Godzilla: King of the Monsters - General Discussion

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
UltramanGoji

Re: Godzilla: King of the Monsters - General Discussion

Post by UltramanGoji »

Godzilla21 wrote:(I remember Lain of the Wired being particularly belligerent)
And he was quite rude to Snowden, too! :D

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

ManuJM1997 wrote:
Godzilla21 wrote:
ManuJM1997 wrote:
Sounds like a peculiar fellow

Any tl;dr possible?
Snowden showed up one day saying he had an old version of the script. Naturally people started asking for evidence and he wasn't giving it and the people started attacking him (I remember Lain of the Wired being particularly belligerent) he fought back and was subsequently banned by Jomei. It was a frustrating situation as he came in nice and calm and I wanted to hear more about the script. But TK is TK sometimes.

Luckily he went over to Monsterzero forums (RIP) and was recieved in a much more mature manner and revealed a lot from the script that turned out to be true.
Damn, makes me hate myself for not having been for stuff like this.

Are the convs still acceseable?
No I remember the mods deleted most the fighting. It was frustrating because instead of just hearing what he had to say and filing it under "maybe" he was attacked. Anyway, I kind of wonder what happened to him. He kind of faded away after all the hype from G14 calmed down
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Well, if he's leaking things from the industry for a brief stint of fame, I don't think he's really that sympathetic. I don't feel too sorry for him getting thrown out of TK.

But that's none of my business.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

Kaiju-King42 wrote:Well, if he's leaking things from the industry for a brief stint of fame, I don't think he's really that sympathetic. I don't feel too sorry for him getting thrown out of TK.

I dont think he was doing it for "fame". Not sure how much fame you get on a TK message board. I think it was more just to share some fun and insight from an old script with us. And he acknowledged it was an old script too and not what they were going with in final film. I'm just glad that MZ treated him maturely
SpaceG92 wrote:

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Kaiju-King42 wrote:Well, if he's leaking things from the industry for a brief stint of fame, I don't think he's really that sympathetic. I don't feel too sorry for him getting thrown out of TK.

Right? Like one thing to be an ass and spoil something for others, another to be working for a company which trusts you with this stuff and you betray their trust.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

Living Corpse wrote:

Right? Like one thing to be an ass and spoil something for others, another to be working for a company which trusts you with this stuff and you betray their trust.
Except he didn't spoil anything for anyone. I was there and he specifically said that he was going to post things in spoilers and made it clear it was an old script that he had and wasn't what they were going with in the final film.
SpaceG92 wrote:

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

That sounds perfectly acceptable tbh.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Living Corpse wrote:

He wasn't working for the company, his friend sent he the script to read because it was an old thrown out version and his friend had done it several times before.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

miguelnuva wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:

He wasn't working for the company, his friend sent he the script to read because it was an old thrown out version and his friend had done it several times before.
Ah, assume and I make an ass of me. Movie was already out when the old script was released.

BurningCoolMan
JXSDF Technician

Post by BurningCoolMan »

pretty fun watching the Japanese fans during a 2014 watchalong and most of the comments are how much they like KOTM's more

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

I finally listened to 'Battle of Boston' and 'Rodan' on their own. Eh. They work well enough in the movie, but on their own are dull. Minus the Ifukube stuff, anyway, which is part of the problem: Ifukube's music is epic as hell, and has familiarity and nostalgia on its side, so it just utterly overpowers McCreary's original music.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Chris55
Site Director | Media Relations
Site Director | Media Relations

Post by Chris55 »

JAGzilla wrote:I finally listened to 'Battle of Boston' and 'Rodan' on their own. Eh. They work well enough in the movie, but on their own are dull. Minus the Ifukube stuff, anyway, which is part of the problem: Ifukube's music is epic as hell, and has familiarity and nostalgia on its side, so it just utterly overpowers McCreary's original music.
I really hate the mastering on that soundtrack.
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Im curious to see whay Junky comes up with myself. Just hope his music shines through. The music in G14 and KotM is completely drowned out by everything else going on in the films.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

Pretty badass 3D print I saw from Reddit:

Original Post:
https://www.reddit.com/r/GODZILLA/comme ... dium=web2x

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

I'm uber jealous of that. I want to get my sculpts to that kind of quality one day.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

I'd buy one of those so quick
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

Man it sucks KotM lost its momentum leading up to release. The trailers were so good.. I was watching reactions to said trailers... the hype WAS there. Damn.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

Italian G-Fan
Interpol Agent

Post by Italian G-Fan »

Cookson wrote:Man it sucks KotM lost its momentum leading up to release. The trailers were so good.. I was watching reactions to said trailers... the hype WAS there. Damn.
They started marketing too soon

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Italian G-Fan wrote:
Cookson wrote:Man it sucks KotM lost its momentum leading up to release. The trailers were so good.. I was watching reactions to said trailers... the hype WAS there. Damn.
They started marketing too soon
Yes and No it could have been managed better but it wasn't necessarily too early.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

HannibalBarca
Gotengo Officer

Post by HannibalBarca »

I have a hard time believing that timing with the trailers and marketing was anything other than a very minor factor in the grand scheme of things.
In my opinion, of course.