Which version of Godzilla vs Bagan would you most want to see?

For discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1980 up to 1998 (includes Gamera 3)

Which of the 3 would you want to see?

91 Version (Just a 1v1)
20%
94 Version (Godzilla/Super Godzilla, Mothra, and Rodan vs Bagan)
60%
95 Version (Godzilla (+maybe Super Godzilla), Mothra, and Gotengo vs Bagan)
20%

Total votes: 15

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Which version of Godzilla vs Bagan would you most want to see?

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Yes there was three seperate “Godzilla vs Bagan” ideas.

https://www.tohokingdom.com/cutting_roo ... _1991.html
https://www.tohokingdom.com/cutting_roo ... _1994.html
https://www.tohokingdom.com/cutting_roo ... _bagan.htm

So, if you could have any of these three actually exist, which one would you pick? I’d personally have to go with the 94 version, it would have been quite interesting to see imo an actual movie version of Super Godzilla and Bagan going at it.
Last edited by GodzillavsRayquaza on Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Gigantis
Sazer

Re: Which version of Godzilla vs Bagan would you most want to see?

Post by Gigantis »

I'm gonna go with the 91 version. Nothing says anything better than two juggernauts having a one on one fight to the death!

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

94 version easily. Godzilla Mothra and Rodan teaming up one more time is the bees kness. We do lose SpaceGodzilla however who while his movie isn't that great he is awsome.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Desghidorah
G-Grasper

Post by Desghidorah »

Hard pick between the 94 and 80s versions, why weren't they listed by the way? I know there was a name change from Bakan to Bagan, but they are still Bagan incarnations. Or are we only picking films that are literally titled 'Godzilla vs. Bagan'?

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

The 1994 version sounds like mindless fun. Though, maybe it's just me, but reviving Rodan after his sacrifice in GvsMGII feels like it undermines the ending a bit... Kind of glad they never went back to that idea, even if the reintroduction of Rodan is appreciated.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

GigaBowserG wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:06 pm The 1994 version sounds like mindless fun. Though, maybe it's just me, but reviving Rodan after his sacrifice in GvsMGII feels like it undermines the ending a bit... Kind of glad they never went back to that idea, even if the reintroduction of Rodan is appreciated.
Had Godzilla vs Bagan come out instead of GvsSG I assume it would have been fusion more so than a full sacrifice.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Omegazilla
Interpol Agent

Post by Omegazilla »

I like them all but I am gonna go with the 94 version. Seeing Super Godzilla actually in the movie would just be my fan dream come true. I don't care about how ridiculous it may sound. We already had a time travel plot in the same series I say go all-out!

GojiDog
G-Grasper

Post by GojiDog »

The 1991 take is basic "Godzilla Vs. X" concept and maybe it would have worked, but I liked Godzilla Vs. King Ghidorah 91 so much, that I don't view losing GVB as much of a missed opportunity.

The 94 film is probably the most interesting to die hard fans given the cast of kaiju. I love the idea of following up on Mothra's trip to space (come to think of it, wouldn't it have made more sense if Mothra fought Spacegodzilla in space instead of MOGUERA?), and for some reason, I have this idea in my head of Mothra just rushing back and being like "DUUUUUUDE!!! SOME BAD S*** IS COMING!!!", lol. Still though, it does sound a little too similar to Ghidorah the Three Headed Monster, and why would they go to the trouble of un-merging Godzilla and Rodan? Maybe Godzilla was going to merge with both Mothra and Rodan to become Super Godzilla in this.

The 95 version including the Gotengo is kind of neat, though with the little I know about the project, it sounds like they just swapped out Rodan for the super sub, which I guess makes sense as a way to keep the humans involved.

Basically, I'm not in love with any of these concepts, but I'm not opposed to any either. I guess if I had to pick, it'd be the 94 take just for the monsters involved.
White Male Genocide is necessary.

Kill all white men.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

I think 91 would have been the best introduction to Bagan. Feel 94, fun as the monster mash sounds, might have been too many beasts at once to really give Bagan the sole focus to help sell him to an audience. Plus sometimes simple can be more effective.

Legendary Minya
Monarch Researcher

Post by Legendary Minya »

None of the above, because internet fans have made me so sick of Bagan I could vomit.... but I chose the one with Rodan just because of how dirty he was done in 1993 it would be nice to give him a shot at redemption
"HOW DO YA LIKE THAT, WEIRDO?!!?"

AllosaurHell
Monarch Researcher

Post by AllosaurHell »

Probably the 95 version, cause personally I love Bagan and would just love to see him appear in some capacity on film. Personally though, I am not a fan of Super Godzilla's design so I don't know if I would want that to appear unless it is redesigned.
A maker of fun cartoons and puppets for everyone's entertainment on my YouTube channel "Allosaur House"
Your local stan of Lone Wolf Baron Corbin, Shin Godzilla and Dinosaur enthusiast and Mexican young adult that lives in Canada.

You can find me elsewhere here: https://linktr.ee/AllosaurHouse

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

I'll go with 1994.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Legendary Minya wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:14 am None of the above, because internet fans have made me so sick of Bagan I could vomit.... but I chose the one with Rodan just because of how dirty he was done in 1993 it would be nice to give him a shot at redemption
Saving his brother's life was done dirty? Rodan did about as much to Godzilla in 93 as Ghidorah did in 91.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

miguelnuva wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:51 pm
Legendary Minya wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:14 am None of the above, because internet fans have made me so sick of Bagan I could vomit.... but I chose the one with Rodan just because of how dirty he was done in 1993 it would be nice to give him a shot at redemption
Saving his brother's life was done dirty? Rodan did about as much to Godzilla in 93 as Ghidorah did in 91.
Hey, Heisei Ghidorah has a lot going against him but he was on the verge of killing Godzilla till he was disoriented when the humans broke the Futurians mind control.

But back to Rodan, yeah I always felt Rodan got a pretty fair treatment in the Heisei film. He managed to fight Godzilla knocking him down and was presented as a credible threat, he injured Mechagodzilla's eye and got a big heroic sacrifice which was instrumental in Godzilla beating Super Mechagodzilla.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

godjacob wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:56 pm
Hey, Heisei Ghidorah has a lot going against him but he was on the verge of killing Godzilla till he was disoriented when the humans broke the Futurians mind control.

But back to Rodan, yeah I always felt Rodan got a pretty fair treatment in the Heisei film. He managed to fight Godzilla knocking him down and was presented as a credible threat, he injured Mechagodzilla's eye and got a big heroic sacrifice which was instrumental in Godzilla beating Super Mechagodzilla.
I still laugh that the Futurians thought Ghidorah could crush a creature that swam through the Earth's mantle to death.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

miguelnuva wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:00 pm

I still laugh that the Futurians thought Ghidorah could crush a creature that swam through the Earth's mantle to death.
I mean so did the JSDF when they watched it, and Godzilla's been known to tank military offensives yet falling off a cliff was enough to beat him multiple times in the past so XD who knows it might have

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Sorry to hear that, ironically the fanbase surrounding him would probably immediately disperse if he just showed up in a fucking movie already :lol:
miguelnuva wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:00 pm I still laugh that the Futurians thought Ghidorah could crush a creature that swam through the Earth's mantle to death.
I always saw the abilities of monsters being on a higher level than those of man-made weapons and sometimes even nature itself... like, we can throw the most powerful missiles at Godzilla and it wouldn't break his skin. But a little nibble from Destoroyah can pierce right through his flesh.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

I can't decide between the 91 and 94 version. I like the one on one idea for Bagan, but a return of the terrible trio would have been fun to see.
Last edited by edgaguirus on Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

godjacob wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:02 pm
miguelnuva wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:00 pm

I mean so did the JSDF when they watched it, and Godzilla's been known to tank military offensives yet falling off a cliff was enough to beat him multiple times in the past so XD who knows it might have
Showa Godzilla fell of cliffs and was either Ko'ed by the other monster or trapped by Mothra but I understand what you are saying.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image