Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
The Octopus
G-Grasper

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Post by The Octopus »

plasmabeam wrote:Perhaps some fear or reverence (and subsequent surrender to) of the king of monsters would make him even more endearing.
No it would make him a wimp. Might as well do a "No Mas".
If Kong goes down, I want him to go down fighting.

HighFlyers77
Monarch Researcher

Post by HighFlyers77 »

Gigantis wrote:
gottatalktothefake wrote:I hope Godzilla goes 3-0, that’d be pretty skreeonking awesome.
No, don't do that. I don't care who wins the fight but if Godzilla does end up victorious at least give Kong his due and have him win one fight and have the last one be the tie breaker.
Honestly, just hoping Godzilla wins so G and K are 1-1 in film. That would mean we can get a grudge match someday to determine the true winner. And since Kong is public domain, you just have to get Godzilla to do it.

Added in 1 minute 13 seconds:
The Octopus wrote:
plasmabeam wrote:Perhaps some fear or reverence (and subsequent surrender to) of the king of monsters would make him even more endearing.
No it would make him a wimp. Might as well do a "No Mas".
If Kong goes down, I want him to go down fighting.
Agreed. Although the only time Kong has given up, that I recall, is against Godzilla in the original film. He ran away after the first battle and then he basically tapped out twice during the final battle. Somehow still won though.

plasmabeam
G-Grasper

Post by plasmabeam »

I think even the most ardent G fan(atics), myself included, don’t want this to be a pushover fight where G basically just clobbers K for two hours. The victory for Godzilla will be so much more ecstatic if Kong gives him a real challenge. We already see that it’s not without massive suffering just from battle damage hints from the toys.

As for 3-0 for G? Damn right. King of monsters. It’s not like he’s battling the same foe each time. The first victory was an obvious necessity as the first movie brings him to his biggest enemy. The second one has him continue his ascent in defeating his biggest enemy and being crowned king. And a third potential victory has him giving a perfect example what being a king is all about. Good things come in threes. It’s a fantastic character arc that provides us with an incredible fable for the world’s most loved monster. Well-earned.

Moogabunga
EDF Instructor

Post by Moogabunga »

Anyone else find it odd that there really hasn't been anything about a fight on Skull Island itself? We know there is stuff happening on Skull Island; the other Titans are being drawn there, and one of the synopses specifically mentions activity that Godzilla notices himself. So to me, it would make all the sense in the world that Skull Island is the first place they meet. And yet, we only hear/know about the carrier fight and Hong Kong. I guess it's possible that the Skull Island fight leads directly into the carrier fight, but it's never framed that way so...I don't know, just think it's a bit weird

airforce111
Interpol Agent

Post by airforce111 »

So did the guy provide proof or anything? Did I miss it in the previous pages?

Nani
Interpol Agent

Post by Nani »

Moogabunga wrote:Anyone else find it odd that there really hasn't been anything about a fight on Skull Island itself? We know there is stuff happening on Skull Island; the other Titans are being drawn there, and one of the synopses specifically mentions activity that Godzilla notices himself. So to me, it would make all the sense in the world that Skull Island is the first place they meet. And yet, we only hear/know about the carrier fight and Hong Kong. I guess it's possible that the Skull Island fight leads directly into the carrier fight, but it's never framed that way so...I don't know, just think it's a bit weird
It would make sense that the carrier is near skull island but I agree that it doesn’t feel like Skull Island. For all we know, the footage that leaked may not have been completely composited. The island could be in the background or foreground. But in the case of it not being at skull island, I guess there would be 3 GvK fights

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

Post by Thegarbagemonster »

I'd be pretty bored if Godzilla wins in all the film's battles. Same with Kong.

I want to see a victory from each of them, no matter who wins the final battle between the two. And I want it to be fair.

Nani
Interpol Agent

Post by Nani »

For discussion and speculation sake, here is the description from the original source of the Russian footage from Sept 2019

“ Alexander Skarsgård in a building similar to an ancient temple or glacier.
• Pathetic voice-over monologue about the great battle
• King Gidora chained among the ruins of a city or mountains. He is very angry. Lightnings strikes into the sky
• The gloomy look of Kyle Chandler. Millie Bobby Brown in tears.
• Thunderstorm. Open ocean.A half-flooded aircraft carrier (USS Missouri (BB-63)?)
• Godzilla and Kong are fighting on (!) an aircraft carrier.
• Action sequence
• Kong hits Godzilla.Godzilla is feeling fine.Godzilla hits Kong.Kong flies off to the other end of the location
About the episode on the aircraft carrier. Godzilla on the left side of the ship, Kong on the right. The left side is tilted under water. This was the only scene with the finished CGI.

And one more thing ... Godzilla and Kong were almost the same size. Kong below Godzilla by a maximum of one head.“

Keep in mind this a rough translation

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Godzilla knocking Kong at least 4 city blocks out after eating a punch would be both the best and funniest thing to happen in the MV thus far, and when it comes to best moments, the MV has tons.

I'm sure there's certain fans who don't want to see Kong get tossed for a single frame, but let's remember movies are supposed to have highlight moments. Moments that make the fans and general audience members go "yooooooooooooooo", that would be one.

Kong can get his highlights too, like maybe he gets a few good axe chops on Godzilla, (with G instahealing during the same shot) and manages to knock Godzilla down long enough to drop another building on his headass.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Kaijucifer
G-Grasper

Post by Kaijucifer »

Gotta say, if Kong is wary of or scared of Godzilla towards the end of the fight, I'd be very happy. That would be amazing in showcasing Godzilla in a dominant light, and having Kong be more relatable for the audience. For who would expect David to defeat Goliath without help from God? Obviously Godzilla is gonna be furious here, Kong hasn't dealt with anything on Godzilla's level before, and Godzilla is gonna be violent? I feel like Kong is going to realize he bit off more than he could chew and be regretful. He doesn't have to be terrified but some humility and unease goes a long way. It's not like we haven't seen King Kong be hesitant before. This movie has a good opportunity to showcase different sides of both characters. Godzilla's brutal and wrathful side, and Kong's empathetic side.
"The day of the Crystal King will arrive like a hunter in the night. The King has been burdened by the sins of many...and the greatest of sinners deny his love."
DISCLAIMER: I am neurodivergent (high functioning autism). What I say may not be meant in the negative way it may seem to neurotypicals.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=o_lfUh_zceM

All this Godzilla winning talk makes me think of this
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

The few people here have got to stop calling Rodan and Kong cowards and wuss just because they admit defeat. Not everything wants to fight to the death.

Rodan was beaten into submission and then it looked like Ghidorah had killed Godzilla before Rodan bowed to him.

If Kong bows it's because he fought the strongest Titan on Earth, did some damages because Godzilla is too winded to fight MechaG later and finally Godzilla simply made him submit.

That's not a wuss it's simply admitting defeat.

Added in 2 minutes 31 seconds:
Personally if it was me I'd have Godzilla wins the first fight, the second fight is where Kong shows he's an Alpha Titan but still loses.

The 2nd fight is where Kong gains Godzilla's respect, and Godzilla let's him live. Kong would still refuse Godzilla as his Alpha but realizes Godzilla is the Alpha the world needs.

Kong saves Godzilla from Mechagodzilla.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Nani
Interpol Agent

Post by Nani »

I’m not fond of the idea of Kong being fearful, like others have said, it’s just not his character. If anything he’s aware of Godzilla’s capabilities and knows how to plan accordingly. Kong always goes out swinging and I don’t think GvK will be an exception

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

I don't think i've seen a single comment claiming Kong should be a coward or wuss
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Nani wrote:I’m not fond of the idea of Kong being fearful, like others have said, it’s just not his character. If anything he’s aware of Godzilla’s capabilities and knows how to plan accordingly. Kong always goes out swinging and I don’t think GvK will be an exception
Fear is actually an important emotion to experience as he teaches us and is critical to survival.

Everything you just said could come from fear. Kong goes out swinging but he has always been the top Dog across all his media. Kong does not usually deal with a creature like Godzilla.

In a way it was like how Freddy was afraid of Jason.

Added in 43 seconds:
_JNavs_ wrote:I don't think i've seen a single comment claiming Kong should be a coward or wuss
It's on this page and the last, Kong was called a wuss for fearing Godzilla and Rodan has been raked across the coals for awhile.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

With all of this talk of Godzilla being aggressive towards humans, he better have a good reason. Because a heel turn for no reason just to create conflict would be pretty shitty.
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

Post by Thegarbagemonster »

gottatalktothefake wrote:With all of this talk of Godzilla being aggressive towards humans, he better have a good reason. Because a heel turn for no reason just to create conflict would be pretty shitty.
Maybe he'd just have second hand anger from his battles with Kong and other kaiju, and we're the ants that get in the way and start firing missiles and stuff at him. And he's just too mad to even try to avoid us anymore, so he flattens us to stop the annoyance.

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

gottatalktothefake wrote:With all of this talk of Godzilla being aggressive towards humans, he better have a good reason. Because a heel turn for no reason just to create conflict would be pretty shitty.
Humans step out of line. Simple as that. If they try to nuke another kaiju or if terrorists wake up YET another threat (most likely will build MG and screw with the natural order), Godzilla is gonna stand up to that and put humans in their place. I feel like it’ll be humans bombing Godzilla mid battle and he’ll turn to them and start destroying the city out of anger. An animation by Tikof1 on YouTube showed this off perfectly to how I think it’d go down. I don’t think he’d just come out of nowhere with no reason and destroy the city, I’m sure it’ll be because humans step out of line. Or hell, maybe the Orca messed with Godzilla’s head and makes him aggressive!
Image Image

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Godzilla won't be attacking humans as much as humans are being attacked by him.

Think of all the Godzilla films we have and count how many rampages he goes on that he is only a threat to humans because we are there.

If this Godzilla attacks a nuclear plant even if their was 0 causalities people would still perceive that as an attack and him getting more violent.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

plasmabeam
G-Grasper

Post by plasmabeam »

It’s looking to me like the director wants Kong to not only win the hearts of the audience, but also represent the viewers in his anthropomorphic form and emotions. How do you build the super-drama of Godzilla being the biggest force of nature? You instil fear in a fearless total like Kong. Not cowardly fear, but a natural survival fear. It’s like being thrown in a cage with a lion that breathes nuclear fire. This is not in Kong’s wheelhouse. This is like a skullcrawler that’s much larger, breathes radioactive fire, is much stronger, and regenerates. If Kong wasn’t afraid at all, it would be boring and would also drain some of the awe that Godzilla is going to command in this.
The story is one of courage and heart for Kong, albeit tragic for him as well (no death, though). Win the hearts but lose the battle.

Even if G is antagonising, it’s because he’s on the side of the ecology and balance. It’s not unlike cheering for the hurricane because humans aren’t taking the environment seriously. He’s the king of nature.