MonsterVerse: Fan Theories & Head Canons

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Re: MonsterVerse: Fan Theories & Head Canons

Post by gottatalktothefake »

Less of headcanon and more an extension of canon, but in the art book it says that Godzilla misses the connection he had with humans.

So I think he want to reforge that connection because he’s lonely
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

gottatalktothefake wrote:Less of headcanon and more an extension of canon, but in the art book it says that Godzilla misses the connection he had with humans.

Awwww.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

gottatalktothefake wrote:Less of headcanon and more an extension of canon, but in the art book it says that Godzilla misses the connection he had with humans.

I'm definitely adopting that.

Added in 7 days 23 hours 53 minutes 1 second:
Being how dangerous Skull Island is and was it would had been impossible for child Kong to have survive after the death of his race. The reason he survived was due to Mothra who sensed his need and took care of him protecting him from the Skull Crawlers until he could take care of himself.

Moogabunga
EDF Instructor

Post by Moogabunga »

Stuff like this just perfectly demonstrates that it'd be a colossal mistake to try to make Godzilla be any sort of villain at all in GvK

imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by imposterzilla »

Methuselah, unlike most titans who are just descendants of members of the ancient biosphere, really is from the Permian era and saw the Permian Great Dieing and was the former Alpha.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

If what I heard about Baphomet is true being more vampire bat-like. I'm making Titanus Jersey Devil an headcanon titan again.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Godzilla and Mothra were Alpha together prior to KOTM which is why Godzilla isn't respected before KOTM they way he is after he beats Ghidorah.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Another headcanon titan.

Titanus Akhlut

Has the traits of both wolf and orca as seen in Inuit Mythology.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:55 am, edited 3 times in total.

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

Whoah, didn't know that!
Image Image

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Living Corpse wrote:Theory: King Ghidorah attacks on the Earth in the past caused the permanent storm around Skull Island, the conditions in the location were just right that nature continue to feed the storm long after King Ghidorah was put in deep freeze.
Adding to my theories he's also the (partial) reason why the north and south pole are frozen wastelands, even if he didn't start it, he expanded them and it's cold enough that recedding back to the original amount of ice and ocean would take a long time.

Ironically this would be his undoing, for a while at least, as Godzilla managed to pull him in the freezing ocean and drown him, leaving his body to be frozen till the events of KOTM and giving the life at the ice caps enough time to recover and adapt to the even lower temps and harsher storms than what they naturally had before him.

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

Living Corpse wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:Theory: King Ghidorah attacks on the Earth in the past caused the permanent storm around Skull Island, the conditions in the location were just right that nature continue to feed the storm long after King Ghidorah was put in deep freeze.
Adding to my theories he's also the (partial) reason why the north and south pole are frozen wastelands, even if he didn't start it, he expanded them and it's cold enough that recedding back to the original amount of ice and ocean would take a long time.

Ironically this would be his undoing, for a while at least, as Godzilla managed to pull him in the freezing ocean and drown him, leaving his body to be frozen till the events of KOTM and giving the life at the ice caps enough time to recover and adapt to the even lower temps and harsher storms than what they naturally had before him.
I don’t think King Ghidorah can drown. He doesn’t need oxygen to breathe considering he’s from space. Maybe he was fought into some icy chasm and knocked out, and in KOTM Ghidorah is seen returning the favor with the Arctic battle tossing Goji into a chasm.
Image Image

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

KingKong2005 wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:

I don’t think King Ghidorah can drown. He doesn’t need oxygen to breathe considering he’s from space. Maybe he was fought into some icy chasm and knocked out, and in KOTM Ghidorah is seen returning the favor with the Arctic battle tossing Goji into a chasm.
I put Money on Mothra webbed him up and Godzilla ko'ed him, which is why he calls Rodan so quickly in Boston.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

miguelnuva wrote:
KingKong2005 wrote: I don’t think King Ghidorah can drown. He doesn’t need oxygen to breathe considering he’s from space. Maybe he was fought into some icy chasm and knocked out, and in KOTM Ghidorah is seen returning the favor with the Arctic battle tossing Goji into a chasm.
I put Money on Mothra webbed him up and Godzilla ko'ed him, which is why he calls Rodan so quickly in Boston.

One of the cave paintings depicts Rodan helping Godzilla and Mothra fight a MUTO and King Ghidorah. That oh crap reaction Rodan might have been more than just he realized there was a big monster, he might have recognized King Ghidorah. Likewise King Ghidorah purposely beat Rodan into servitude to deal with Mothra so he can fight Godzilla with as little interference as possible, level the playing field so to speak.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Living Corpse wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:
KingKong2005 wrote: I don’t think King Ghidorah can drown. He doesn’t need oxygen to breathe considering he’s from space. Maybe he was fought into some icy chasm and knocked out, and in KOTM Ghidorah is seen returning the favor with the Arctic battle tossing Goji into a chasm.

One of the cave paintings depicts Rodan helping Godzilla and Mothra fight a MUTO and King Ghidorah. That oh crap reaction Rodan might have been more than just he realized there was a big monster, he might have recognized King Ghidorah. Likewise King Ghidorah purposely beat Rodan into servitude to deal with Mothra so he can fight Godzilla with as little interference as possible, level the playing field so to speak.
Which is more reason Rodan isn't as much of a coward as people make him out to be in Kotm. Ghidorah still had to beat him into submission, Rodan knew the odds and still charged in head first.

Also makes the bowing scene cooler as Rodan was first to acknowledged the real King was back.
Last edited by miguelnuva on Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

miguelnuva wrote:
Which is more reason Rodan is as much of a coward as people make him out to be in Kotm. Ghidorah still had to beat him into submission, Rodan knew the odds and still charged in head first.

Also makes the bowing scene cooler as Rodan was first to acknowledged the real King was back.
In Rodan's defense, when he realized King Ghidorah was there and he was by himself, he got over his shock real quick and actually tried to beat him by himself, possibly not even knowing Godzilla was swimming nearby. Godzilla didn't arrive till after King Ghidorah tossed Rodan into the ocean, it wasn't till Godzilla was removed by the Oxygen Destroyer that Rodan had recovered and after his first attempt solo resigned to the fact he was way outclassed and submit to survive.

I will agree though, you'd think when both a super charged Godzilla and Mothra (backed up by the Navy and Air Force) showed up he would have backstabbed King Ghidorah.

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

Living Corpse wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:

I don't know...it kind of looks like Rodan is using some wind attack against Godzilla, and Mothra is behind Godzilla going to defend him.
Image Image

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

It could be indicated for all I know but whatever.

Titans were the first lifeforms to appear on earth and all animal life that ever occurred spawned off of them. This would explain why some titans have traits of more then one animal such as Behemoth which has mammoth and ground sloth.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Living Corpse wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:
Which is more reason Rodan is as much of a coward as people make him out to be in Kotm. Ghidorah still had to beat him into submission, Rodan knew the odds and still charged in head first.

In Rodan's defense, when he realized King Ghidorah was there and he was by himself, he got over his shock real quick and actually tried to beat him by himself, possibly not even knowing Godzilla was swimming nearby. Godzilla didn't arrive till after King Ghidorah tossed Rodan into the ocean, it wasn't till Godzilla was removed by the Oxygen Destroyer that Rodan had recovered and after his first attempt solo resigned to the fact he was way outclassed and submit to survive.

I will agree though, you'd think when both a super charged Godzilla and Mothra (backed up by the Navy and Air Force) showed up he would have backstabbed King Ghidorah.
I'm sorry I meant isn't a coward not is, he's not as strong as Godzilla in KOTM but I still like the heart he showed but i do agree I would have loved had Rodan's plan along to be to trick Ghidorah into a 3 on 1 battle the entire time once Mothra and Godzilla returned.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

miguelnuva wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:

I'm sorry I meant isn't a coward not is, he's not as strong as Godzilla in KOTM but I still like the heart he showed but i do agree I would have loved had Rodan's plan along to be to trick Ghidorah into a 3 on 1 battle the entire time once Mothra and Godzilla returned.
Same here man! Seems like a massively missed opportunity :cry:
Image Image

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

I decided given what Varan is and what his name deprives from that he does exist in the MonsterVerse as Titanus Burrunjor.

He was both worshipped and feared by the Australian Aboriginals spawning various mythical lizard beings from their myths throughout Australia such as Adnoartina, Dirawong, Mangar-kunjer-kunja, Mungoon-Gali, Ngintaka and Whowie.

P.S.: I hope this doesn't come across offending their beliefs given how sensitive their cultures are to them because that's the last thing I'd want to do to the Australian Aboriginals and if it does I'll just have Varan be considered an separate mythical being to them.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:39 pm, edited 8 times in total.