Battle in Outer Space Blu Ray!

For the discussion of Toho DVDs, Blu-Rays, CDs, streaming services, VHS, and other formats where Toho films and soundtracks can be found.
canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Re: Battle in Outer Space Blu Ray!

Post by canofhumdingers »

Thanks. Oof, for that price I think I’ll pass. Having the Japanese title card isn’t worth an extra $20...

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

canofhumdingers wrote:Thanks. Oof, for that price I think I’ll pass. Having the Japanese title card isn’t worth an extra $20...
I could link you to a bootleg site I know of that uses the German transfer for its own release, but I'm not sure if you're comfortable with them/willing to pay about $28 shipped for it.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

I appreciate it but I’m not that desperate. I’ve got the dvd already and will probably get the official Blu-ray at some point if I catch it on sale or something. I’m not opposed to bootlegs and such, but I will only seek them out if there’s something significant that’s not officially available either domestically or thru import. I won’t go the bootleg route just because it’s cheaper.

Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Kaiju no Kami »

Frankly, I don't understand people paying for bootlegs when they can just download the thing for free.

omgitsgodzilla
E.S.P.Spy

Post by omgitsgodzilla »

Certainly looks like it. Cover mentions Columbia, "Krieg im Weltenraum" means "War in Space" (literally, "world-room"), plus the URL has the title in English anyway.
RED MENACE
Projects YouTube Patreon

Joseph Goodman
Monarch Researcher

Post by Joseph Goodman »

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

Can't believe I'm just now hearing about this. And I'm definitely skipping after all these shitty reviews.
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Well, I'm going to get it as soon as I can, warts and all. Of course, I'll just have to do it off of eBay again.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Well, I got it! Now all I have to do is watch it.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

There's a standard-def mkv file with a subtitle (not dubtitle) track available online for those that would prefer to watch that way.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Well, I watched it last night and it was pretty good.

The only things that I noticed were off was the subtitles were sometimes out of sync with the dialogue (especially with the English-speaking lines) and the same English-speaking lines were either muted so much that you couldn't hear them or were completely unintelligible.
Last edited by mikelcho on Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:00 pm, edited 4 times in total.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Comparing this Blu-ray that I've got now to the one that's a double feature with The H-Man, which do you guys and gals think is the better of the two?

I'd like an honest opinion here so that I know whether to get it or not (although, if you ask me, I'd have preferred them to be separate releases).
Last edited by mikelcho on Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

mikelcho wrote:Comparing this Blu-ray that I've got now to the one that's a double feature with The H-Man, which do you guys and gals think is the better of the two?

I'd like an honest opinion here so that I know whether to get it or not (although, if you ask me, I'd have preferred them to be separate releases).
The double pack isn't out yet so I'm not sure how you think anyone could compare them.

goji1986
JXSDF Technician

Post by goji1986 »

UltramanGoji wrote:
mikelcho wrote:Comparing this Blu-ray that I've got now to the one that's a double feature with The H-Man, which do you guys and gals think is the better of the two?

The double pack isn't out yet so I'm not sure how you think anyone could compare them.
Also, you’re guaranteed to pay half the price of the Sony Blu-ray for twice the content. Even if the BIOS disc is a carbon copy
PM me for Godzilla versus The Sea Monster Titra Dub HD reconstruction! BLURAY-READY EDITION NOW AVAILABLE!
(Former V2.0 still available as well)
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5561

Godzilla vs The Smog Monster AIP Dub HD reconstruction COMPLETE!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=26132

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

All right then, we'll just wait until it comes out and then we'll make the comparisons. That's fair, isn't it?