Scrapped Monster Discussion: Deathla

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1999 to 2015.
GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Scrapped Monster Discussion: Deathla

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

https://www.tohokingdom.com/cutting_room/deathla.html

Probably the scrapped monster I’d most want to see brought to life, would have most likely been an excellent successor to Hedorah. Also probably the weirdest scrapped monster, definitely so in terms of design.

Also, where did the image used to represent Deathla in the cutting room pages come from? There’s no credit for it.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Gigantis
Sazer

Re: Scrapped Monster Discussion: Deathla

Post by Gigantis »

Whatever image it is,it's not very accurate to Banno's description of him.

Still his powers are pretty cool,and his name just oozes menace. Honestly i might have prefered this movie over G14.
Last edited by Gigantis on Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I remember being really excited for this monster.

I liked the parallels of Deathla having some swarm of locust form, and taking inspiration from insects/bugs like Hedorah took from frogs. Still, this monster, similar to Hitodah, is essentially just Hedorah, just with a different name.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

The monster sounds promising, and its powers would make it a formidable foe.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

https://www.deviantart.com/hewhowalksde ... -119754938
I rather liked this image of Godzilla's 3-D foe. Which I had previously seen on the old "Unmade Kaiju" thread in the "General Toho Discussion" parts of this distinguished forum. Looked like something which sprang forth from an anime, and have its way with some school girls. Its bright red ,and yellow colors made it stand out a bit from some of your traditional G-Foes. Definitely Deathla would provide hard obstacle for Godzilla to overcome.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

tyrantgoji wrote:Whatever image it is,it's not very accurate to Banno's description of him.
Maybe so, but I think it may go with the whole 'shapeshifting, ever-morphing' aspect.
Still the best, 1955... 8-)