GODZILLA VS. BIOLLANTE DVD/Blu-ray from Echo Bridge

For the discussion of Toho DVDs, Blu-Rays, CDs, streaming services, VHS, and other formats where Toho films and soundtracks can be found.
Tohosaurus
E.S.P.Spy

Re: Help get Biollante on R1 DVD 2.0

Post by Tohosaurus »

Goji wrote:I realize there hasn't been an official announcement yet, but think it's about time the topic of this thread was changed to "GODZILLA VS. BIOLLANTE coming soon to DVD/BD from Echo Bridge" so that people aren't blinding posting 'X company should try to get the rights'. I sincerely doubt we're getting trolled here. Mxg 744 seems very legit.
Yeah I say just "Godzilla vs Biollante DVD/Blu-Ray" and see what happens in the coming months.
고질라

한국, 일본: 친교

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Ian Maclaren

Gojira1963
Gotengo Officer

Post by Gojira1963 »

I see a lot of bootleg version of Godzilla Vs Biollante floating around. I was going to get one but I will hold off if it is going to get a legitimate release sometime soon (within the next year or two).
Liam F.

My science fiction/Fantasy blog. with Godzilla content! http://foleyfunfilmfacts.wordpress.com/

Crimson_Raptor
G-Force Personnel

Post by Crimson_Raptor »

KeizerKing81 wrote:I believe Biollante is in very capable hands with Echobridge/Miramax and let's keep it that way.
Why is that? Hasn't Miramax been sitting on the fence for far too long? Do we know if they have any history of releasing any giant monster dvds and in decent condition?
"Reach for the high apples first; you can get the low ones any time."

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

Dude, Echo Bridge entertainment have the rights to the film. They are prepping a DVD and Blu-ray release.
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

Crimson_Raptor- please feel free to take your time and look back at the last few pages of this thread. There is an employee from Echo Bridge who uses the screen name mxg744. He has been kind enought to provide us information on the progress of a proposed DVD/BRD release.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

KeizerKing81
Yojimbo

Post by KeizerKing81 »

Crimson_Raptor wrote:
KeizerKing81 wrote:I believe Biollante is in very capable hands with Echobridge/Miramax and let's keep it that way.
Why is that? Hasn't Miramax been sitting on the fence for far too long? Do we know if they have any history of releasing any giant monster dvds and in decent condition?
Since ownership of the Miramax library changed hands a couple of years ago, the plan was to release the entire library on DVD/Bluray. 500+ Miramax titles have been entrusted to Lionsgate for release while 200+ have been entrusted to Echobridge for release. Biollante happens to be in the group of titles that Echobridge has acquired and they're trying to put out a dvd/bluray release with the best materials available. If you travel back to page 24 of this thread.....and read from that point on.....it should catch you up to speed on what's going on with this release.

Also the last thing we want is for Media Blasters to touch something like this as the only thing they've managed to do is make Toho angry and almost bankrupt themselves in the process.

Starsteam
Keizer

Re: GODZILLA VS. BIOLLANTE Upcoming DVD/BD from Echo Bridge

Post by Starsteam »

So Echo Bridge has it, eh? Wonder how many multi-movie packs this one will get released on.

I only own one EB Blu-ray, which is Halloween H20 but the quality was decent and not as grainy as most of their DVDs. I'm not sure how good their GvBio release will be, but I'm rooting for it's release.

Crimson_Raptor
G-Force Personnel

Post by Crimson_Raptor »

Goji wrote:Dude, Echo Bridge entertainment have the rights to the film. They are prepping a DVD and Blu-ray release.
Dude, I was was going by what KeizerKing81 stated:
o.supreme wrote:feel free to take your time and look back at the last few pages of this thread.
Thank you for pointing that out, lol.
o.supreme wrote:There is an employee from Echo Bridge who uses the screen name mxg744.
Yes but, you never know. We can always be optimistic. No matter the case, the demand for this film is out the door and into the street and around the block. The last one to have that kind of demand was Destroy All Monsters but now that it has been released, not everyone who wanted one, got one (myself included as of this writing).
KeizerKing81 wrote:Also the last thing we want is for Media Blasters to touch something like this as the only thing they've managed to do is make Toho angry and almost bankrupt themselves in the process.
This seems to be the case with their Destroy All Monsters release, and why they aren't supporting any backorders.
"Reach for the high apples first; you can get the low ones any time."

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

Crimson_Raptor wrote:
o.supreme wrote:feel free to take your time and look back at the last few pages of this thread.
Thank you for pointing that out, lol.
If you read the last several pages, you will see that mxg (the employee from Echo Bridge) has explained, in detail, the materials they are working with. The release will satisfy 99.9% of you out there. Toho's HD master of BIOLLANTE is one of their best, so I don't think you have much to worry about at all.
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

goji1986
JXSDF Technician

Post by goji1986 »

starsteam wrote:So Echo Bridge has it, eh? Wonder how many multi-movie packs this one will get released on.

I only own one EB Blu-ray, which is Halloween H20 but the quality was decent and not as grainy as most of their DVDs. I'm not sure how good their GvBio release will be, but I'm rooting for it's release.
Seriously, dude, go back and read this thread. The guy from Echobridge is trying his best to make this a decent release and is listening to our input.
PM me for Godzilla versus The Sea Monster Titra Dub HD reconstruction! BLURAY-READY EDITION NOW AVAILABLE!
(Former V2.0 still available as well)
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5561

Godzilla vs The Smog Monster AIP Dub HD reconstruction COMPLETE!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=26132

Starsteam
Keizer

Post by Starsteam »

goji1986 wrote:
starsteam wrote:So Echo Bridge has it, eh? Wonder how many multi-movie packs this one will get released on.

Seriously, dude, go back and read this thread. The guy from Echobridge is trying his best to make this a decent release and is listening to our input.
And that's why I'm looking forward to this release. Someone who is working on this release is talking with the fans and seeing what they want from it. If more companies could do this then there would be so much less complaining.

mxg744
Yojimbo

Post by mxg744 »

HAHAHA, that makes me laugh. That is one of my least favorite things about our company and the state of retail B&M DVD sales, but if you look back in this thread I explained why we do it. Its a demand vs value proposition.

Also, sorry for going silent for so long guys, especially @Crimson_Raptor :) Life and the 4th of July holiday got in my way.

Ok, update... umm... nothing exciting. I am waiting for our HD master to make it through QC and final delivery at FotoKem. (The first clone didn't sync correctly with the english dub on first try, so they did a second attempt) I am waiting on approval for domestic use of the Toho bonus features from their Japanese BD, which it sounds like we may not get all of? but I am not sure on that part because Miramax is handling that and I have not been part of the communications on that.

I talked to Ed G and I am kind of waiting to see what we get from Toho for bonus features before I ask him for a lot of stuff because I don't want to end up with so much bonus material that some doesn't make it onto the disc. (I am trying to make sure the disc doesn't get too compressed as well)

Other news, it looks like the sales team may have it locked in for a late November or early December 2012 release. How do you like that? :p

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

Hey, progress is progress!! :-D

KeizerKing81
Yojimbo

Post by KeizerKing81 »

mxg744 wrote:
HAHAHA, that makes me laugh. That is one of my least favorite things about our company and the state of retail B&M DVD sales, but if you look back in this thread I explained why we do it. Its a demand vs value proposition.

Also, sorry for going silent for so long guys, especially @Crimson_Raptor :) Life and the 4th of July holiday got in my way.

Ok, update... umm... nothing exciting. I am waiting for our HD master to make it through QC and final delivery at FotoKem. (The first clone didn't sync correctly with the english dub on first try, so they did a second attempt) I am waiting on approval for domestic use of the Toho bonus features from their Japanese BD, which it sounds like we may not get all of? but I am not sure on that part because Miramax is handling that and I have not been part of the communications on that.

I talked to Ed G and I am kind of waiting to see what we get from Toho for bonus features before I ask him for a lot of stuff because I don't want to end up with so much bonus material that some doesn't make it onto the disc. (I am trying to make sure the disc doesn't get too compressed as well)

Other news, it looks like the sales team may have it locked in for a late November or early December 2012 release. How do you like that? :p

It will make for a great Christmas gift!!! Also, have you decided on a coverart for the case or is that still being worked out? Also, I'm guessing they synced the English audio correctly on the second attempt....right? Also, call me cautious, but be careful regarding the extras Ed supplies you with and make sure that Toho approves them before you put them on the disc....(I just don't want another Media Blasters type debacle on our hands... :D ). Again, thanks for all your efforts........can't wait for this release.

mxg744
Yojimbo

Post by mxg744 »

KeizerKing81 wrote:Also, have you decided on a coverart for the case or is that still being worked out?
Umm I'm afraid to show it to you guys... I'm hoping its getting revised now that I've convinced a couple people of the importance of this release.

It's here for now...

Please don't download it or repost it to large media outlets or something, I'm not sure what the policy is on leaking pre-release art.

tymon
Futurian

Post by tymon »

^I dig it, but would like it a lot more if the colors were changed around a bit.

Adding another "thank you" to the list, mxg744. Your communication with us is immensely appreciated - seems this will be a great release.
JAGzilla wrote:And then there was The Giant Condor. He...seemed very dedicated to what he was doing?

Emperor5353
Monsterland Worker

Post by Emperor5353 »

mxg744 wrote:
KeizerKing81 wrote:Also, have you decided on a coverart for the case or is that still being worked out?
Umm I'm afraid to show it to you guys... I'm hoping its getting revised now that I've convinced a couple people of the importance of this release.

It's here for now...

Please don't download it or repost it to large media outlets or something, I'm not sure what the policy is on leaking pre-release art.
Wow, I love that cover design..thanks for sharing!!

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

mxg744 wrote:Other news, it looks like the sales team may have it locked in for a late November or early December 2012 release. How do you like that? :p
Thanks mxg744. With all the wonderful information you gave us, I am in no way shape or form going to hold Echo Bridge to that approxamate time. You said "may" as in, not for sure, But its enough to keep fans here happy. Oh yes and as others have mentioned PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE... double, triple, and quadruple check all your extras with TOHO. Make them sign in blood that they aprove all extras. I want a mini cert of authenticity with my BRD as well :lol: (j/k on that last part...) But if you know anything of the Media Blasters debacle, you understand why so much caution.

Oh and dont worry about the BRD concept cover art link. I cant see it from work anyway. I'm sure whatever it islooks great. But just FYI... You can never go wrong with the original advance theatrical poster art (if Toho would approve it that is...)

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5122/535 ... 482eb8.jpg

Oh and at the risk of sounding overly anxious. I was wondering, if you would have any idea approxamately how much profit (in dollars or units sold) Echo Bridge would have to see from this release in order to warrant a viable interest in obtaining distribution rights to other Godzilla or Toho films?
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

omgitsgodzilla
E.S.P.Spy

Post by omgitsgodzilla »

Love that cover, though the "First time on DVD!" blurb would probably be better on the back.
RED MENACE
Projects YouTube Patreon

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

That cover art made my jaw drop. :lol:
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.