What News Do You Hope To Be Announced This Year? (ver. 1)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures Godzilla franchise.

Re: What News Do You Hope To Be Announced This Year?

Postby Shadow » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:14 pm

Living Corpse wrote:Though I wouldn't be surprised, seems like they'd want it out on the 60th anniversary.

Seems the most likely and makes sense.
Thats right, -To the most impatient members.- you will only have to wait two years.
Half as long, twice as bright.
ImageImage
Greatest Advertisement of all time.
Greatest Parody Video of all time.
TK's Resident Master Crazy Narrator and Attack on Titan fan

Shadow
Mothras Lover

Geiger Counter

Team: Rogue Titan Squad
Favourite Kaiju: Mechagodzilla 1974

Postby Tyler » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:37 pm

Yeah I'm thinking 2014 too.

Tyler
Anung Un Rama

Geiger Counter

Team: BPRD
Favourite Kaiju: Rodan

Postby gatorzilla » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:03 pm

Killswitch wrote:I just read that the film has a 2014 release date - for now. lol

That's about it.

Link?

If thats true then that would be perfect honestly. Set it up for the 60th anniversary would be great. I'll take it!
IN GARETH EDWARDS WE TRUST!

gatorzilla
G-Force Lieutenant

Geiger Counter

Postby Killswitch » Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:49 pm

True or false? Take it for what its worth.

http://starseeker.com/2012-movies/godzilla-2012/
Killswitch
Interpol Agent

Postby gatorzilla » Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:21 pm

Killswitch wrote:True or false? Take it for what its worth.

http://starseeker.com/2012-movies/godzilla-2012/

Well it does seem legit but the only thing it doesnt mention is Gareth Edwards which is odd

but lets hope its legit! Need some official confirmation!

gatorzilla
G-Force Lieutenant

Geiger Counter

Postby Hellspawn28 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:56 am

It looks fake to me seeing that it's info that we already know and the page layout looks really bad at the same time.
Hellspawn28
Seatopian Demigod

Postby Killswitch » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:13 am

I don't know how "legit" it really is? It looks more like a fanboy site to me. But, its the newest info I could find on the search engine.
Killswitch
Interpol Agent

Postby gatorzilla » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:18 pm

Not major news but definitely interesting...

"Warner Bros. Pictures and Legendary Pictures put "42", the Jackie Robinson Biopic, on deck for April 12, 2013."
http://www.legendary.com/news/post/42-o ... l-12-2013/

Legendary now has 7 films to be released in 2013 and nothing set for 2014. My gut feeling is that Godzilla will come out in 2014 and that we will probably get an announcement either around or after the release of TDKR. Usually studios release about 2 or 3 big blockbusters a year and with nothing set for 2014 I see that as Godzilla's spot. Just gotta wait and see!

gatorzilla
G-Force Lieutenant

Geiger Counter

Postby tenup » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:06 am

I'm not holding my breath for tihs film. Too little to go on to be convinced that LP is doing anything at all with Godzilla. It won't surprise me if they scrapp it or if they already have.
tenup
Interpol Agent

Postby Living Corpse » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:14 am

tenup wrote:I'm not holding my breath for tihs film. Too little to go on to be convinced that LP is doing anything at all with Godzilla. It won't surprise me if they scrapp it or if they already have.

Yes cause LP is so gonna throw away money to get the rights to a franchise they're not gonna use and I'm totally not being sarcastic, like no lie. :roll:

Chris55 wrote:King Kong could fling his poop SO FAST, you'd think it was a beam!

Beef Bigshot wrote:I guess its used to make the kaiju look more alien and creepy to the audience. Also its like visual sex to the viewer

Janjira54 wrote:I believe this is the first time we've ever seen Godzilla having genitals. Christ, the things this site makes me say...

Living Corpse
Seatopian Demigod

Geiger Counter

Postby gatorzilla » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:44 am

Cimmerian Dragon wrote:With Batman going into hibernation (most likely) for a while now, Legendary may find themselves a little more eager to jump-start their next potential franchise. Could be good for Godzilla.

My thoughts exactly though I do worry about Legendary thinking that Man of Steel or Pacific Rim will be their next big franchises instead but I would think they would not considering Pacific Rim is an unproven film and will probably end up just being one movie and Man of Steel is hanging by a thread because should the film not do as good its been reported Warner Bros will not do any Superman movies for awhile so they could very well be waiting for TDKR to get done and then focus on Godzilla as their next big franchise.

gatorzilla
G-Force Lieutenant

Geiger Counter

Postby tenup » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:26 am

In response to Livingcorpse, of course LP will eventually bust out something related to Godzilla. But that doesn't mean that by that time Edwards and company will still be involved. This is what I meant by being scrapped. I see it being similar to the 94' Tristar Godzilla being scrapped in favor for Emmerich's forsaken attempt. It might just turn out that Del Toro may eventually get on board for Godzilla depending on his success with Pacific Rim.
tenup
Interpol Agent

Postby Tyler » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:12 am

Del Toro was asked multiple times to turn Pacific Rim into Godzilla and he refused.

Tyler
Anung Un Rama

Geiger Counter

Postby PopInPicsPresents » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:27 am

Living Corpse wrote:
Viva la revolucion! wrote:Oh thank god. Edwards is a great director, and it would sad to see him replaced by a talentless hack.

He's only had one film. Can't really say he's good or bad. :?

Well Monsters wasn't that great. That's the only work of his I've seen. It wasn't bad at all, it just isn't as great as people seem to say.
Godzillatheultimate wrote:I LIKE to randomly CAPITALIZE words in my SENTENCES.

PopInPicsPresents
Stop Motion Guru

Geiger Counter

Team: A. Sousa Productions
Favourite Kaiju: Zetton

Postby gatorzilla » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:31 am

Tyler wrote:Del Toro was asked multiple times to turn Pacific Rim into Godzilla and he refused.

Never really cared for Del Toro anyways and its because of that that i find it hard to get excited about Pacific Rim. Dont understand why that was on Legendary's list ahead of Godzilla or why Del Toro wouldnt want to just make it into a Godzilla movie as the plot sounds exactly something you would see in a G-film

gatorzilla
G-Force Lieutenant

Geiger Counter

Postby Tyler » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:39 am

gatorzilla wrote:Never really cared for Del Toro anyways and its because of that that i find it hard to get excited about Pacific Rim. Dont understand why that was on Legendary's list ahead of Godzilla or why Del Toro wouldnt want to just make it into a Godzilla movie as the plot sounds exactly something you would see in a G-film

I could do without giant robots in G films from now on.

Tyler
Anung Un Rama

Geiger Counter

Postby Ethan » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:46 am

I hope the estimated budget is announced.
"If only all garden variety fans had just one neck!"
Ethan
G-Grasper

Postby gatorzilla » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:48 am

Tyler wrote:
gatorzilla wrote:Never really cared for Del Toro anyways and its because of that that i find it hard to get excited about Pacific Rim. Dont understand why that was on Legendary's list ahead of Godzilla or why Del Toro wouldnt want to just make it into a Godzilla movie as the plot sounds exactly something you would see in a G-film

I could do without giant robots in G films from now on.

As could I but the thing that annoys me the most is that this movie became a top priority over Godzilla and i dont understand why and I have a very hard time getting excited for it when anytime I see anything about this movie I think that it couldve been about Godzilla instead. If they wanted to combine this with Godzilla they should've done it before Del Toro got involved.

gatorzilla
G-Force Lieutenant

Geiger Counter

Postby GodzillaIsCool » Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:34 pm

My next comment is not based on fact, just a guess to see what people have to say...

You think Legendary/WB is waiting to see how the Hobbit is going to do with the whole 48 FPS? If it takes off they might push it on the new Godzilla movie?

Which I am aware a lot of early reviews of the 48 FPS footage is leaning towards bad.
GodzillaIsCool
Yin-Yang Master

Postby Blackout286 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:28 pm

GodzillaIsCool wrote:My next comment is not based on fact, just a guess to see what people have to say...

You think Legendary/WB is waiting to see how the Hobbit is going to do with the whole 48 FPS? If it takes off they might push it on the new Godzilla movie?

Which I am aware a lot of early reviews of the 48 FPS footage is leaning towards bad.

Its a decent assumption, from what I heard and read about the 48 FPS footage was that to most, it looked like a TV soap opera show. (Someone used General Hospital as a example) Saying that there was no cinematic appearance and that the adventurous settings/movie settings looked like a normal set that you would see in a, you guessed it, a TV show.

There's nothing wrong with change, but this is really going to tear the audience/people wanting to see down in half for that film.

I don't think LP will be going with the new 48 fps format for the Godzilla film, in fear of turning potential audiences off, its something that might be avoided.
Blackout286
G-Grasper

Postby gatorzilla » Tue May 08, 2012 9:36 pm

So aside from the brief Gareth Edwards and Max Borenstein interviews back in March we have nothing? How is nobody able to ask these guys or Legendary staff themselves what the deal is? I'd like to know what is the whole secrecy thing is about and also how the script is coming along if its finished and been approved? Will there be anything at Comic Con?

So many questions. Is this Toho causing the delay? If so why would they?

Anyone that goes to comic con this year really should just ask Legendary whats the progress on the movie? We are STARVING for something.

Didnt Thomas Tull say awhile back at last years either SD or NY comic con to "stay tuned for an update on a project called Godzilla" or something lke that?

gatorzilla
G-Force Lieutenant

Geiger Counter

PreviousNext

Return to Legendary Series (2014-Current)