what did mothra want to do with godzillas bones in tokyo sos

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1999 to 2015.
miguelnuva
Justiriser

Re: what did mothra want to do with godzillas bones in tokyo

Post by miguelnuva »

Wasn't the only reason Godzilla returned in SOS to get Kiryu he might become Docile now that Kiryu is with him. But their is that DNA that was taken.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

GotengoXGodzilla
EDF Instructor

Post by GotengoXGodzilla »

miguelnuva wrote:Wasn't the only reason Godzilla returned in SOS to get Kiryu he might become Docile now that Kiryu is with him. But their is that DNA that was taken.
We don't really know why Godzilla attacked in Tokyo SOS. As far as I'm concerned, he attacked because he's freakin' Godzilla. It's just what he does. He can do whatever he wants.

I really doubt that Godzilla attacked just to get Kiryu back to the ocean. There's too much thought in that plan.
Check out my film blog - Seeing Is Believing

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

GotengoXGodzilla wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:Wasn't the only reason Godzilla returned in SOS to get Kiryu he might become Docile now that Kiryu is with him. But their is that DNA that was taken.
We don't really know why Godzilla attacked in Tokyo SOS. As far as I'm concerned, he attacked because he's freakin' Godzilla. It's just what he does. He can do whatever he wants.

I really doubt that Godzilla attacked just to get Kiryu back to the ocean. There's too much thought in that plan.
It says in the film he was headed toward Kiryu. If it was to return the bones to the sea or just to destroy his old foe isn't clear but that's where he was headed.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

GotengoXGodzilla
EDF Instructor

Post by GotengoXGodzilla »

miguelnuva wrote:
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:

It says in the film he was headed toward Kiryu. If it was to return the bones to the sea or just to destroy his old foe isn't clear but that's where he was headed.
"Heading towards Kiryu" could mean anything. Maybe the predictions to where he was heading were wrong. Maybe Godzilla was just heading in the general direction of Kiryu, while Godzilla was unaware that Kiryu was directly ahead.

If Godzilla was so intent on getting Kiryu back to the sea, then he must really be getting mixed up, because when Kiryu shows up, he seems to intend to destroy the bones, not get them back to sea. Or hell, when Kiryu is finally knocked down for an extended period of time, that would be the perfect time for Godzilla to pick up Kiryu and drag him to the ocean. But all he does is roar in victory and just walk around aimlessly.

So I doubt Godzilla intended to do anything with the bones in Kiryu. He just felt like rampaging.
Check out my film blog - Seeing Is Believing

PRIMEVAL
Gotengo Officer

Post by PRIMEVAL »

Perhaps Godzilla thought Kiryu was a 'threat' or it was competing for territory? Knew it was his own kind or something. When Kiryu was down and out, he thought he had won.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Perhaps Godzilla just felt the presence of another of his own kind and was seeking that being. Godzilla doesn't attack Kiryu at first in GAMG, but does during the second attack. In GTSOS, Godzilla knew Kiryu wasn't friendly, and so may have been seeking to kill his opponent.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Chris55 wrote:
Gigan X3 wrote:Mothra's into necrophilia.
that's what I said!

But seriously Mothra, mind your own damn business. I don't see you popping up to stop Godzilla before all this happened. Bitch.
Godzilla was a natural being Kiryu wasn't Mothra was most likely rooting for Godzilla in the first film.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Giga Kaiju
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Giga Kaiju »

^ She didnt care about the city as long as the bones remained destroyed or unfound.
Seems plausible...That is until someone asks for her help.
UNSTOPPABLE FURY. UNTHINKABLE POWER. UNBREAKABLE WILL.
tymon wrote:Man, it really makes me laugh when I remember that all this drama is centered around a fictional, giant atomic monster. Damn you, Godzilla!
Gawdziller wrote:Doesn't matter what's moot or not. We'll just move onto the next thing to bitch about, then tangent onto something unrelated and bitch about that, and get trollbaited back on topic so we can bitch some more. It's the circle of life.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

If I was the Prime Minister, I sure as hell wouldnt have given up Kiryu. I'd have Kiryu and the SDF kill Mothra and her offspring the instant she tried any kind of hostile act.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

Gyaos wrote:If I was the Prime Minister, I sure as hell wouldnt have given up Kiryu. I'd have Kiryu and the SDF kill Mothra and her offspring the instant she tried any kind of hostile act.
Honestly, this sounds like the kind of move a real politician would make.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

I always laugh when Mothra says if that let Kiryu go Mothra will protect Japan from Godzilla when both Kiryu and Godzilla were shown superior to Mothra, if Mothra didn't want people using Kiryu then she should have attacked Godzilla several times before Tokyo SOS.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Tamura
EDF Instructor

Post by Tamura »

antovald20
Terminated
Terminated

Post by antovald20 »

Did anyone think it was weird, that Mothra will declare war on the human race? I thought mothra was peaceful?
"Continuity gotta love it. :D"- antovald20

EVERY KAIJU FAN SHOULD CHECK THIS OUT! HIT THE LINK BELOW!
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Nxd7cleqz74

GODZILLA VS GAMERA! THE ULTIMATE BATTLE IS FINALLY HERE! CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO SEE
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iMOl-amah8w

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

^ When are you going to give up on this crusade of the forum's resident mr. nice guy?
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

antovald20 wrote:Did anyone think it was weird, that Mothra will declare war on the human race? I thought mothra was peaceful?
Mothra is mostly peaceful. We all have things that annoy us, and Mothra's hang up is enslaving a soul in a big tin can.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

antovald20
Terminated
Terminated

Post by antovald20 »

I think Battra should be the one how declares war, and Mothra be the peace maker.

GODZILLA VS GAMERA! THE ULTIMATE BATTLE IS FINALLY HERE! CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO SEE

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

Tyler wrote:When you quit being a douchehole.
I doubt that.

This is coming from the guy who has another member as his avatar. If it wasn't wataru, and he wasn't overweight, you wouldn't be using the picture. As far as I'm concerned, that's pretty goddamn rude.

But hey, who am I to talk. I'm a "douchehole", after all.
Last edited by Goji on Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

attilagodzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by attilagodzilla »

what i thought was weird is how the fairys say that mothra will fight godzilla or else declares war on humans if they don't get rid of him but when they are using him when godzilla attacks mothra helps kiryu. it would make more sense if mothra worked with godzillato brng kiryu to sea. that's just me.
one of the few Godzilla fans from holland
Top 5 godzilla movies:
Gojira
Shin Godzilla
GMK
Godzilla vs mechagodzilla 1974
Ghidorah the 3 headed monster

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

antovald20
Terminated
Terminated

Post by antovald20 »

Living Corpse wrote:
antovald20 wrote:I think Battra should be the one how declares war, and Mothra be the peace maker.
Battra doesn't exist in this film's universe. ;)
I KNOW! I was just saying that, it would make more since if Battra is to declare war instead of Mothra.