Favorite Episodes of the Franchise

For the discussion of any Ultraman related shows, movies, comics, video games, etc.
Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Favorite Episodes of the Franchise

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

A simple thread and a topic I myself have to think about for a little bit, what are your favorite episodes of this gigantic franchise?

Some that come to mind for me:

The episodes of the original Ultraman that feature Neronga and Geronimon, the Gudon and Twin Tail episodes of Jack, the Dinosaur Tank episode of Ultraseven, the Silvagon episode of Tiga, etc. Still really have to think about others, however.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Re: Favorite Episodes of the Franchise

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Hmmm. I haven't watched much of the franchise yet but I do have my favorites of each series.

By order of viewing:
ULTRAMAN (2019 anime): Ace Killer, A Real Ultraman
Ultraman Leo: Ultra Brothers, Eternal Vows
Ultraman: Don't Shoot! Arashi
Ultraman Z (so far): What Must Be Defended

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

The Targeted Town
Ambassador of the Nonmalt
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

One for each show from 1966 - 1995:

Ultra Q: The 1/8 Project

Ultraman: The Monster Graveyard

UltraSeven: The Targeted Town

Return of Ultraman: Atrocious! Light Monster Priz-Ma

Ultraman Ace: Monster vs. Choju vs. Alien/Life of the Sun, Life of Ace

Ultraman Taro: 5 Seconds Before the Great Explosion on the Land of Ultra!/The Last Day of the Six Ultra Brothers!

Ultraman Leo: Showdown! The Leo Brothers vs. The Ultra Brothers/The Leo Brothers, The Ultra Brothers, The Moment of Victory

The ☆ Ultraman: The Flying Monster Island!

Ultraman 80: Streets of Illusion

Ultraman Towards the Future: Tourists from the Stars

Ultraman: The Ultimate Hero: Falling Stars Spell Trouble/The Final Showdown?

Once I revisit most Heisei shows, I'll add more, albeit that will be a while from now.
Last edited by MaxRebo320 on Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Too hard for just one from each series.

Ultraman: The Lawless Monster Zone. Lots of monsters and Science Patrol got to shine plenty. I sort of miss the days when an Ultra got times got to easily curb stomp a monster like his fight with Red King. My Home is Earth of course. Gift From The Sky, I really appreciate it breaking from formula with lots of humor. And of course The Monster Prince two parter.

Ultraseven: The Secret of the Lake, Android Zero Directive, The Targeted Town, Showdown at -140 Degrees, The 700-Kilometer Dash, The Devil in the Flower and The Ultimate Invasion 2 parter.

Return of Ultraman: Two Giant Monsters Attack Tokyo two parter, Terror of the Tsunami Monsters - Tokyo's Big Pinch also two parter, Go to Hell with This One Blow!, In Between a Devil and an Angel and of course...The Boy and the Monster Master.

Ultraman Ace: 30 000 Year Choju Appears, Giant Ant Choju vs. Utra Brothers, Pursue the Mystery of the Transformation Choju, Lend Me the Pigeon, Yapool, Demon of Revenge. Haven't finished this one I admit.

Just doing a post for the Showa stuff I've seen so far.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Now that I've seen just a bit more, lemme update my original list.

ULTRAMAN (2019): A Real Ultraman
Ultraman: Don't Shoot! Arashi
Ultraman Great: Blast to the Past
Ultraman Powered: Falling Stars Spell Trouble
Ultraman Z: D4

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

I love Shoot the Invaders! for how bizzare the 4th wall aspect is.
Demons Rise Again has a special place for the way the city sets were shot. It really made me realize I loved Ultraman for how it seemed Tsuburaya's team got to experiment much more than the Toho kaiju pictures.
I can't remember which episode of Return of Ultraman it was, but either Jiro or his friend was shooting his own little toku flick with Godzilla toys, and fuck me if that just doesn't hit home.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.