Which unmade Millennium film would you've like to see?

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1999 to 2015.

Roland Emmerich's Godzilla 2 (2000)
3%
Godzilla Reborn (2001)
14%
Godzilla vs. Kamacuras (2001)
5%
Godzilla vs. M (2001)
5%
Godzilla X Varan, Baragon and Anguirus: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack (2001)
42%
Godzilla vs. Gamera (2002)
26%
Godzilla 3D to the Max (2009)
6%

Total votes: 65

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

Please feel free to submit your vote and express your opinion and reasons in the comment section down below. Thank you.
Still the best, 1955... 8-)

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Re: Which unmade Millennium film would you've like to see?

Post by Ivo-goji »

A Kaneko directed Godzilla/Gamera crossover would of course have been a dream come true.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

Ivo-goji wrote:A Kaneko directed Godzilla/Gamera crossover would of course have been a dream come true.
Agreed mate. :huge:

Mechagigan
Futurian

Post by Mechagigan »

Godzilla Vs. Gamera is absolutely going to win this - especially under Kaneko's control. You just know it would've been something amazing. Hell, it could've had the worst plot in the world, and it'd still have been worth it to see the greats duke it out.

HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

Post by HeiseiGodzilla117 »

I voted Godzilla vs Gamera because it's just one of those matches the child in me would love to see. But I have to admit, part of me would really like to see Emmerich's Godzilla 2 as long as we still ended up getting the 2014 movie. The history of the 98 movie has always been fascinating to me even though it's a terrible Godzilla flick.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Kenpachiro Hirata
Samurai

Post by Kenpachiro Hirata »

Original "Daikaiju Sokogeki" but with a serious tone and FX, like 89-92 Heisei.
"It started when man first stepped out of the garden of Eden and left his innocence behind."

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

Voted for Godzilla vs. Gamera or Gojira tai Game(ra?). It would be two rivals goin' at it, much like King Kong vs. Godzilla. It also would have been cool to see *deep breath* Godzilla X Varan, Baragon and Anguirus: Giant Monsters All Out Attack. Would have been good to see Varan again, for the first time in 43 years.
Resized Image

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

I would love seeing Godzilla messing up buildings in Latinamerica and Mexico; but Godzilla vs. Gamera could have been awesome.
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:
https://www.instagram.com/buruno.98/

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Was Godzilla vs Gamera EVER even considered by Toho/Daiei? It seems like Toho was always vehemently against the idea.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Can anyone back me up here? I swore in an original script treatment for Godzilla 2000 was going to feature an all out assault of the earth's combined military against Godzilla. He was to survive and with man's weaponry gone or depleted Godzilla would go on a world wide rampage. It's been yeas since I read this so I might be miss remembering something.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:Can anyone back me up here? I swore in an original script treatment for Godzilla 2000 was going to feature an all out assault of the earth's combined military against Godzilla. He was to survive and with man's weaponry gone or depleted Godzilla would go on a world wide rampage. It's been yeas since I read this so I might be miss remembering something.
That would've been awesome. Toho make a film like this please.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)
Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

Omegamorph
Interpol Agent

Post by Omegamorph »

The TriStar Godzilla sequel would have been fantastic to see, as well as a third film just so they could make a self-contained trilogy and end it properly there.

This is the first time I'm hearing of Godzilla Vs. Gamera as an actual film project (w/ Kaneko directing???), where did that bit of info come from? I'd have loved to see that, Kaneko has an exquisite style that really brings energy to his films
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.
miguelnuva wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:47 pm With this being an Oscar for best visual effects you can also joke and say Godzilla really did win the oscar.

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

Omegamorph wrote:This is the first time I'm hearing of Godzilla Vs. Gamera as an actual film project (w/ Kaneko directing???), where did that bit of info come from? I'd have loved to see that, Kaneko has an exquisite style that really brings energy to his films
I don't think it was ever a real project, Daiei/Kadokawa brought the idea to Toho and Toho said no.
Kaneko is brought up a lot cause he's been involved with both Gamera and Godzilla (and Ultraman!).

Omegamorph
Interpol Agent

Post by Omegamorph »

tbeasley wrote: I don't think it was ever a real project, Daiei/Kadokawa brought the idea to Toho and Toho said no.
Kaneko is brought up a lot cause he's been involved with both Gamera and Godzilla (and Ultraman!).
Yeah thought so, had it had a meatier history there would be something online

hardly an unmade film
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.
miguelnuva wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:47 pm With this being an Oscar for best visual effects you can also joke and say Godzilla really did win the oscar.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

I think GVA would of been good, with Godzilla figthing a group of 4-legged monsters.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Dino-Mario
G-Force Personnel

Post by Dino-Mario »

GxVBA, mostly because Varan really needs more appereances.

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:I think GVA would of been good, with Godzilla figthing a group of 4-legged monsters.
"GVA"? What's that?

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

SonOfGorgo wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:I think GVA would of been good, with Godzilla figthing a group of 4-legged monsters.
"GVA"? What's that?
Godzilla, Varan, Anguirus: All Giant Monsters All-Out Attack.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Godzilla, Varan, Anguirus: All Giant Monsters All-Out Attack.
Oh, I get it now.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Godzilla vs M. Just because it would be so different from any other Godzilla movie.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.