"Godzilla vs. The Cosmic Monster" currently streaming on Amazon Prime.

For the discussion of Toho DVDs, Blu-Rays, CDs, streaming services, VHS, and other formats where Toho films and soundtracks can be found.
Crazy Jim Films
Monarch Researcher

"Godzilla vs. The Cosmic Monster" currently streaming on Amazon Prime.

Post by Crazy Jim Films »

Was surfing through Amazon Prime the other night looking for something to watch and was surprised to come across this. Only watched a few minutes out of curiosity but it did contain both the Cinema Shares logo at the front and the "Cosmic Monster" title card. Anyone else notice this one?
Check out the PG version of my short film, "Destroy All Sisters".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNVCmLaqznA&t=1s

goji1986
JXSDF Technician

Re: "Godzilla vs. The Cosmic Monster" currently streaming on Amazon Prime.

Post by goji1986 »

Just looked it up, and yeah it’s there. But judging from the fact that it’s titled “Godzilla Vs. Cosmic Monster” and the follow up is called “Revenge of Mechagodzilla” with the clip show prologue - not to mention the print for the former is in the wrong aspect ratio - I’d say these are boots. Prime is notorious for allowing these, but knowing Toho they’ll be gone soon.
PM me for Godzilla versus The Sea Monster Titra Dub HD reconstruction! BLURAY-READY EDITION NOW AVAILABLE!
(Former V2.0 still available as well)
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5561

Godzilla vs The Smog Monster AIP Dub HD reconstruction COMPLETE!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=26132

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

It’s a fan made reconstruction.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

I've seen pirated dvd's on Amazon, but never pirated streaming...that is interesting.

Speaking of which. I have "On Monster Island" with the CS logo opening, but not Megalon or Cosmic Monster...if anyone can PM me a link where those may be online (other than the afore mentioned Amazon Prime), that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

Crazy Jim Films
Monarch Researcher

Post by Crazy Jim Films »

o.supreme wrote:I've seen pirated dvd's on Amazon, but never pirated streaming...that is interesting.
Me neither. That is why it caught my attention. I thought maybe someone had the rights to the Cinema Shares version but even that struck me as a little weird given how much Toho has been tightening up their restrictions on this sort of thing as of late. Looking at the cheap fan made poster art and with Goji bringing the other retitled TOMG to my attention, it is likely that these are probably unauthorized but am surprised it made through. Figured this would be as good a place as any to get some answers on this.
Check out the PG version of my short film, "Destroy All Sisters".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNVCmLaqznA&t=1s

goji1986
JXSDF Technician

Post by goji1986 »

It’s a problem with Amazon in general.

https://filmschoolrejects.com/one-cut-o ... y-problem/
PM me for Godzilla versus The Sea Monster Titra Dub HD reconstruction! BLURAY-READY EDITION NOW AVAILABLE!

Zillamon51
GPN Volunteer

Post by Zillamon51 »

This happens a lot w/ older genre films on Prime.

Dogora is on there, too. Poor quality (pixelated), and blown up from 2.35:1 to full 16:9, despite the "Toho Scope" logo at the beginning.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

goji1986 wrote:Just looked it up, and yeah it’s there. But judging from the fact that it’s titled “Godzilla Vs. Cosmic Monster” and the follow up is called “Revenge of Mechagodzilla” with the clip show prologue - not to mention the print for the former is in the wrong aspect ratio - I’d say these are boots. Prime is notorious for allowing these, but knowing Toho they’ll be gone soon.
Are you saying that Terror of Mechagodzilla was also known as Revenge of Mechagodzilla in the U.S. as well as The Terror of Godzilla? Can you please show me an image of this? Were there, or are there, any existing prints with this title? Which title came first, The Terror of Godzilla or Revenge of Mechagodzilla?

I remember seeing this title mentioned in Fangoria #1 in the Godzilla cover article, but thought nothing of it again until now.

I'd like to know so I can possibly add it to the additions and corrections list I made on the Discussion: Main Site Updates section so someone can put it in.

Thanks!
Last edited by mikelcho on Thu May 28, 2020 10:59 am, edited 10 times in total.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

It was never released as "Revenge of Mechagodzilla" in any English speaking territories. goji1986 is saying that the Amazon listing uses that title but the movie itself is the TV version with the prologue, which was always called Terror of Mechagodzilla.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

goji1986
JXSDF Technician

Post by goji1986 »

Terasawa wrote:It was never released as "Revenge of Mechagodzilla" in any English speaking territories. goji1986 is saying that the Amazon listing uses that title but the movie itself is the TV version with the prologue, which was always called Terror of Mechagodzilla.
Correct.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Terasawa wrote:It was never released as "Revenge of Mechagodzilla" in any English speaking territories. goji1986 is saying that the Amazon listing uses that title but the movie itself is the TV version with the prologue, which was always called Terror of Mechagodzilla.
Thanks for clearing that up!
Last edited by mikelcho on Thu May 28, 2020 4:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.