I do. And it's not as popular as you think. Kids may still like the franchise, but not many long time fans, movie buffs, or the GA.
Then tell me why both films made a billion? :lol:

And don't say kids because otherwise you would think the MonsterVerse films would had made a billion due to Godzilla given kids like giant dinosaurs which Godzilla is.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

Rodan95
Monarch Researcher

Post by Rodan95 »

You know what, just re-read this plot synopsis from Heroic Hollywood:

"In a time when monsters walk the Earth, humanity’s fight for its future sets Godzilla and Kong on a collision course that will see the two most powerful forces of nature on the planet collide in a spectacular battle for the ages. As Monarch embarks on a perilous mission into uncharted terrain and unearths clues to the Titans’ origins, a human conspiracy threatens to wipe the creatures, both good and bad, from the face of the earth forever"

I can see where people are getting those "World Serpent" leaks come from. Maybe not a "world serpent" but I can see being a even bigger kaiju being the "main villain".
Last edited by Rodan95 on Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cloverfield48
Samurai

Post by Cloverfield48 »

Rodan95 wrote:You know what, just re-read this plot synopsis from Heroic Hollywood:

"In a time when monsters walk the Earth, humanity’s fight for its future sets Godzilla and Kong on a collision course that will see the two most powerful forces of nature on the planet collide in a spectacular battle for the ages. As Monarch embarks on a perilous mission into uncharted terrain and unearths clues to the Titans’ origins, a human conspiracy threatens to wipe the creatures, both good and bad, from the face of the earth forever"

I can see where people are getting those "World Serpent" leaks come from. Maybe not a "world serpent" but I can see being a even bigger kaiju being the "main villain". Maybe it is King Ghidorah again since we know he is in the movie now. We know he is chained somewhere.

Theory: Maybe he is chained in the Hallow earth and escapes and shows up in the end after the Hong Kong fight? Idk.

I think it's about MechaGodzilla. In first place it's constructed for defense. But some people will use this to wipe out the Titans. It more logical scenario, than Ghidorah being released to kill Titans. Chained up Ghidorah is may be flashback to ancient times, or it was placeholder footage for teaser and will not appear in the movie at all. Because he was killed. Remaining head - is dead too.

Sonic
Interpol Agent

Post by Sonic »

Moogabunga wrote:
Cloverfield48 wrote:Can someone make datetrick in monarchscience site and confirm what G goes to Skullisland or just pass it close? And after all - it is just repeating pattern of his movement around globe? I mean, maybe if he is hittin Skull island today or tomorrow, maybe we get something...?
Dude, we're not getting anything until like April or May
yes you are right. trailer with black widow is all but confirmed.

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
Thegarbagemonster wrote:I do. And it's not as popular as you think. Kids may still like the franchise, but not many long time fans, movie buffs, or the GA.

And don't say kids because otherwise you would think the MonsterVerse films would had made a billion due to Godzilla given kids like giant dinosaurs which Godzilla is.
Mainly because of how the GA has a low opinion of dinosaurs in movies in general. They are still living in the 1950's-1960's where people see them as B-Grade monsters. The problem is that those movie were the more or less, the major thing that kept them in the minds of the public since paleontology was mostly dormant.

I can enjoy those stop-motion animation movies, as my name here indicates. The original 1925 version of The Lost World-which is STILL the best version-is one of my all time favorite. But I expect a bit more from dinosaur movies nowadays.

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

Post by Thegarbagemonster »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:

How'd you end up attributing that quote to me..?

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Thegarbagemonster wrote:
How'd you end up attributing that quote to me..?
By not understanding how the quote brackets work and how to separate them properly.

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

Remember how a few years ago some guys were talking about "muh realism" in the Monsterverse saying stuff like "Atlantis won't happen" or "Kong isn't going to grow that much"? :lol:
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:
https://www.instagram.com/buruno.98/

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Destorogoji wrote:Remember how a few years ago some guys were talking about "muh realism" in the Monsterverse saying stuff like "Atlantis won't happen" or "Kong isn't going to grow that much"? :lol:
Just like a few years before that they said G14 had zero chance of leading to a new king kong vs Godzilla. No truly knows what goes on behind the scenes.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Chris55
Site Director | Media Relations
Site Director | Media Relations

Post by Chris55 »

Destorogoji wrote:Remember how a few years ago some guys were talking about "muh realism" in the Monsterverse saying stuff like "Atlantis won't happen" or "Kong isn't going to grow that much"? :lol:
Monster movies, man. Anything can happen! :)
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Post by NSZ »

I propose a moment of silence for those folk, seeings as they've been blown the fuck out. :P
"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."

"No one takes the Tank Police seriously anymore!"