Spacegodzilla 2000?

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1999 to 2015.
James23873
Monsterland Worker

Re: Spacegodzilla 2000?

Post by James23873 »

The original Godzilla was a different creature. Basically, the futurians didn't change anything. Essentially, it was a self fulfilling prophecy.

Back on topic. Spacegodzilla's creation requires a white hole. Since Godzilla never really entered the black hole in the first place, there's no way of knowing if any of his cells made it through, let alone exit a white hole. Back it would make a pretty awesome sequel if ever made. Maybe there could be some type of Space Meggaguirus too, considering there were dragonfly's present at the first detonation.
You know, Darth Vader cannot be Luke Skywalker's father. They don't have the same last name.
-Woody Boyd

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

miguelnuva wrote:This is what happens in the Heisei timeline
I know your post is over a month old, but...

http://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=7&t=479
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

CTHimes wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:This is what happens in the Heisei timeline
I know your post is over a month old, but...

http://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=7&t=479
I said the same thing in my post.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

GodzillaSpawn
G-Force Personnel

Post by GodzillaSpawn »

It's also confusing, because you assume that the bad guys actually have a well-thought out plan. You buy into the idea as a viewer. It SEEMS simple enough.

But putting the pieces together you soon realize how wrong and absurd their plan was. How mistaken they were from the very beginning. They didn't even know where the first Godzilla was mutated. At times I wasn't sure if it was taking it's own liberties and acting as a reboot in some spots or there is actually a logical explanation behind all that bad writing.

GodzillaSpawn
G-Force Personnel

Post by GodzillaSpawn »

Time travel makes my head hurt.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Movie writers have this amazing power to ignore anything that might interfere with their script. Events and such can be easily forgotten, and most audience member don't seem to care as long as the movie is entertaining. Some will bring up the questions, but they mainly end up online where endless debates go on.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

MasonWerx
Interpol Agent

Post by MasonWerx »

Godzilla vs. King Ghodorah is a hilarious film that is trying to mash Star Trek, Terminator and Godzilla into one film, so of course the storytelling is going to get sloppy.

I love this line from the movie:

DO NOT OPERATE YOUR VEHICLES WHILE KING GHIDORAH IS IN THE AREA!

And the flashbacks of Shindo where he is in the Army, 50 years pass and he hasn't aged a day! Explain that time paradox! I don't take the film very seriously.

Check out the scene right before that hilarious scene where the android chases their car down on foot. The door of the room that they are in is labeled "Super Scientific Play Room" What the hell does that mean?

I consider it the funniest of the franchise, especially with the bad australian dub.

---And in response to the original post: There is a scene after the credits? Time to pop in My Megaguirus DVD.

TyrantGojira
EDF Instructor

Post by TyrantGojira »

yeah, goji came out of the black hole. But only white holes release.
"Am I glad he's frozen in there and that we're out here, and that he's the sheriff, and that we're frozen out here, and that we're in there and I just remembered we're out here. What I wanna know is where's the caveman?"

MasonWerx
Interpol Agent

Post by MasonWerx »

TyrantGojira wrote:yeah, goji came out of the black hole. But only white holes release.

I watched it and it was pretty vague (kinda lame too) Makes me think that the black hole didn't work at all if anything. That he just got buried under a mountain of rubble like happened earler in the film, the first time that they tried to hit him with the black hole launcher. They even mentioned seismic activity at the end. If he HAD been trapped in the black hole then why would there be seismic activity.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

GodzillaSpawn wrote:Do we even know it was Bio who was responsible? Didn't they say it might have been Mothra?
If you compare whats in the films, the Biollante origin makes more sense. Look at Spacegodzilla's face then Biollante's. They sport the same snaggle-tooth maws and tusks. Both Spacegodzilla and Biollante are capable of producing a jamming signal similar to an EMP. Both Spacegodzilla and Biollante where telepathic to an extent. And finally, both Spacegodzilla and Biollante are able to break down into a glowing-spore like form.

To me, this points that Spacegodzilla likely came from Biollante. He shares some of her attributes and minor physical similarities. Theres nothing that supports the Mothra origin in-universe.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Living Corpse wrote:^ But Spacegodzilla looks more like Godzilla then he does Biollante which would suggest Mothra carrying Godzilla's skin is the cause. The whole tusks thing could just be a recessive gene from Godzilla.
Biollante has G-cells in her being too, which supports the Biollante theory. Lets go with the Mothra theory for a sec. How do you explain the minor physical similarities like the mouth and tusks? How do you explain the ability to generate EMP? How do you explain the telepathic abilities? How do you explain the ability to break down into glowing spores? All of these Biollante has, but Mothra doesnt. The only way Spacegodzilla would have access to these powers would be if he came from Biollante. Its kind of a big stretch to say that all of those are a coincidence.
Also they said they only know of two "recorded" cases where G-cells went into space, for all they know there could have been even more unseen cases they didn't know about, like maybe a meteor launched some of his skin to space, or maybe another country was experimenting with G-cells in zero gravity and something went wrong of course being top secret they covered it up and when a monster came out of their mistake they kept their mouths shut about it. So they are just guessing at this point as to how this thing even came to be.
Theres no evidence to support either of your proposed possibilities. Im going off of what I see and hear in both GvsB and GvsSG.
ImageImage

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

I should also note that Biollante got progressivly less plant like and more Godzilla like. It began as a normal rose which gained the ability to move around as well as mouth-like vine appendages, some sort of heart shaped organ and even a mouth. After losing to Godzilla, the G-cells are clearly more predominant as Biollante now sports a crocodile like head complete with scales and scutes as well as leaf-like structures on her back reminiscent of Godzilla's dorsal spines. She is also able to spew an acid sap in a similar way Godzilla fires his beam, both of which are radioactive. In this form Biollante is also endowed with tremendous regenerative properties unlike her rose form. Its very well possible that her "Godzilla" half was taking over her "Plant" half.
ImageImage

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

And all the similar powers could just be something that all Heisei clones would have if there were more, Junior sort of had a telapathic power. Or maybe it's the result of forming in space so he needed a means of moving, or maybe it's the result of stars or the crystals. Who knows.
If its the result of the stars and crystals, then how is Biollante able to do it being the first of these "clones" and being exposed to no such energies? Its a big stretch to call it a coincidence, especially with such similar powers. If Spacegodzilla came from G-cells attatched to Mothra, how is it that he ended up being so similar to Biollante?

Also Junior is not exactly a "clone", hes the same species as Godzilla unlike Spacegodzilla and Biollante who are entirely diffrent creatures so hes not really a good example.
Well no one really knows where most of the monsters came from half the time so most of their origins is just "theory". I'm just saying the fact that they came up with two theories about how he came to be just shows that they are just as confused and unsure as us and really are struggling to make sense of how this thing came to be.
Actually most of the origins are pretty straightforeward:

Biollante: Made from Godzilla's cells

King Ghidorah: 3 Dorats fused together via radiation

Mecha-King Ghidorah: Built ontop of the dying King Ghidorah

Battra: Created by the planet itself to destroy threats to the environment

Mechagodzilla: Created from Mecha-King Ghidorah's remains

MOGUERA: Alright, I'll give you this one. I've heard that hes built from Mechagodzilla's remains though

Spacegodzilla: (skip)

Destroyah: Precambrian life form mutated by Oxygen Destroyer

Those origins are even aknowleged by the characters in the film. Otherwise it's strongly implied.

The only countries that had posession of G-cells where Japan, Saradia and America (For a total of 3 minutes). One set was in posession of Bio-Major before they are stolen by the Saradian Agent and later destroyed during a lab bombing, which leaves only Japan in posession of G-cells. The fate of this particular batch is ambiguous, so I guess you have a point here. Though its still conjecture.
Point.
My point? Biollante progressivly became more and more Godzilla like with each transformation. Its possible that her "Godzilla" half fully took over, and was augmented by the cosmic energies and crystal. Granted this is conjecture as well, but im using in-universe evidence.

Theres also the fact that GvsSG loooooves to refrence Godzilla vs Biollante :lol:
ImageImage