Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Godzilla21
Keizer

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Post by Godzilla21 »

Imagine all discussions about Kong's height and he ends up being 399 feet tall to Godzilla's 393
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

I’d be fine with either scenario, honestly, but it wouldn’t be anything new with the above in this kind of situation. Kong being slightly taller wouldn’t drastically tip the scale of Godzilla is still the more powerful of the two.

Ben Affleck’s Batman was physically taller then Cavil’s Superman, but the latter was still quite a deal stronger than the former, before and after the Krytonite has. Completely different scenarios, I know, but just something I to think about I guess.

#BotM

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Kong is throwing in overhand punch and Godzilla's knees look bent. Also first one to say the Height Wars are not over we just moved the reason we were fighting lol.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Spydrmanjr
Monarch Researcher

Post by Spydrmanjr »

Shadowfyre wrote:Sayaka made it obvious who wins guys.
Like others have mentioned, it isn't obvious. Some people want Godzilla to win, some people want Kong to win (even those who are Godzilla fans). Both have the title "king" affixed to their names in some fashion. Sayaka said they are going to fight directly, one on one, and neither of them are going to die in the movie. Neither Godzilla nor Kong have let anything they are fighting live. One logical conclusion you can come up with is they are going to KO one another.

Edit: Regarding the clip we have: Kong is posted on his left leg as you throws his whole body into a punch (not jumping), while Godzilla is lunging/steping forward and up towards Kong.
Last edited by Spydrmanjr on Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

miguelnuva wrote:Kong is throwing in overhand punch and Godzilla's knees look bent. Also first one to say the Height Wars are not over we just moved the reason we were fighting lol.
I noticed that as well. Although we can only make out one of Godzilla’s legs, it’s clear that said leg is bent and Godzilla is rising up to meet Kong. The height wars have only just begun, ladies and gentlemen.

#BotM

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Godzilla165 wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:Kong is throwing in overhand punch and Godzilla's knees look bent. Also first one to say the Height Wars are not over we just moved the reason we were fighting lol.
I noticed that as well. Although we can only make out one of Godzilla’s legs, it’s clear that said leg is bent and Godzilla is rising up to meet Kong. The height wars have only just begun, ladies and gentlemen.
Yep. The way Kong is punching will raise him off the ground but I'd put money on them being close to eye to eye level.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

I don't care what Kong's height is, bottom line, he's large enough to fight one on one with Godzilla and not have to make the fight about being faster despite being smaller, etc, just two classic film monsters in amazing, modern renditions, going at each other in a brawl.

I just hope we get to see a good daylight fight between them.

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

Size looks similar to this, which is fine. Once the official trailer and posters and stuff start coming out, we'll know for sure. They're big enough to fight. That's plenty for me.

Honestly, it can be tough to gauge the size of these things in these films. Ghidorah was over 100 feet taller than Godzilla, but the way he crawled and coiled his heads, he sometimes seems like he was smaller.
Last edited by KingKaiju on Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MrRockett
JXSDF Technician

Post by MrRockett »

I’m still calling for the ultimate swerve and the creation is not a serpent, nor mechagodzilla but based on the discovery of Atlantis are the paintings of the one they created to defend the earth....Gamera!

You know how bonkers fans would be to see what we think is the final battle happening with two weary combatants and out of nowhere you hear Gameras elephant with a cold roar as he takes them both out!

LOL
goji89 wrote:King Gonorrhea
I've turned over a new leaf, and it's still just a leaf so I guess I'm still the same a-hole I've always been just now with two leaves.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

MrRockett wrote:I’m still calling for the ultimate swerve and the creation is not a serpent, nor mechagodzilla but based on the discovery of Atlantis are the paintings of the one they created to defend the earth....Gamera!

You know how bonkers fans would be to see what we think is the final battle happening with two weary combatants and out of nowhere you hear Gameras elephant with a cold roar as he takes them both out!

LOL

Too good to pass up on. :lol:
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GmkGoji
Gotengo Officer

Post by GmkGoji »

My friend came up with and idea where while Godzilla and Kong are fighting, Gamera shows up and kills Kong with a machine gun, and shoves an Oxygen destroyer down Godzilla's mouth. Then some Gyaos show up, rip Gamera to pieces, and start eating some humans. The end.
Resized Image
Heiki, hecchara!

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

if Gamera, Godzilla and Kong showed up on screen together they could end the movie there and kaiju fans would have gotten their money worth.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

miguelnuva wrote:if Gamera, Godzilla and Kong showed up on screen together they could end the movie there and kaiju fans would have gotten their money worth.
Yeah, everyone would fail no nut November. :lol:

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Moogabunga
EDF Instructor

Post by Moogabunga »

Deleted
Last edited by Moogabunga on Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rodan95
Monarch Researcher

Post by Rodan95 »

Hate to be that guy, but while I do think Sayaka is right 95% of the time, he told us months ago that Kong was 90 meters (295 feet). He is wrong about that. Kong is was way bigger than that. He's atleast over 360 feet tall now - if not, the same size - or even taller than Godzilla...which is insane :shock:

After analyzing the gif I had to take down, Kong's foot is flat on the ground in the beginning. We got a big boy here :lol:

kaijukurt
EDF Instructor

Post by kaijukurt »

Rodan95 wrote:Hate to be that guy, but while I do think Sayaka is right 95% of the time, he told us months ago that Kong was 90 meters (295 feet). He is wrong about that. Kong is was way bigger than that. He's atleast over 360 feet tall now - if not, the same size - or even taller than Godzilla...which is insane :shock:

After analyzing the gif I had to take down, Kong's foot is flat on the ground in the beginning. We got a big boy here :lol:
In fairness, maybe he got his 90 meters from official statistics?

Plus, we do know how the official stats often differ from on screen depictions, like how a 47 meter Rodan shouldnt be dwarfing fighter jets on screen.
Formerly known as kurtzilla

Shadowfyre
Monarch Researcher

Post by Shadowfyre »

Has there ever been a movie reference that said "long live the king" to Kong?

ultrazilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by ultrazilla »

So here's the official stats for Kong in KSI from WB Japan.
https://www.scified.com/news/kong-skull ... ster-specs
Height 31.6m
Weight 158 tons
So let's scale him up shall we. Using the square cube law, an animal of the same proportion with twice the size yields an eight times increase in mass or body weight. If we high ball Kong's height to 126.4m which is effectively 4 times its size from KSI we get a weight of 10,112 tons, compared to almost 100,000 tons for a 120m tall Godzilla in Kotm. It's a 9.9 times difference in mass in favor of Goji, now put that in perspective!
No wonder according to the leak, when Kong hits Godzilla the latter didn't even flinch but when Goji hits Kong, it sends the ape flying. The mass is so dense and heavy in Godzilla I can imagine when Kong charges on it'll be like you hitting a brick wall. I think this is why Kong needs a weapon in this movie to deliver enough damage. A pointy end like Muto's claw or sharp edge like an axe when applied with strong force or thrust could hurt Godzilla.

SuperPawnageGigan
G-Force Personnel

Post by SuperPawnageGigan »

All i am hoping is Godzilla wins. Because i am on Team Gojira for the win!
8-BIT MADNESS
2 Friends having a good time.

JesstrK
G-Force Personnel

Post by JesstrK »

ultrazilla wrote:So here's the official stats for Kong in KSI from WB Japan.
https://www.scified.com/news/kong-skull ... ster-specs
Height 31.6m
Weight 158 tons
So let's scale him up shall we. Using the square cube law, an animal of the same proportion with twice the size yields an eight times increase in mass or body weight. If we high ball Kong's height to 126.4m which is effectively 4 times its size from KSI we get a weight of 10,112 tons, compared to almost 100,000 tons for a 120m tall Godzilla in Kotm. It's a 9.9 times difference in mass in favor of Goji, now put that in perspective!
No wonder according to the leak, when Kong hits Godzilla the latter didn't even flinch but when Goji hits Kong, it sends the ape flying. The mass is so dense and heavy in Godzilla I can imagine when Kong charges on it'll be like you hitting a brick wall. I think this is why Kong needs a weapon in this movie to deliver enough damage. A pointy end like Muto's claw or sharp edge like an axe when applied with strong force or thrust could hurt Godzilla.
Reminds me of that scene in BvS where Batman repeatedly punches Superman in the jaw and Supes just tanks it like it’s nothing. I know that movie was mediocre at best but the final fight was good.