Is Kiryu Godzilla's brother, dad, or what?

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1999 to 2015.
Breakdown
Keizer

Re: Is Kiryu Godzilla's brother, dad, or what?

Post by Breakdown »

antovald20 wrote:
B34sT wrote:Then you are wrong. If the director says it is a farher-son relationship then guess what? It is despite what you think.
The director said that? I thought Kiryu was the Mom, and gave birth to the Godzilla in the movie.
Impossible seeing as Godzilla '54 is male.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Mincecraft
JXSDF Technician

Post by Mincecraft »

Gyaos wrote:
antovald20 wrote:
B34sT wrote:Then you are wrong. If the director says it is a farher-son relationship then guess what? It is despite what you think.
The director said that? I thought Kiryu was the Mom, and gave birth to the Godzilla in the movie.
Impossible seeing as Godzilla '54 is male.
Thats what we assume. And I say never assume.

Mincecraft
JXSDF Technician

Post by Mincecraft »

^ Ah yes, silly me. :angel:

*Zilla enthusiast steps in* "He's pregnant!"

Giga Kaiju
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Giga Kaiju »

Father and Son?...hmm i didnt know that but i was kinda thinking about after multiple views of the
Kiryu Saga.
UNSTOPPABLE FURY. UNTHINKABLE POWER. UNBREAKABLE WILL.
tymon wrote:Man, it really makes me laugh when I remember that all this drama is centered around a fictional, giant atomic monster. Damn you, Godzilla!
Gawdziller wrote:Doesn't matter what's moot or not. We'll just move onto the next thing to bitch about, then tangent onto something unrelated and bitch about that, and get trollbaited back on topic so we can bitch some more. It's the circle of life.

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

I am honestly shocked you guys thought I was serious when I said they were sisters.

Officially, they're father and son, but their exact role is unnecessary to enjoy the film - what matters is they're the remnants of their species and tied together, if through nothing else, through that.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

scarecrow
Monarch Researcher

Post by scarecrow »

It's the grandfather (So to speak) The Godzilla from the 2000's is Junior.

In Godzilla vs Destoryah.When Godzilla died and everyone was all boo woo about it.Miki and that one bitch who suggested that Junior becomes a decoy, they see a fully grown Godzilla....and that Godzilla is Junior.Junior continues his father legacy.Believe it or not.
https://m.facebook.com/home.php?refsrc= ... fid=8&_rdr

^If you like my fanfics, feel free to follow me on Facebook

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Post by PopInPicsPresents »

scarecrow wrote:It's the grandfather (So to speak) The Godzilla from the 2000's is Junior.

In Godzilla vs Destoryah.When Godzilla died and everyone was all boo woo about it.Miki and that one bitch who suggested that Junior becomes a decoy, they see a fully grown Godzilla....and that Godzilla is Junior.Junior continues his father legacy.Believe it or not.
I don't believe it because it's completely untrue -_- People who think the Millennium Godzilla(s) is/are Junior have serious issues.
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

Carthormerr
Interpol Agent

Post by Carthormerr »

scarecrow wrote:It's the grandfather (So to speak) The Godzilla from the 2000's is Junior.

Yeah believe it or not... that's over 9000 wrong. They are different timelines. Completely unrelated to one another.
"A monster can live forever"

kpa
G-Grasper

Post by kpa »

Like others here have pointed out, that's an old fan rumor that is completely wrong. When GODZILLA 2000 first went into production, Toho announced that it was a fresh start and not a part of the previous series of Godzilla films. And in June 1999, Toho held a press conference for the film and answered questions from reporters...

Q: Was this film ever planned as a sequel to DESTOROYAH?

PRODUCER SHOGO TOMIYAMA: I never considered that idea at all for this project. The story of GODZILLA VS DESTOROYAH is set in a world entirely different from GODZILLA 2000: MILLENNIUM.

So there is no connection between the events of DESTOROYAH and those in the Millennium Godzilla films.

kpa
G-Grasper

Post by kpa »

Cimmerian Dragon wrote:^ Interesting...you achieved 666 posts, and thus "demon" status, just in time to destroy this poor soul's treasured beliefs! :lol:
:lol: I never pay attention to post counts so thanks for pointing that (though I'm now spoiling the number with this post).

It's also not my intent to "destroy" anything. But I think people come to forums like this one to share and learn information about a topic that interests them, so I hope they accept accurate info in the spirit it's been given rather than feeling bad about believing some old rumor.

Shadow
Futurian

Post by Shadow »

kpa wrote: Like others here have pointed out, that's an old fan rumor that is completely wrong. When GODZILLA 2000 first went into production, Toho announced that it was a fresh start and not a part of the previous series of Godzilla films. And in June 1999, Toho held a press conference for the film and answered questions from reporters...

Q: Was this film ever planned as a sequel to DESTOROYAH?

PRODUCER SHOGO TOMIYAMA: I never considered that idea at all for this project. The story of GODZILLA VS DESTOROYAH is set in a world entirely different from GODZILLA 2000: MILLENNIUM.

So there is no connection between the events of DESTOROYAH and those in the Millennium Godzilla films.
The demon speaks the truth, now time exercise you out of that vessel. Some one hand me the holy water.
Update: He has left the body! Hallaluya! Prasie Jebus! I'm done throwing shtick.
But yeah, he said it all basically.
Half as long, twice as bright.
Resized ImageResized Image
Greatest Advertisement of all time.
Greatest Parody Video of all time.
TK's Resident Master Crazy Narrator and Attack on Titan fan

Gojisan866
G-Force Personnel

Post by Gojisan866 »

Technically his father. He IS made from G54's bones. Which I never understood as his bones were disintegrated in the original movie. .-.
I'm back? I guess. Haven't posted here in a loooooong time.

Mincecraft
JXSDF Technician

Post by Mincecraft »

^ They changed that so that the bones survived.

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Living Corpse wrote:
Mincecraft wrote:^ They changed that so that the bones survived.
This, they retconed it, hence the new CG footage of the bones merely sinking to the bottom instead of disintegrating completely.
So was the G54 dying CGI because it looked fuggin' amazing!
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Living Corpse wrote:That CGI looked pretty damn good and not just for Toho but anyone. For a split second it almost looked like it wasn't CG and did come from the old film.
It looked like a suit throughout the whole flashback of Gojira dying, I wouldn't mind if future Godzilla films used CGI as long as they were on par with that. Wonder how much it would cost though lol
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Mama Birdon is bae

kpa
G-Grasper

Post by kpa »

Cimmerian Dragon wrote:I was just pulling your leg, pal. ;) {/quote]

I know... and I appreciate you pointing out the 666 because I never would have noticed it.
I love when you show up to set the record straight.
Thanks!

ShadowCloud
Ronin

Post by ShadowCloud »

They're both related in the same way a rando outside who happens to be the same race/ethnicity as you are related.

Tezuka likely intended for the "father/son" thing to be symbolic, as this is the first generation Godzilla (predecessor) going against the second generation Godzilla (successor).

Just my two dimes.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Darth Kiryu and Godzilla Skywalker.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

HillyHulk
Yuki Special

Post by HillyHulk »

I imagine the father because he is the spirit of the first Godzilla. I never really thought about it, but I would imagine the Godzilla in this series is his offspring since there are no other Godzilla.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

I assume that Kiryu is Godzilla’s father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate.

In all seriousness I just assume that Kiryu wasn’t related to Godzilla in any sense other than the same species. Although Kiryu did show some feelings toward Godzilla in a sense.