Kaiju Discussion: Always 2 Godzilla

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1999 to 2015.
Godzilla2004fan
Samurai

Kaiju Discussion: Always 2 Godzilla

Post by Godzilla2004fan »

The Always Godzilla is the Godzilla design that made a cameo in the 2007 film, Always: Sunset on Third Street 2. People Never talk about this design, but this Discussion will make you talk about it. Man, this is one of My favourite Godzilla designs, altough his CGI model looks shitty, it was a really nice appearence, with that music (Wow, I believe that was nostalgia, sorry, My bad). :g2k:
Last edited by Godzilla2004fan on Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The King of Monsters That Appeared in 1954" is Godzilla!
My DeviantArt account: https://www.deviantart.com/sonic2006fan

Titanoterror98
Interpol Agent

Re: Kaiju Discussion: Always 2 Godzilla

Post by Titanoterror98 »

I agree! I never got to see the movie outside that one clip, but the way the scene is shot and the music is scored, makes it feel like one of the most exciting entrances for Godzilla I've ever seen. Plus, the design just looks like a really good Godzilla; like a combination of GMK and ShodaiGoji.
"Kaiju are underrated." - Me
"Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own." - Proverbs 3:5
"The only lemon content that should be on the internet is Lemon Demon music." - The Dapper Critter(A.K.A. Also me)

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

If you wanna read how the design came about, this article covers everything -
http://www.scifijapan.com/articles/2008 ... rd-street/

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

This was a really cool Godzilla

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

Titanoterror98
Interpol Agent

Post by Titanoterror98 »

tbeasley wrote:If you wanna read how the design came about, this article covers everything -
http://www.scifijapan.com/articles/2008 ... rd-street/
Wow, that was a pretty neat article!
I guess what I said about the resemblance the GMK and ShodaiGoji was intentional from the start!
Reading that article makes me appreciate the effort the director put into making the scene. He could have just made it a pure spectacle piece, but he made it so that honoured the sprit of the first Godzilla and the connection it had with this film's setting. It also makes me want to see an honest-to-Goji period film that revists Godzilla's roots with modern effects and cinematography.
While I'm here, would anyone recommend the actual Always on Third Street movies? If so, where can I find them?
"Kaiju are underrated." - Me
"Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own." - Proverbs 3:5
"The only lemon content that should be on the internet is Lemon Demon music." - The Dapper Critter(A.K.A. Also me)

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

That's a nice design. I haven't seen the Always movies, but I might take a look at them for this.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.