GODZILLA VS. BIOLLANTE DVD/Blu-ray from Echo Bridge

For the discussion of Toho DVDs, Blu-Rays, CDs, streaming services, VHS, and other formats where Toho films and soundtracks can be found.
gvamp
Xilien Halfling

GODZILLA VS. BIOLLANTE DVD/Blu-ray from Echo Bridge

Post by gvamp »

This is a continuation of the topic at the old TK however we're going to have to hold off because Disney sold off Miramax.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/31/busin ... +i3gYxUPiA

So as soon as I get the contact info for the "new Miramax" I'll post it here in the meantime here is the letter I created to send.
To Whom it May Concern:

Hello my name is Thomas R VanSlambrouck; I’m a huge fan of Godzilla and noticed you currently hold the rights to the film Godzilla vs. Biollante which your company released on VHS as well as Laser Disc and it was also shown on cable TV (Cinemax). I was wondering if you have any current plans to release the film on DVD or Blu-Ray as it’s one of my favorite Godzilla films as well as one of the most wanted Godzilla films to come out on DVD by Godzilla fans.

I’d also like to mention that companies like Sony and Classic Media have released several Godzilla titles over the past few years and they’ve seem to be selling well. In fact Classic Media’s release of Godzilla, back in September 2006 was very critically acclaimed that year and won several awards.

If so could you give an estimate on when you’d release the film? Also would it contain any bonus feature, possible a trailer or something would suffice?

Thank you:

Thomas R VanSlambrouck
As usually replace my name with yours and feel free to tweak it however you want. Though if the new buyer is smart they'd probably release it to conincide with LP G in 2012.
Proud owner of a Xbox Series X, Switch OLED and PS5.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.

Gigan X3
Futurian

Re: Help get Biollante on R1 DVD 2.0

Post by Gigan X3 »

Hope it works, this is my favorite G film of them All.
Chris55 wrote:
Biollante wrote:WHY DID THE TERMINATOR STEAL THE BIKER'S GLASSES IN TERMINATOR 2? IT SERVED NOOOOO PURPOSE, WHERE'S THE EXPOSITION?
He was going to kill the T1000 with SEXINESS

Hellblaze
JXSDF Technician

Post by Hellblaze »

I hope they will release GvB for R1 on DVD I would love to get it even though I have it on VHS but I will get it hopefully to see deleted scenes :o

g2kmaster
JXSDF Technician

Post by g2kmaster »

Unlike Sony, I think if this DVD is ever released I am sure it is just gonna be Japanese with subtitles and maybe one trailer. And that's all. Sony has some people behind the scenes that care and well, Disney/Miramax doesn't. Not like they care about most of their non-self produced titles anyway.

g2kmaster
JXSDF Technician

Post by g2kmaster »

Legion1979 wrote:
g2kmaster wrote:Unlike Sony, I think if this DVD is ever released I am sure it is just gonna be Japanese with subtitles and maybe one trailer.
And most of Sony's DVDs weren't exactly like that?
And that's all. Sony has some people behind the scenes that care and well, Disney/Miramax doesn't.
Guess you missed the announcement. Disney sold off Miramax to someone else.
G2K, GTokyoSOS, and GFW showed promise. Plus, with the re-releases, who knows. And as for the announcement, meh, something tells me this Miramax stuff isn't truly over with. If they did though, maybe it is for the better.

g2kmaster
JXSDF Technician

Post by g2kmaster »

Yes, the Icons set. I got a good feeling that maybe 3 of the films to be re-released (Heisei, Mothra trilogy, and G2K) will get commentaries, either subtitled Japanese commentaries or domesticaly-made ones from the Godziszewski/Ryfle duo along with a trailer. And again, I got a feeling this Miramax buisness is not over. Just a hunch.

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

Looks like Disney no longer owns Miramax

http://www.thewrap.com/movies/article/t ... amax-19647

Thanks to August for the original link
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

g2kmaster
JXSDF Technician

Post by g2kmaster »

Mike:
Difference, yes. But if it helps the product sell more, then why not. As for commentaries for the Mothra films, maybe just the first ROM film. One can sum up all three films in one commentary. And I don't think 3 commentaries is too much, as long as it is enough for the DVDs to sell once LPG starts getting into gear. I can see one for Gvs.KG, one for Gvs.D, and then one for ROM. G2K, IDK, maybe when they re-release that one they can do in the same fashion Classic Media did (ya know, two films on one disc, yada yada).

g2kmaster
JXSDF Technician

Post by g2kmaster »

Well, we'll just have to see.

As for a Gvs.B DVD, if so, good. A recent watching of my VHS copy pretty much shows that it is a nice tape and satisfies me just ifine. I wouldn't mind waiting 2 years. If it comes sooner and at the end of the year like you claim, good.

g2kmaster
JXSDF Technician

Post by g2kmaster »

I don't. I thought my post above showed I pretty much didn't take you seriously nor do I care.

silentjay
Ronin

Post by silentjay »

I would completely revamp that letter, as the trust that bought the library haven't released anything, and is only really suited to when Disney owned the library. They likely aren't going to release anything themselves, and will probably be selling off the titles to various other distributors. (As shown in their 1-year distribution deal with Disney.)

A better tactic is to show them that they've made a valuable investment, and that putting GvB on the list of titles for distribution and/or sale will be profitable on their end. If you can show numbers and/or press for the Classic Media and Sony release, with citations, the stronger your letter will be and more likely for them to take notice of. Remind them that there's a new big budget Godzilla movie on the way, a big summer blockbuster, and that it's being made by the folks behind 300 and The Dark Knight. Let them know that they now have the rights to a piece of that marketing pie, and that having it available on DVD when the hype machine starts up will guarantee them sales.

Give them a reason to take notice, and they will.

g2kmaster
JXSDF Technician

Post by g2kmaster »

Legion1979 wrote:
g2kmaster wrote:I don't. I thought my post above showed I pretty much didn't take you seriously nor do I care.
Then you didn't succeed. :lol:

I wasn't "claiming" anything. I was joking.
Whatever. I knew that one way or another, it was bs.

Really, all of this wait is just rediculous. If LPG doesn't do the job, then along with Miramax pointlessly wasting money on rights, we will never see it. And I think that is what's gonna happen. It's not gonna happen.

Malchik
EDF Instructor

Post by Malchik »

I love Legion1979. He's the bane to g2kmaster's existence.

g2kmaster
JXSDF Technician

Post by g2kmaster »

Nah, just my being on this forum. Oh well. I've learned from stuff from him so I can't complain too much.

Alzilla101307
Ronin

Post by Alzilla101307 »

If we got this by the end of the year that would be great!!! If not then hopefully it will come out around when G2012 is released

Legion1979 wrote:I have recently heard that Ron Tutor is a huge Godzilla fan. We should get Biollante on DVD and Blu-ray by the end of the year. ;)

Evan, I'll consider us lucky if we even get dual language, subtitled releases for the Heisei films. I don't think these are going to be films Sony will think warrant commentaries or any other special features.

GodzillaXGomoraFight
Gotengo Officer

Post by GodzillaXGomoraFight »

If it were on R1 DVD, I would have at least one version of every Godzilla film except for Godzilla Vs. Megaguirus, in which I am no fan of.

KaijuMaster
Samurai

Post by KaijuMaster »

It is only available through a fairly descent Region 3 with english subs...
“He (Godzilla) would be twisted and mutated by it, into a rampaging uncontainable force; the A-bomb made flesh.”

Ishiro's Honda conception for Gojira.

Rockzilla
Interpol Agent

Post by Rockzilla »

I might sound redundant here, but maybe just maybe when the Godzilla reboot comes out this will finally get released on DVD and BD as well.

I kinda hope it falls through the cracks and gets into Sony's hands though. At least Sony actually releases stuff.

KaijuMaster
Samurai

Post by KaijuMaster »

Rockzilla wrote:I might sound redundant here, but maybe just maybe when the Godzilla reboot comes out this will finally get released on DVD and BD as well.

I kinda hope it falls through the cracks and gets into Sony's hands though. At least Sony actually releases stuff.
I'd prefer a classic media release...
“He (Godzilla) would be twisted and mutated by it, into a rampaging uncontainable force; the A-bomb made flesh.”

Ishiro's Honda conception for Gojira.

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

Yeah, but Classic Media isn't going to be picking up any more G films. So don't hold your breath.

Apparently, CM was all butt hurt because their Godzilla releases weren't selling as well as they had hoped. I mean, they're Godzilla films, I don't know what they were expecting..
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.