TRANSFORMERS: The Thread

General discussion for all non-Toho, non-Kaiju collectibles!
DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Re: TRANSFORMERS: The Thread

Post by DirektorSplennic »

Anguirus has become the very thing he swore to destroy.

Gomi: Ninja Monster
G-Force Personnel

Post by Gomi: Ninja Monster »

DirektorSplennic wrote:Anguirus has become the very thing he swore to destroy.
Has he though? Come to think of it, outside of alien mind control, has Anguirus ever intentionally destroyed a building in the movies?

Back to the Transformers crossover though, if the Kaiju were the ones transforming they should definitely stay in the ~50 meter range so they can still conceivably have vehicle alt-modes. A battleship would suit Godzilla well, I just envisioned a really cool sequence where he transforms in the middle of a city street to unleash a full a cannon barrage before changing back to lunge at his opponent.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Just had Topspin come in from BBTS, meaning I finally have all 3 Wreckers from the cinematic classic of a generation, Transformers: Dark of the Moon!
I've been waiting to crack the other two for him to arrive. Studio Series is a blessing.
I also caved earlier this summer and grabbed a (relatively) inexpensive Que/Wheeljack mechtech boi.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

First wave of the Transformers the Movie Studio Series figures have been revealed. Hot Rod, Blurr, Kupp, Jazz, Scourge, and Grimlock w/mini Wheelie.

Added in 1 hour 14 minutes 21 seconds:
https://tformers.com/transformers-studi ... /news.html
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

G-Force Personnel

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:First wave of the Transformers the Movie Studio Series figures have been revealed. Hot Rod, Blurr, Kupp, Jazz, Scourge, and Grimlock w/mini Wheelie.

Added in 1 hour 14 minutes 21 seconds:
https://tformers.com/transformers-studi ... /news.html
Oh heck yes, Gimme that Grimlock.

GojiDog
G-Grasper

Post by GojiDog »

That Grimlock looks so awesome, not even Wheelie can ruin it!
White Male Genocide is necessary.

Kill all white men.

G-Force Personnel

GojiDog wrote:That Grimlock looks so awesome, not even Wheelie can ruin it!
...I liked Wheelie in that movie... :(

Added in 22 minutes 34 seconds:
What I don't like is how little articulation there appears to be on that Wheelie. Like Come on, not even knees?

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

The Wheelie’s getting chucked onto eBay with me. I have the Titans Return one, no need for this action master-lite.

G-Force Personnel

I'd forgotten this was coming out, and Oh. Oh jeez...

I don't think I could ever justify purchasing this, but oh man, I really want to.

For the sculpt and articulation primarily, of course.
Last edited by Gomi: Ninja Monster on Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

G-Force Personnel

Here, something more safe for work (and my wallet) to talk about, the same guy recently completed his reviews on the '86 Studio Series figures.
Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... mQMXmWpbJh

and the one I'll actually buy... eventually:

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

My biggest complaint about Grimmy is that he's almost too detailed. Would have preferred a bit more subtle detailing to match the animation model.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

godzilla98rules
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla98rules »

Just when I thought I was done with buying Transformers for a while, they pull me back in again...
godzilla98rules's Digital Paintings & More: http://godzilla98artworks.weebly.com/index.html
GeekyAustin: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQloD4 ... EJpzdZq3ag

Resized Image Resized Image

R.I.P. George Root III

G-Force Personnel

Finally took some pictures of the new Kingdom Blackarachnia and Paleotrex.
I know the Weaponizer/Fossilizer format of partsformer might rub some people the wrong way, but messing around with Paleotrex has been some of the most fun I've had with a Transformer, almost gives me Bionicle vibes and it's great. Definitely picking up the rest of the Fossilizers and maybe even a few doubles or triples if I see 'em on sale, lot of really sweet combo models online using two or more of the same figure.
Fortunately I was spared any QC issues, but I do feel I need to put out a warning about Blackarachnia's claws/hands. They are incredibly thin (comparison to the thickness of a quarter and penny above), and if you're not really careful about where you apply pressure during transformation (like idiot me the first attempt) the tips snap off real easily. I fixed the right hand with some super glue, but I definitely recommend an extra dose of caution.

Diablos
Ronin

Post by Diablos »

Went to Target to get some other stuff and checked the toy isle for kingdom Beast Wars stuff. Only thing there was Optimus Primal, so I got him.

Getting the cons out of the way first: The instructions aren't great, some of the joints are very tight (Most notably the lower knee joints), and there is some paint scratching out of the box on the legs. Also no jets in robot mode.

Otherwise, this is a phenomenal rendition of Optimus Primal. The gorilla mode looks good enough, the robot mode looks amazing. I love how all the weapons (Other the toy-only skull mace) are included. And despite my worries about tight joints, the toy feels like a very hefty and high-quality chunk of plastic. I was actually shocked how by how heavy he is in hand.

G-Force Personnel

Diablos wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:28 pm Went to Target to get some other stuff and checked the toy isle for kingdom Beast Wars stuff. Only thing there was Optimus Primal, so I got him.

Getting the cons out of the way first: The instructions aren't great, some of the joints are very tight (Most notably the lower knee joints), and there is some paint scratching out of the box on the legs. Also no jets in robot mode.

Otherwise, this is a phenomenal rendition of Optimus Primal. The gorilla mode looks good enough, the robot mode looks amazing. I love how all the weapons (Other the toy-only skull mace) are included. And despite my worries about tight joints, the toy feels like a very hefty and high-quality chunk of plastic. I was actually shocked how by how heavy he is in hand.
Might want to do a double take at Paleotrex's head then, particularly in that third pic I took.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Diablos wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:28 pm The instructions aren't great
TF instructions suck nowadays in general
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

G-Force Personnel

YEP, Studio Series 86 Grimlock is everything I was hoping he'd be, and despite his crucial shortcomings Wheelie is still nice to have. I do agree there's a lot more detail than was ever in any of the animation models, but it doesn't bother me at all and makes the price tag feel more earned, as otherwise that would be a lot of flat plastic.
Even better than how good Grimlock is, according to all the leaks and rumors they'll be doing the rest of the Dinobots in this size class too(well except Swoop, he'll be smaller but duh), which I am very excited for.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

This is likely gonna be the future moving forward. Truly revolutionary.

NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Post by NSZ »

5,000+ components, 60 microchips, 27 servo motors?

That's an awful lot of opportunity for something critically important to break and brick the entire thing.
"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."

"No one takes the Tank Police seriously anymore!"

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Jesus, I don't even like paying over 20 dollars for a Transformer. That's the craziest shit I've seen in a minute though.