What did each surviving Godzilla do after their respected films?

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1999 to 2015.
Ironcarnage101
GPN Volunteer

What did each surviving Godzilla do after their respected films?

Post by Ironcarnage101 »

After reading what happened to each Millennium Godzilla, It came upon me that nothing ever explained what happened to them after their films, Like what did Miregoji do after he ravaged Tokyo at the end of Godzilla: 2000? And did Kiryugoji ever get out of Mothra's webbing? and did he re-surface and attack Japan once more? This concept is very intriguing to me, and makes me think that they did this on purpose so they could come back to these continuity's if they wanted to.
Last edited by Ironcarnage101 on Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gigantis
Sazer

Re: What did each surviving Godzilla do after their respected films?

Post by Gigantis »

G2K kept on destroying stuff and fought other monsters.

GXMG came out of the ground,and again,destroyed stuff and fought other monsters.

GMK regenerated after a good couple years or so,and with no Guardians to stop him,destroyed the world.

Kiryu broke free from Mecha's grip and once again,destroyed stuff and fought other monsters.

FW..who knows? All the monsters seem pretty dead except for his allies so there's nothing left for him to do but sleep.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

FW Godzilla basically rules the world at that point. Human civilization has been completely ravaged and there's really nothing to oppose him anymore.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

G2000- Godzilla continued being a threat to Japan.

G vs Meg- Godzilla continued to be a threat to Japan.

GMK- The heart eventually regenerated into Godzilla, and continued to be a threat to Japan.

GXMG, Tsos- Godzilla got free of Kiryu and rested for a time.

GFW- Godzilla was tired of fighting, and as there was no one left to challenge him, took some rest.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

HillyHulk
Gotengo Officer

Post by HillyHulk »

Godzilla 2000: Remained a menace to society.

Godzilla vs. Megaguirus: Depends on whether or not Dimension Tide worked as it was supposed to. If it did, Godzilla is dead. If not, Godzilla is stuck in a world of darkness until the weapon is used again (we did see Meganulon enter Dimension Tide then leave to later become Megaguirus).

GMK: Heart eventually stopped and Godzilla died, the spirits leaving the now useless body.

Godzilla Tokyo S.O.S: Eventually broke free from Kiryu and returned to attacking Japan, leading Kiryu to leave the ocean for a true final battle.

Godzilla Final Wars: Ruled the kaiju that hadn't died and left Japan behind as a thing of the past.
Last edited by HillyHulk on Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

HillyHulk wrote:
Godzilla vs. Megaguirus: Depends on whether or not Dimension Tide worked as it was supposed to. If it did, Godzilla is dead. If not, Godzilla is stuck in a world of darkness until the weapon is used again (we did see Meganulon enter Dimension Tide then leave to later become Megaguirus).
After credits scene implies he got out.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

HillyHulk wrote:(we did see Meganulon enter Dimension Tide then leave to later become Megaguirus)
That’s not what happened. The DT opened a wormhole that allowed a Meganula into 2001 Japan. While there, the bug laid its egg, and that kicked off the Megaguirus episode.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

HillyHulk wrote: GMK: Heart eventually stopped and Godzilla died, the spirits leaving the now useless body.

Godzilla Tokyo S.O.S: Eventually broke free from Kiryu and returned to attacking Japan, leading Kiryu to leave the ocean for a true final battle.

Godzilla Final Wars: Ruled the kaiju that hadn't died and left Japan behind as a thing of the past.
A lot of these would completely undermine some of the respective films themes.

1. The point of showing the beating heart was to explicitly show Godzilla remained alive in the film. The idea of the film was to not forget tragedy and a generational divide. The idea is that Godzilla may eventually return, and that people should not forget him, in the same way people should not forget the bombings of Hiroshima or Nagasaki (or any war/tragedy). A big plot point was that Admiral Tachibana was one of the few surviving people who really remembered G54's attack and a lot of dialogue implies that most of Japan has completely forgotten about Godzilla.

Godzilla may return in the future should people forget.

2. Kiryu returning to the ocean was a thematic end to the character, and also tied into Mothra. G54's bones being used to construct Kiryu is a gigantic taboo in a lot of Japanese shinto culture and religion (this is echoed by Mothra's fairies in the film). I like to imagine after Kiryu dropped Godzilla in the ocean that Godzilla was pacified, or at least not as active as he was. It was implied in the film that Godzilla attackign regularly in the duo-logy was due to 54's bones being used. It also undermines Mothra's sacrifices. Having Kiryu come back again, just to fight Godzilla, makes little sense.

The post-credits scene implies that eventually more artificial monsters would be created. I think what would happen in a third Kiryu film would be that Godzilla would be awoken again by more "artificial monsters" and that Mothra may turn on humanity for that reason.

3. While Godzilla Final Wars doesn't have a lot of character, and it has some really lazy writing, the ending was pretty clear in that Godzilla forgave humanity and set off into the sunset with Minya. Ozaki and the others also decide to not to continue to pursue or attack Godzilla. I like to believe that Godzilla spent the remainder of his life with Minya living in the ocean at peace. In the context of GFW, it's implied Godzilla was originally a peaceful creature until humanity destroyed nature (the scene where the grandpa notes the big fire might be an allusion to nuclear testing as well).

I don't see these films as part of one cohesive series
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Godzilla 2000: Went back to what he was doing in the ocean.

GxM Godzilla: Broke free from dimension tide. With plasma energy gone Godzilla likely destroyed the city one last time and was finished.

GMk: Godzilla will return.

Kiryu saga: Godzilla will stay sleep with Kiryu but if a new monster is created he and Mothra will return.

Final Wars: Will sleep until needed again.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

Many years after GMK, Godzilla regenerated and fought off any remaining Gyaos.
Still the best, 1955... 8-)

Omegazilla
Interpol Agent

Post by Omegazilla »

G2K and GvM Godzilla probably will keep returning to keep humanity's energy sources in disarray like they've always been doing, then crushing any monsters that happen to show up along the way. GMK Godzilla will come back. He'll probably always come back until Japan is no more. Kiryu Godzilla will probably lay around in the ocean for years. That is all he is good for anyway. FW Godzilla seemed to be at peace, but given how often humanity screws up I am sure in time he shall return.

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

Post by Destoroyah of Worlds »

Most of them would just fight other monsters and fuck up cities here and there. Nothing too major.

GMK Godzilla would regenerate and murder people worse than Shin. He's a fucking demon.
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

GojiDog
G-Grasper

Post by GojiDog »

G2K kept being himself. If another monster would show up, he'd fight it. If humans antagonized him, he'd keep wrecking crap.

GXM obviously came back as the post credit indicated. Presumably, the G-Graspers would perfect the Dimension Tide in a way that would have a more permanent impact and not bring alien dragonflies to Japan....maybe I'm just hopeful though.

GMK I like to think that this Godzilla would regenerate to a fully formed body after being just a beating heart, but it would take decades to get to that, possibly by the 100th anniversary of his original attack on Japan.

GXMG/SOS I like to think stayed trapped at the bottom of the ocean in an eternal prison, trapped in Mechagodzilla's clutches and Mothra's webbing.

GFW lived peacefully with his son and left humanity alone while they rebuilt the world.
White Male Genocide is necessary.

Kill all white men.

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

GojiDog wrote:GXMG/SOS I like to think stayed trapped at the bottom of the ocean in an eternal prison, trapped in Mechagodzilla's clutches and Mothra's webbing.
...unless another monster attacks somewhere in the world.
Still the best, 1955... 8-)