Chances of Gamera in Monsterverse

For the discussion of any Gamera related movies, comics, video games, etc.
BlankAccount
Sazer

Re: Chances of Gamera in Monsterverse

Post by BlankAccount »

king_ghidorah wrote:No one does but by last indication we know they had zero interest and that was in semi recent history.
Godzilla vs Gamera didn't happen cause the 2000s Godzilla films weren't performing so well at the time and they saw a crossover with Gamera as a risk.

king_ghidorah
EDF Instructor

Post by king_ghidorah »

Kaiju-King42 wrote:Toho themselves have already done a crossover with Eva.

We're getting a rematch between Godzilla and King Kong, when just a few years ago such an idea would have been unthinkable.

That doesn't necessarily mean Gamera is going to happen, but I don't think it's an impossibility either.

We'll see.
Kong. Arguably bigger than Godzilla. Eva. Bigger than Godzilla.

Both elevate the status of their flagship franchise. Gamera would diminish it by allowing their lesser competition to be on the same playing field.

Ultraman would be more likely because there’s a historical cross fusion between the franchises

Added in 34 seconds:
Living Corpse wrote:
king_ghidorah wrote:No one does but by last indication we know they had zero interest and that was in semi recent history.
Godzilla vs Gamera didn't happen cause the 2000s Godzilla films weren't performing so well at the time and they saw a crossover with Gamera as a risk.

The only film was performed “well” in the 2000s was GMK. Try again

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

king_ghidorah wrote:

We're getting a rematch between Godzilla and King Kong, when just a few years ago such an idea would have been unthinkable.

That doesn't necessarily mean Gamera is going to happen, but I don't think it's an impossibility either.

We'll see.

Both elevate the status of their flagship franchise. Gamera would diminish it by allowing their lesser competition to be on the same playing field.

Ultraman would be more likely because there’s a historical cross fusion between the franchises
EVA is definitely NOT bigger than Godzilla :lol: .
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

king_ghidorah wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:

Okay, so, I'm being lenient because you're new? But if you can't play nice, you're getting a warning. Chill. Out.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

king_ghidorah wrote:

We'll see.

Ultramanwould be more likely because there’s a historical cross fusion between the franchises

Historical function yes... but something as outlandish as ULTRAMAN, while can certainly happen in Japan, is certainly not fit when it comes to the Monsterverse, even when it's slowly and steadily going more outlandish UM is to much.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

Apples and Oranges
Again, apples and oranges.

Kong and Godzilla having a rematch is obviously an attention grabber and people have been wanting it for decades
*Looks at GKOTM’s box office numbers*
Long Live The Sting

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

king_ghidorah wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:

Um...exactly?

king_ghidorah
EDF Instructor

Post by king_ghidorah »

Ok. Imma step out for a while. This is beyond aggravating.

I guess we will just see what happens with Gamera. I’m not holding my breath.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

yeah i'm gonna leave this thread alone myself. see ya guys around.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Kaiju-King42 wrote: That doesn't necessarily mean Gamera is going to happen, but I don't think it's an impossibility either.
Again, we will see.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

I'm biased because if Gamera doesn't happen I'm getting a cool $100 from Living Corpse

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Maritonic wrote:
king_ghidorah wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:

Okay, so, I'm being lenient because you're new? But if you can't play nice, you're getting a warning. Chill. Out.
He joined in 2011 just fyi.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

miguelnuva wrote:
Maritonic wrote:
king_ghidorah wrote:

He joined in 2011 just fyi.
Oh, shit. You're right. My bad. Either way, point still stands.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

king_ghidorah wrote:Ok. Imma step out for a while. This is beyond aggravating.

I guess we will just see what happens with Gamera. I’m not holding my breath.
If the thread is upsetting you that much and you don't think Gamera is coming why return? Stump feet and I are disagreeing but he's not angering me. We are all kaiju fans at the end of the day.
Last edited by miguelnuva on Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

Godzillian wrote:I'm biased because if Gamera doesn't happen I'm getting a cool $100 from Living Corpse
What? You guys were taking bets? I want in on this action.
Last edited by Stump Feet on Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*Looks at GKOTM’s box office numbers*
Long Live The Sting

king_ghidorah
EDF Instructor

Post by king_ghidorah »

Since I was tagged and someone chose to point out when I joined in an attempt to....maybe get me banned or something?

Not really sure I should have to justify to you why I choose to comment on this board. The conversation had moved on and yet you chose to quote and respond to me twice....

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

king_ghidorah wrote:Since I was tagged and someone chose to point out when I joined in an attempt to....maybe get me banned or something?

Not really sure I should have to justify to you why I choose to comment on this board. The conversation had moved on and yet you chose to quote and respond to me twice....
Then move on and not get aggravated by talk of a giant turtle?
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

_JNavs_ wrote:
king_ghidorah wrote:Since I was tagged and someone chose to point out when I joined in an attempt to....maybe get me banned or something?

Then move on and not get aggravated by talk of a giant turtle?
This is the kind of attitude I'd like to see more. People are talking about wanting to see a monster they love in more movies. I don't know why this incites such rage in people.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

It only monster movie why do you heff to be mad?
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

king_ghidorah
EDF Instructor

Post by king_ghidorah »

Do you guys really think that’s what’s happening here? We just don’t want to see people happy?

That’s a really crude analysis of why Stomp and I are being so hard on these guys.

Those that know me outside of this forum refer to me as the biggest Gamera fan in the fandom. I’ve been on podcasts about the topic, written articles etc.

I’m not coming at this from a POV of Gamera is stupid or people shouldn’t want more Gamera. I want more Gamera films than just about anyone.

But.

There’s a blatant distortion of facts and a refusal to see things in anything but rose tinted glasses. That’s the frustrating part. It’s not what’s being discussed. It’s that no matter what we say to the contrary, no matter what facts, figures or historical context we provide its irrelevant because it “could” happen. Sure. A lot of things could happen. Just about anything is possible. GvK could win an Oscar for best picture. But I think creating a thread to that effect and then getting defensive when people try to state all of the reasons it’s unlikely is kind of borderline trolling.

It’s cool to hope for it. I don’t think anyone is knocking that. I just find it frustrating that no matter what evidence I provide to the contrary, there’s this twisting of facts or outright refusal to accept them.

These two sides are talking past each other and it’s not productive.

That’s the source of anger for me.

If you want to talk about how it would look if Gamera appeared in the MV or do fan fic stuff that’s cool. Totally cool.

There. Hope I explained that in a non dickish manner
Last edited by king_ghidorah on Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.