Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
JesstrK
G-Force Personnel

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Post by JesstrK »

miguelnuva wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:24 am
imposterzilla wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:15 am
SG-17 wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:37 pm

Over the course of the entire series I think he wins a single digit number of fights without any sort of help.
Beats Anguirius in GRA, adult Mothra in G vs Mothra, Giant Condor and Ebirah from Horror of the Deep, in Smog Monster he takes out the larval Hedorahs and eventually flying Hedorah, first battle against Kong, beats MG in Terror, first battle against Biollante and MG 93, Orga, Megaguirus, then the massive battle of GMK, GFW Gigan with and a whole bunch of others. Alot of films were teamups though. That's around 20 battles.

[quote=plasmabeam post_id=1793348 time=1611044448 u
1. Angurous
2. Adult Mothra
3. Condor
4. Ebirah

Never beat Hedorah one on one

5. Kong if you call that a fight
6. MechaG 75
7. Titanosaurus
8. Rose Biollante
9. Argubly MKG or Orga. MG 93 had a malfunction, Godzilla didn't win.

10. Megagurius
11, 12 and 13: GMK
14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19: FW

So yes he won about 20 times give or take on his own.
Also Kamacuras in Son of Godzilla, Rodan near the beginning GvMG93. Does Battra count? Seeing as how he killed battra before being dropped in the ocean.
Arguably Destoroyah; before the Super X finished Destoroyah, Godzilla had already forced him to retreat in one on one combat, which is how a lot of Godzilla’s victories are achieved. The fight was already won, all the Super X did was keep him from escaping. To be fair Godzilla was in burning form, but that’s not a power-up he received from a third party, so it doesn’t really qualify as “help” and it could be said that he won under his own power.
Last edited by JesstrK on Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

Agent Smith
Monsterland Worker

Post by Agent Smith »

Moogabunga wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:13 am Small little thing, but the official GvK Instagram finally added a description and included the March 26 date - signs of activity
Yes! I am kind of frequent on social media and like to pay attention to the latest news there. With this coming out real soon there is big news!

Moogabunga
EDF Instructor

Post by Moogabunga »

vastatosaurus wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:05 am
Handsome Shrek wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:34 am How do we KNOW this is the official account? For all we know it's just another fanboy having no life
For twitter, I'm sure this is the official account because it is identical with the SNS account ID attached in Playmates toys.
https://twitter.com/GodzillaVSKong?s=09

For Instagram I'm not 100% sure if that is the official one. I heard some Playmates website contents had several GvK official SNS links but I don't remember where and I'm not sure if that was true or just a rumor. I'm waiting for Moogabunga's response.
I mean, I don't know that it is an indisputable fact that that's the official account. I'm going off the very safe assumption that it is because its printed on officially licensed merchandise. 98% sure it's the real account

Edit: https://www.instagram.com/godzillavskong/
Last edited by Moogabunga on Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Handsome Shrek
G-Grasper

Post by Handsome Shrek »

Adam Wingard also posted some new things on his Insta story

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

JesstrK wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:38 am
miguelnuva wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:24 am
imposterzilla wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:15 am

Beats Anguirius in GRA, adult Mothra in G vs Mothra, Giant Condor and Ebirah from Horror of the Deep, in Smog Monster he takes out the larval Hedorahs and eventually flying Hedorah, first battle against Kong, beats MG in Terror, first battle against Biollante and MG 93, Orga, Megaguirus, then the massive battle of GMK, GFW Gigan with and a whole bunch of others. Alot of films were teamups though. That's around 20 battles.

[quote=plasmabeam post_id=1793348 time=1611044448 u
1. Angurous
2. Adult Mothra
3. Condor
4. Ebirah

Never beat Hedorah one on one

5. Kong if you call that a fight
6. MechaG 75
7. Titanosaurus
8. Rose Biollante
9. Argubly MKG or Orga. MG 93 had a malfunction, Godzilla didn't win.

10. Megagurius
11, 12 and 13: GMK
14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19: FW

So yes he won about 20 times give or take on his own.
Also Kamacuras in Son of Godzilla, Rodan near the beginning GvMG93. Does Battra count? Seeing as how he killed battra before being dropped in the ocean.
Arguably Destoroyah; before the Super X finished Destoroyah, Godzilla had already forced him to retreat in one on one combat, which is how a lot of Godzilla’s victories are achieved. The fight was already won, all the Super X did was keep him from escaping. To be fair Godzilla was in burning form, but that’s not a power-up he received from a third party, so it doesn’t really qualify as “help” and it could be said that he won under his own power.
Rodan and Kamacuras count, Battra doesn't because while Battra died his team did still win.
Last edited by miguelnuva on Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Agent Smith
Monsterland Worker

Post by Agent Smith »

Huh? Who says we should count teams and not individual kaiju victories?

GoWhaleTours
JXSDF Technician

Post by GoWhaleTours »

Those are definitely the official accounts. Twitter and IG don't allow randoms to claim those names. And as stated above, its on official march.
GO GO GOJI KUN

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Agent Smith wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:57 pm Huh? Who says we should count teams and not individual kaiju victories?
We were talking about Godzilla victories he won without help. Battra's team defeated Godzilla.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Agent Smith
Monsterland Worker

Post by Agent Smith »

Oh, yes I see. Anyway are there any rumors on what that "Nozuki"'s role in the movie is? Or the skullcrawlers? Aside from the two featured in the title I am interested in them. Oh and Mechagodzilla can't forget Mechagodzilla. Is anything known about MechaG? I read he is linked
Spoiler:
to Ghidorah as a cyborg
is this true or is it just a rumor?

gigaraptor99
Samurai

Post by gigaraptor99 »

Agent Smith wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:16 pm Oh, yes I see. Anyway are there any rumors on what that "Nozuki"'s role in the movie is? Or the skullcrawlers? Aside from the two featured in the title I am interested in them. Oh and Mechagodzilla can't forget Mechagodzilla. Is anything known about MechaG? I read he is linked
Spoiler:
to Ghidorah as a cyborg
Kong fights Nozuki in the hollow earth.

Moogabunga
EDF Instructor

Post by Moogabunga »

France is getting GvK on March 17, and you can be sure that France won't be the only country that happens to

https://twitter.com/KaijuNewsOutlet/sta ... 6637717516

vastatosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by vastatosaurus »

Moogabunga wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:58 pm France is getting GvK on March 17, and you can be sure that France won't be the only country that happens to

Yeah like WW1984 did

BurningCoolMan
JXSDF Technician

Post by BurningCoolMan »

Moogabunga wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:58 pm France is getting GvK on March 17, and you can be sure that France won't be the only country that happens to

gotta get it out early overseas to avoid piracy as much as possible

vastatosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by vastatosaurus »

Agent Smith wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:16 pm Oh and Mechagodzilla can't forget Mechagodzilla. Is anything known about MechaG? I read he is linked
Spoiler:
to Ghidorah as a cyborg
Sayaka said MG seems to have something with Kevin. Well, if Ghidorah's brain or bones or anything is used as material for building MG, we could call MG as a sort of cyborg. But we don't know yet

imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by imposterzilla »

Alot believe MG is piloted by KG's brain

Kaijucifer
Gotengo Officer

Post by Kaijucifer »

It's the bones.
"The day of the Crystal King will arrive like a hunter in the night. The King has been burdened by the sins of many...and the greatest of sinners deny his love."
DISCLAIMER: I am neurodivergent (high functioning autism). What I say may not be meant in the negative way it may seem to neurotypicals.

Agent Smith
Monsterland Worker

Post by Agent Smith »

Ah very interesting. So they release early to combat piracy? How does that work? Wouldn't that increase it?

plasmabeam
G-Grasper

Post by plasmabeam »

Agent Smith wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:16 pm Oh, yes I see. Anyway are there any rumors on what that "Nozuki"'s role in the movie is? Or the skullcrawlers? Aside from the two featured in the title I am interested in them. Oh and Mechagodzilla can't forget Mechagodzilla. Is anything known about MechaG? I read he is linked
Spoiler:
to Ghidorah as a cyborg
Rumour has it that a lot of MG is built out of KG’s bones.

GreenScar1990
Monarch Researcher

Post by GreenScar1990 »

I don't understand why. They could use the bones of Dagon, a subspecies of Godzilla's kind, for MechaGodzilla. Why use Ghidorah?

Furthermore, didn't Godzilla literally vaporize Ghidorah to ash with the exception of the head torn off in Mexico?

vastatosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by vastatosaurus »

GreenScar1990 wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:11 pm I don't understand why. They could use the bones of Dagon, a subspecies of Godzilla's kind, for MechaGodzilla. Why use Ghidorah?

Furthermore, didn't Godzilla literally vaporize Ghidorah to ash with the exception of the head torn off in Mexico?
Because Ghidorah's bones might have capacity to regenerate as well? It will be helpful for MG's durability. And you know, Dagon died like thousands years ago. His bones probably went to decay badly. Ghidorah's remained head is still fresh due to its regeneration cells and might be able to even regenerate the whole new skeleton frame if APEX can figure out how to use it.
Last edited by vastatosaurus on Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.