MonsterVerse: Beyond 2020

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
GmkGoji
Gotengo Officer

Re: MonsterVerse: Beyond 2020

Post by GmkGoji »

A television show would be nice.
Resized Image
Heiki, hecchara!

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

The MCU also has the benefit of combining their characters with recognizable actors who are more than half the reason the characters have broken out. You can't do that with a kaiju, it's not something that can be portrayed on-screen by an actor.

And I heavily disagree that Behemoth could ever star in anything more than a television episode. That's a guaranteed bomb.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

UltramanGoji wrote:The MCU also has the benefit of combining their characters with recognizable actors who are more than half the reason the characters have broken out. You can't do that with a kaiju, it's not something that can be portrayed on-screen by an actor.

And I heavily disagree that Behemoth could ever star in anything more than a television episode. That's a guaranteed bomb.
Imagine if they were using suits for the Monsterverse, it still wouldn't work cause it's not like you can tell who is in a Godzilla or King Ghidorah suit. XD It also doesn't help we don't have many recurring human characters and some of the ones who do reappear are killed off or played by two different actors cause of a time skip. I guess if we got more advance weapons we could have a big name actor play the pilot.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

UltramanGoji wrote:The MCU also has the benefit of combining their characters with recognizable actors who are more than half the reason the characters have broken out. You can't do that with a kaiju, it's not something that can be portrayed on-screen by an actor.

I'm using Behemoth as an example because he was the most popular coming out of KOTM. Godzilla and Kong are the only stars they have and they haven't built enough clout with the GA to create another star.

Added in 2 minutes 36 seconds:
So just a thought, Shin Godzilla's budget was 15m in american dollars so I wounder what a 75m-90m Godzilla film would look like.
Last edited by miguelnuva on Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

miguelnuva wrote:
So just a thought, Shin Godzilla let's budget was 15m in american dollars so Inwounder what a 75m-90m Godzilla film would look like.
Don't the MV films already have 200 million dollars that help make them or so? That's nothing.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

miguelnuva wrote: So just a thought, Shin Godzilla let's budget was 15m in american dollars so Inwounder what a 75m-90m Godzilla film would look like.
Not much, that's probably how much it costs to animate one CGI character alone.

Tohosaurus
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Tohosaurus »

miguelnuva wrote: So just a thought, Shin Godzilla let's budget was 15m in american dollars so Inwounder what a 75m-90m Godzilla film would look like.
Nothing good, sadly. What budgets look like in Japan versus the US are quite different so if Legendary made Shin Godzilla it would've been as expensive as their Gareth Edwards Godzilla movie was. Legendary made Krampus, which had a budget around that of Shin Godzilla, to put it into perspective.
고질라

한국, 일본: 친교

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Ian Maclaren

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Damn I knew less money could go farther in Japan but not that much of a difference.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Based on looking at the last few pages, it's clear people are still either holding out hope for the MV to continue but aren't holding there breaths or..just gave up entirely.

Or the people who didn't really like these ones to begin with like me just don't care either way. :P

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

JGAR
Futurian

Post by JGAR »

I wouldn’t mind if another company reboots the franchise down the road. Maybe more standalone this time around with risks.
Yooo 8-)

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

I'd rather Universal and Disney not touch this franchise with a ten foot pole.

But then I'm sure you'd have your "But Disney only releases successes" types so who knows.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

_JNavs_ wrote:I'd rather Universal and Disney not touch this franchise with a ten foot pole.
Make that an 10,000+ meter long pole.
_JNavs_ wrote:But then I'm sure you'd have your "But Disney only releases successes" types so who knows.
But they happen to destroy it as they had with Star Wars.

Successful or not I'd rather the Godzilla franchise be as it is right now then ever being touched by that evil megacorporation.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

Don’t want to get off topic too much, but Disney is definitely already eyeing Ultraman. There’s seeds placed there for that. I don’t want to see Toho go with Disney down the road with Godzilla films... sadly though, Godzilla’s popularity would probably go up just with having Disney’s name attached.

I’d rather it go to WB. I don’t see Legendary as a long term company. I think WB would be the best option as fans. Though WB fucks up things to... so what would be the difference between Disney and WB?

Anyway, I can still see a Monsterverse show or smaller budgeted films being made for HBOMax.
Last edited by Cookson on Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Cookson wrote:Don’t want to get off topic too much, but Disney is definitely already eyeing Ultraman.
Disney no.

No!

Leave Ultraman the skreeonk alone! Leave anything kaiju related the skreeonk alone for that matter! :evil:
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
Cookson wrote:Don’t want to get off topic too much, but Disney is definitely already eyeing Ultraman.
Disney no.

No!

Leave Ultraman the skreeonk alone! Leave anything kaiju related the skreeonk alone for that matter! :evil:
It’s already happening. With Marvel making Ultraman comics in the future...the table is already being set.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Cookson wrote:It’s already happening. With Marvel making Ultraman comics in the future...the table is already being set.
Yay another franchise for that evil greedy megacorportation to skreeonk up!

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Anybody who is legitimately gullible enough to think Disney is going to, or even capable of, buying Ultraman is just making themselves look like a fool.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
Cookson wrote:It’s already happening. With Marvel making Ultraman comics in the future...the table is already being set.
American companies can't by out things from other countries tho. Ultraman is gonna be fine! :D

GmkGoji
Gotengo Officer

Post by GmkGoji »

tyrantgoji wrote:
GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
American companies can't by out things from other countries tho. Ultraman is gonna be fine! :D
*Laughs nervously*
Resized Image
Heiki, hecchara!

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Disney can't buy Ultraman so they could only improve his American image. Disney's Star Wars situation also has to do with Lucasfilm not Disney.

Worse case scenario if Disney got the rights for Godzilla Feige might just put him in the mcu.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image