Godzilla: King of the Monsters - General Discussion

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Godzilla King of the Monsters General Discussion [SPOILERS]

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

That’s really cool!
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

tyrantgoji wrote:I just noticed this, but the ship that shows up after Godzilla nukes Boston (right before Ghidorah shows up) is called the Calico. The same ship from the Hanna Barbera cartoon!
The More you know..........

Nice little Easter egg.

Shoopwoop17
Interpol Agent

Post by Shoopwoop17 »

GigaBowserG wrote:
tyrantgoji wrote:I just noticed this, but the ship that shows up after Godzilla nukes Boston (right before Ghidorah shows up) is called the Calico. The same ship from the Hanna Barbera cartoon!
Yes.
Damn, that is a deep cut. If only Godzooky showed up too.
Check out my Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/atxspider/

It is mostly Spider-Man themed, but I'd love to talk cosplay, lightsaber commissions, and countless other topics.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Shoopwoop17 wrote:
GigaBowserG wrote:
Yes.
Damn, that is a deep cut. If only Godzooky showed up too.
To think how much better the film would be if our lord and savior had shown..if only. :cry:

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Why are the UK and Japanese steelbooks look so much cooler than the domestic one. The Domestic release is really boring looking.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

_JNavs_ wrote:
GuardianGhido wrote:Well poop, this one's gonna be a trashfire too. Bye bye Monsterverse. I'm just gonna leave the forums now. I'll be back if anything good happens.
You've been positive since you created an account here, and now you've spun a full 360 to the point of saying something like this... What?

You also never called KOTM and the entirety of the Monsterverse a "trashfire" until now, so once again... what?
Late reply but i think he meant the BO run. Either way he's gone so..see ya Ghido.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

See you space dragon ...
Last edited by G2000 on Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

I'm not sure if my minds just hearing poop, but i think when the M.U.T.O walks up to Godzilla and roars to him, you can hear the GMK Ghidorah roar!

Tyrant28
JXSDF Technician

Post by Tyrant28 »

tyrantgoji wrote:I'm not sure if my minds just hearing poop, but i think when the M.U.T.O walks up to Godzilla and roars to him, you can hear the GMK Ghidorah roar!
Definitely just you. It is the same vocals the G14 Female Muto made.
MrRockett wrote: They are a sticky bunch for sure. In 2014 all the guys were gathered around the Gravity booth to get a glimpse and maybe an autograph from Sandra Bullock. Some ass jockey decided to not crop dust the crowd, dude let off some straight napalm and cleared a 20 ft radius and didn’t flinch, he just moved up closer. I prayed Sandra wouldn’t catch a whiff, talk about Endgame....just gross.

ReiwaGodzilla
Interpol Agent

Post by ReiwaGodzilla »

Do Godzilla can control others Titans like Ghidorah did when he turned into King/Alpha? Or it's an ability exclusive to King Ghidorah?
When those fleeting lives destined to die, forget their humbleness and sing praises of their glory, such will shake the very heavens and split the earth, and they shall know the wrath of the divine. The inevitable incarnation of destruction. So, you show yourself at last. Since we last saw each other, it has been 20 years for us and 20,000 years for you. It's been a while... Oh, King of Destruction.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

ReiwaGodzilla wrote:Do Godzilla can control others Titans like Ghidorah did when he turned into King/Alpha? Or it's an ability exclusive to King Ghidorah?
Godzilla is already doing so, the Titans bowed to him as Alpha and he is most likely why they were sleeping in the first place. We don't see it in KOTM but Godzilla is going around keeping Titans from cities so either his appearance and call is enough of he is beating them into submission.

This part is speculation but I believe the Titans would obey the 4 kings(Godzilla, Mothra, Ghidorah and Rodan) and only another King could challenge the order. Mothra and Ghidorah were dead and Rodan submitted so Godzilla was Alpha.

Kong who is the 5th King will challenge Godzilla next year.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

ReiwaGodzilla
Interpol Agent

Post by ReiwaGodzilla »

miguelnuva wrote:
ReiwaGodzilla wrote:Do Godzilla can control others Titans like Ghidorah did when he turned into King/Alpha? Or it's an ability exclusive to King Ghidorah?
Godzilla is already doing so, the Titans bowed to him as Alpha and he is most likely why they were sleeping in the first place. We don't see it in KOTM but Godzilla is going around keeping Titans from cities so either his appearance and call is enough of he is beating them into submission.

This part is speculation but I believe the Titans would obey the 4 kings(Godzilla, Mothra, Ghidorah and Rodan) and only another King could challenge the order. Mothra and Ghidorah were dead and Rodan submitted so Godzilla was Alpha.

Kong who is the 5th King will challenge Godzilla next year.
Thanks.
When those fleeting lives destined to die, forget their humbleness and sing praises of their glory, such will shake the very heavens and split the earth, and they shall know the wrath of the divine. The inevitable incarnation of destruction. So, you show yourself at last. Since we last saw each other, it has been 20 years for us and 20,000 years for you. It's been a while... Oh, King of Destruction.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Yeah Mothra won't stay dead for long. You know how stubborn she is. :-D
Last edited by Tyrant_Lizard_King on Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

JGAR wrote:To be honest,

I’m looking forward to another year of hype and anticipation
I'll be hyped when we start seeing marketing.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

I'm going in expecting to be disappointed this time.

Moogabunga
EDF Instructor

Post by Moogabunga »

H-Man
G-Grasper

Post by H-Man »

So no Oscar nomination for Godzilla, King of the Monsters. The Visual Effects nominees are:

Avengers: Endgame
The Irishman
The Lion King
Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

scmtkings4
Samurai

Post by scmtkings4 »

H-Man wrote:So no Oscar nomination for Godzilla, King of the Monsters. The Visual Effects nominees are:

The Irishman
The Lion King
I might be in the minority here but i didn't think KOTM was deserving of an oscar nom. To me, this was easily the weakest entry out of the 3 monster universe series.

H-Man
G-Grasper

Post by H-Man »

scmtkings4 wrote:
H-Man wrote:So no Oscar nomination for Godzilla, King of the Monsters. The Visual Effects nominees are:

The Irishman
The Lion King
I might be in the minority here but i didn't think KOTM was deserving of an oscar nom. To me, this was easily the weakest entry out of the 3 monster universe series.
Be that as it may, I'm sure most fans at the least hope that the Big G gets a special FX nod whenever there's a Hollywood incarnation of him.

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

I thought the CGI was every bit as good as 2014 or KSI, but I can see why those other films got in ahead of it.