GODZILLA VS. BIOLLANTE DVD/Blu-ray from Echo Bridge

For the discussion of Toho DVDs, Blu-Rays, CDs, streaming services, VHS, and other formats where Toho films and soundtracks can be found.
Gojira-Fan
Gotengo Officer

Re: GODZILLA VS. BIOLLANTE Upcoming DVD/BD from Echo Bridge

Post by Gojira-Fan »

mxg744 wrote:
Please don't download it or repost it to large media outlets or something, I'm not sure what the policy is on leaking pre-release art.
UnCanny Studios wrote:I'm digging the cover art. Can't wait to own this!

Little bit more info here:

http://skreeonk.com/2012/07/12/godzilla ... o-deliver/
UnCanny, I'm not sure if you saw what he posted, but I think you should probably take that DVD cover art down unless you got the okay from Miramax, Echo Bridge ect.

SG-17
G-Force Personnel

Post by SG-17 »

So is it just DVD or is it blu-ray as well?

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Hammer Films? Echo Bridge? I think you're thinking of Anchor Bay Home Video.

Tamura
EDF Instructor

Post by Tamura »

GodzFire wrote:
Proofpoochie wrote:Echo Bridge.....meh. I'll keep my Japanese import Blu-ray.
Wow, I never knew there was a Region 1 Japanese import that featured the English dub! Throw me a link.........
Wut

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

mxg744 wrote:It's here for now...

Please don't download it or repost it to large media outlets or something, I'm not sure what the policy is on leaking pre-release art.
Well, darn. On one hand, I really like it, mxg. The shot of Godzilla is great, I like the overall color scheme and I love that they used the original "GODZILLA VS. BIOLLANTE" title from the VHS case. But I really don't like how Biollante is just shoved down into the bottom like that (kinda reminds me of the case for Godzilla Unleashed). While Godzilla is the star of the film, the cover should feature both monsters equally and especially give an impression of Biollante's giant size, so someone seeing the front of the case will go "Whoa, how's Godzilla gonna beat that?" I'd hate to tell you to just recycle the VHS cover, but o.supreme is right, the original artwork poster is pretty classic.

Little bit more info here:

http://skreeonk.com/2012/07/12/godzilla ... o-deliver/
...Dude, really? Come on.
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

Tamura
EDF Instructor

Post by Tamura »

^ Who didn't expect that to happen?

Starsteam
Keizer

Post by Starsteam »

I like the DVD art, but it makes Biollante look like some crocodile with snakes around it coming out of the water.

mxg744
Yojimbo

Post by mxg744 »

Tamura wrote:^ Who didn't expect that to happen?
I did. I thought I had found a bastion of safety on the internet here in TK, you guys have been really nice, understanding, patient, appreciative, and respectful. I admit I had planned on taking down the link after a short period for safety, but I was momentarily blinded by the positive response it was getting so I forgot to take it down. Now that it has been downloaded and reposted several times, there's no point in removing the original.
@UnCanny Thanks, I'll let the designer know that you appreciate his work! Can you please direct readers of your blog to this forum, or give this forum credit for the news you are reporting?

I have been reprimanded twice today because this information spread so quickly. I worked through it with our marketing team and I am not fired :) but it wasn't fun either.

Thank you to those who respected my request and didn't repost the image. To those who didn't, its ok, its in the past, I'll be more careful from now on.
Manda2012 wrote:Hammer Films? Echo Bridge? I think you're thinking of Anchor Bay Home Video.
Actually, we did some releases ages ago, under the name Platinum Disc that were pretty cool discs :P

Master-Spiff
Samurai

Post by Master-Spiff »

mxg744 wrote: It's here for now...

Looks a bit campy... but so is the movie. Overall, I like it. Glad to know that this movie is not only getting released on DVD, but Blu-Ray as well... hopefully, it'll turn out a lot better than Godzilla vs. Megalon... 8-)

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

mxg744 wrote:
Tamura wrote:^ Who didn't expect that to happen?
I did. I thought I had found a bastion of safety on the internet here in TK, you guys have been really nice, understanding, patient, appreciative, and respectful. I admit I had planned on taking down the link after a short period for safety, but I was momentarily blinded by the positive response it was getting so I forgot to take it down. Now that it has been downloaded and reposted several times, there's no point in removing the original.
I did too. Silly Me. I tried to resolve it quietly frantically sending PM's, Alas it didn't work. I've already sent my apologies. You are a consumate professional mxg744. In an attempt to add humor to the situation, I can only call to mind Chris Farley's scene from Tommy Boy, in the restaurant where he destroys a dinner roll like "Jo-Jo the Indian Circus Boy", thats how some fans can get sometimes. Better always to err on the side of caution, and give us only what wont get you in trouble, and ultimately kill the project altogether.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

Tamura
EDF Instructor

Post by Tamura »

I had forgotten how quickly news spreads in this fandom. Can't even begin to imagine would have happened if I spilled the beans about Criterion's GODZILLLA last July!

But yeah, I really dig the cover art, too. It's cool that the movie's English logo was used.
Last edited by Tamura on Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Gojira-Fan
Gotengo Officer

Post by Gojira-Fan »

mxg744 wrote:
I have been reprimanded twice today because this information spread so quickly. I worked through it with our marketing team and I am not fired :) but it wasn't fun either.
I'm glad you didn't get fired. I really like what you have been doing by interacting with the fandom. Not a lot of companies do this.

I admit, I wasn't really looking forward to this release when I heard that Echo Bridge was releasing it, but now it seems like it is going to be a good release. I'm looking forward to it (Godzilla vs. Biollante is one of my favorite Godzilla movies).

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

Tamura wrote:I had forgotten how quickly news spreads in this fandom. Can't even begin to imagine would have happened if I spilled the beans about Criterion's GODZILLLA last July!
Best Case: You would have scooped August Ragone by a month

Worst Case: We woud not have the wonderful DVD/BRD we have now. --If you were privy to this knowledge, then I applaud you for keeping it on the "down low" until it was safe/legal to reveal.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

mxg744
Yojimbo

Post by mxg744 »

Sleuthing and the help of @o.supreme, we have found the source of the leak :p that was fun....

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater

bananaoil
G-Force Personnel

Post by bananaoil »

Let me get this straight...

You posted an image your company didn't want you to post on the Internet, the very same Internet that affords its users self entitled anonymity and fosters the exchange of information, legal or otherwise, and you honestly expected that no one would take it and run with it? I'm glad you weren't fired, but you only have yourself to blame.

Then again, entertainment companies leak information all the time to test the waters. :roll:
Daikaiju is better with rainbows!!!

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

bananaoil wrote:self entitled anonymity
^ That right there, is the problem. Everyone just wants to see if they can do something, nobody ever stops to think if they should.

I understand that the Internet is probably one of the worst places to make a defense for confidential talk, and I'm sure he wont make the same error again, which of course means we lose. But what ever happened to things like decency? Respect? I for one like to be on the inside of all the neat little details of a project like this. As an example- in May 2011, I attended BotCon (The annual Transformers convention) in Pasadena CA. Matt Frank was there. I had a lengthy discussion with him about Transformers & Godzilla. The discussion eventually lead to him revealing to me on his smart phone a piece he had been working on featuring Destoroyah. This would eventually become the cover of the Godzilla Legends #1 variant released in November, but he asked that I not discuss it with anyone. I didn't have the photo, but I chose not to even post a description to anyone until I saw the pic on the internet probably a month or so later. Even if by some miracle he had given me the pic, I would not have posted it anywhere, but I guess thats just me. But this is a rare example. I'm not nearly as well connected as I used to be, just a Jo Shmo board member. I guess this is why we cant have nice things.

UnCanny Studios
G-Force Personnel

Post by UnCanny Studios »

TitanoGoji16 wrote: ...Dude, really? Come on.
I received the image and info on Facebook, completely separate from these boards. It was out of context for me and everyone else who received it. Just thought I'd share.

I'll take the article down now that I know whats up, but don't go making assumptions. If this is going to get anyone in trouble, it shouldn't have been leaked in the first place.
Goji-Fan wrote: UnCanny, I'm not sure if you saw what he posted, but I think you should probably take that DVD cover art down unless you got the okay from Miramax, Echo Bridge ect.
I appreciate the heads up, and like you've stated I didn't see anything that would lead me to not post the image.

For future reference, this sort of thing is not a good idea. I received this image and info from several sources on and off Facebook without mention of holding it back or keeping it private. The internet is faceless, and there are no consequences. If something is going to get you in trouble, just hold off entirely.
GLENN AMER doesn't battle, he just allows you to Lose.

http://skreeonk.com - The Kaiju Fan Network! Check out the KAIJU FAN MARKETPLACE! Still going strong! Buy, sell, and list with other kaiju fans for free! Buy stuff!

Gojira-Fan
Gotengo Officer

Post by Gojira-Fan »

^ I hope you didn't view what I said as aggressive. I just didn't want mxg744 getting in trouble.

Giga Kaiju
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Giga Kaiju »

Fanmade sure...but it looks cool.[/quote]

That poster looks great.

Where did you find it?[/quote]

Well i found it here: http://www.chud.com/56970/chud-poster-g ... biollante/

There is more "Minimalist" posters of other movies if you look enough... ;)

Also the cover of BIOLLANTE is in other forum/s. Hope mxg744 doesnt get in trouble,
Not after telling us so much about the progress of its release here.
UNSTOPPABLE FURY. UNTHINKABLE POWER. UNBREAKABLE WILL.
tymon wrote:Man, it really makes me laugh when I remember that all this drama is centered around a fictional, giant atomic monster. Damn you, Godzilla!
Gawdziller wrote:Doesn't matter what's moot or not. We'll just move onto the next thing to bitch about, then tangent onto something unrelated and bitch about that, and get trollbaited back on topic so we can bitch some more. It's the circle of life.

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

Proofpoochie wrote:Echo Bridge.....meh. I'll keep my Japanese import Blu-ray.
Nice job posting that where someone who works for EB is reading.....
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....