The Gorilla Whale Hub

A place to play and organize role playing games on the forums with others. "Mafia" games welcome.
Dr. Carter
Monarch Researcher

Re: The Gorilla Whale Hub

Post by Dr. Carter »

I wonder how mine would fit in this new direction, if any of them would?.. Needless to say, with just one Godzilla for sure now, that'll be claimed by 165 as usual, yes? I mean, if Walterrus and Byakkan can't fit in, I would be fine with just Draborgman. I've been doing some work on his background and his race on the back burner anyways. Would allow me to focus much more on him without worrying about those others. Of course, I'm jumping a wee bit ahead here. ^^;

I also wonder how Mothra would be handled?..

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

Well, Walterrus and Byakkan have always had a mystical aura about them from the beginning; I couldn't see why they wouldn't fit.

But yes, dibs on Godzilla!

#BotM

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Not gonna lie, i hope sometime in the story Ghidorah comes to Skull Island..and then just goes all Frieza and decides to destroy it, and Kong, Pagos (yeah Pagos lives on Skull Island here. He and Kong's origins are very interwined) and whoever else has a certain matter of time before it goes under!
Last edited by Gigantis on Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Dr. Carter wrote:I wonder how mine would fit in this new direction, if any of them would?.. Needless to say, with just one Godzilla for sure now, that'll be claimed by 165 as usual, yes? I mean, if Walterrus and Byakkan can't fit in, I would be fine with just Draborgman. I've been doing some work on his background and his race on the back burner anyways. Would allow me to focus much more on him without worrying about those others. Of course, I'm jumping a wee bit ahead here. ^^;

I also wonder how Mothra would be handled?..
I see no reason Walterrus and Byakkan couldn't be made to fit. IIRC, Walt was an ancient Alpha kaiju in the Monsterverse-style story you had going last time, wasn't he? This world isn't much different, we'd just have to replace Legendary's magic 'radiation' with Mana and switch around some time frames, since real-world geologic time didn't happen in this setting. And Byakkan was a human turned into a tiger by magic, which could work fine here given that ancient humanity did create some kaiju of their own. As far as the nuclear angle goes, see the earlier conversation about Godzilla. And Mothra fits right in with whatever, she's simple to tweak and modify. A hybrid of RoM and Legendary might be most appropriate for this setting, but all kinds of things can go.

One thing to consider is that I'm thinking the kaiju (or at least the original, natural ones) can reshape the environment around themselves, but those ancient environments have deteriorated with the kaiju out of the picture. So, to make up an example that doesn't have to exist in game, let's say Kong once resided in the North American Pacific Northwest. In that time, he forged unimaginably huge mountain ranges and forests of kaiju-scale trees a thousand feet tall or more, filled with creatures similar to him in some way. Now, the mountains have eroded down to what we have today, sad foothills by comparison. The sequoias and redwoods are all that's left of his forests, and they might as well be saplings. Maybe a handful of Sasquatches remain, barely clinging to existence, or maybe even out of phase with reality. Kong will want to restore his kingdom once he is revived, and it might somehow play into Ghidorah's defeat.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

So what about other alien races? Because i was thinking..since the Exif love to travel around the universe and summon their deity across other planets, what if one race survived, realized the true intentions, and then fled to other planets to warn others about a possible Exif invasion? I think the Mysterians could fit this role well!
Last edited by Gigantis on Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

tyrantgoji wrote:So what about other alien races? Because i was thinking..since the Exif love to travel around the universe and summon their deity across other planets, what if one race survived, realized the true intentions, and then fled to other planets to warn others about a possible Exif invasion? I think the Mysterians could fit this role well!
I agree. Maybe, the Exif caused their radiation problems.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Cryptid_Liker wrote:
tyrantgoji wrote:So what about other alien races? Because i was thinking..since the Exif love to travel around the universe and summon their deity across other planets, what if one race survived, realized the true intentions, and then fled to other planets to warn others about a possible Exif invasion? I think the Mysterians could fit this role well!
I agree. Maybe, the Exif caused their radiation problems.
Oh right they had radiation issues! Yeah i can see that, maybe Ghidorah infected them with some terrifying cosmic rays or something.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

So what's a timeframe for when we're starting? I really want to do this lol
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Beast Blood
G-Force Personnel

Post by Beast Blood »

I think they're waiting for BotM and/or THM to chill a bit.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Breakdown wrote:So what's a timeframe for when we're starting? I really want to do this lol
What Beast Blood said. We need to give the current games time to run their course. BOTM's been killed young several times, now, so if it's going strong, I don't want to sabotage it.

Anyway, our story for this game needs to be fleshed out a lot more before we launch. I want a tight, focused idea of what we're going to do. I have maybe a third of the puzzle at this point, so we're going to need ideas. Human characters need to be fleshed out and have a clear direction to move in. I'm currently leaning toward playing as Yuri Tachibana (modified for the setting, of course), who will start out investigating mysterious goings on and end up stumbling into breaking open the Exif conspiracy and helping to restore the kaiju.

Also, to clarify, I'm thinking this is a world where kaiju have little to no presence. They're in hibernation, and if any have been active prior to the game's start, the general public probably isn't aware. I guess there also isn't a G-Force or any serious kaiju organization like that; the Exif wouldn't allow it. So the cast should probably be Showa-style, just a bunch of people from assorted walks of life who wander into the mess that's about to unfold and end up saving the world.

Non-Exif aliens are definitely allowed, but Ghidorah and the Exif should be the only serious alien threat. So things like a band of surviving Mysterians trying to warn Earth are fine, but hostile invaders are probably best left out.

And I should also say that my 'vision' here is a rough guideline at best, so everyone should feel free to oppose anything I throw out. You're not interfering with anything I actually care about, don't worry. :lol: We'll go with what the group wants.
Last edited by JAGzilla on Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

JAGzilla wrote: I guess there also isn't a G-Force or any serious kaiju organization like that; the Exif wouldn't allow it.
Well we could have them be introduce in the middle of the story when kaiju began to have more presence in the world, especially Godzilla who they name it after. Then we could start adding mecha's!
Last edited by Gigantis on Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

tyrantgoji wrote:
JAGzilla wrote: I guess there also isn't a G-Force or any serious kaiju organization like that; the Exif wouldn't allow it.
Well we could have them be introduce in the middle of the story when kaiju began to have more presence in the world, especially Godzilla who they name it after. Then we could start adding mecha's!
Sure, something along those lines could work fine, and of course makes a lot of sense.

Dr. Carter
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dr. Carter »

Sorry for not responding sooner. But ok, that'll give me some leeway with Walterrus and Byakkan in this new story. Will have to work on human characters too while I'm at it. You know, because I don't want to be stuck with just kaiju either, but I may have to avoid going with scientists this time around. We'll see, depends on what I can bring to the table as it were.

As for Draborgman... I'm guessing he'll have to come in a little bit later, if at all, since there wouldn't be any public organizations based on searching for Kaiju for him to join yet, and he's, well, supposed to be a kind of super hero like Ultraman is, as it were. Pretty sure the Exif wouldn't want residents of the Land of Light and their equivalents running around. Although, I could work Draborgman as a refugee this time around, with an unknown number of survivors from his world, that Ghidorah destroyed, also being out there, somewhere. Just, a refugee who can fight back to an extent on behalf of others, but not fight Ghidorah one-on-one, directly or indirectly, with any chance of surviving. Basically, he could work to rally humanity towards reforging their bond with the world's kaiju and such. Like a beacon of light and hope as it were, but just that. It'll be up to the rest of the world to take up the fight as well from his example. (I know, it's like Zone Fighter in a way, but without watching that show and any Ultra Series beyond an episode of Ultraman Tiga recently, I don't have a full comprehension of their personalities, attacks and abilities to pull off their portrayals correctly. So, OC it'll have to be for me.)

Back to the organizations bit... I mean, there could be secret ones, but... ehhhh... Not sure how you guys are feeling about MONARCH for example. Though if it(Or an equivalent organization) exists, it'll be in the condition we saw it in Kong: Skull Island based on what I'm reading here. Not taken seriously in the least, barely functioning with what funding it can get and is in threat of being shut down. Since everyone who is in it is thought of as belonging in an insane asylum for believing that monsters are real and trying to treat it as a genuine field of science. Meaning, anyone in it would be desperately trying to prove that all the legends and myths in the world do in fact have basis in reality. With the Exif exacerbating things for obvious reasons, and the entire world being unaware of their existence otherwise with a few exceptions in each government of the world.

That organization could be a front for the Exif too, if executed right, for the purposes of containing kaiju and keeping the world in the dark. Or two organizations, one that's closer to MONARCH as we know it from the Monsterverse, as well as a front organization for the Exif with each trying to one up another in discrediting each other in the eyes of those few who are aware of them while furthering their goals.

(Wow, that turned out to be a bigger post than I intended. ^^;; )
Last edited by Dr. Carter on Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Knowing what time period this takes place in would also help with establishing story elemenets. This one being sst in the 60s felt a bit....restrictive.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Yeah we shouldn't set this in the 60's, but i wouldn't really want it to be in the future either. Maybe we should just set it in present day, or at least close to present day like the 2000's.

Or we could just say "Skreoonk it, lets go full on lazy on the dating and just say 20XX". :lol:
Last edited by Gigantis on Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

I'd be fine with a rickety little organization trying to be taken seriously. The Exif obviously aren't going to be able to keep the truth 100% under wraps, and there are certainly going to be a few people with questions that need answering. And the Exif having a counter-organization could be great.

As for the timeframe, I say we just keep things easy and write what we know by setting it in the present.

Gojirawars 03
Monarch Researcher

Post by Gojirawars 03 »

What time period is this getting set in? Because I sure as hell would love to try out some Earth Mecha this time. Notably, my man in silver, the Heisei Mecha-G.

On that note, I had an idea about organizations and how they would function, based on a script I’m writing for a YouTube series I’m working on. It would basically say that different organizations spawned from different groups and countries. Monarch would be American, G-Force would be Japanese, and things like the HEAT, The Anti-Megalosaurus Force, or The G-Graspers could be separate splinter groups.
Last edited by Gojirawars 03 on Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The time has come, finally, to put our technology to the final test."
-Dr. Asimov

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8S9Rq ... r78nzbs-FQ

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Gojirawars 03 wrote:What time period is this getting set in? Because I sure as hell would love to try out some Earth Mecha this time. Notably, my man in silver, the Heisei Mecha-G.
Present day, for convenience. If you do go with Heisei Mechagodzilla, I'd say you'll probably have to either wait until late in the game, when kaiju have become established enough that humanity has a reason to build a mech, or make him a secret weapon of the Exif.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

So would the ancient civilizations also be allowed to be played as too? I feel like there should be surviving pockets of the people of Atlantis, Seatopia (especially if Megalon is in this) and the like.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

tyrantgoji wrote:So would the ancient civilizations also be allowed to be played as too? I feel like there should be surviving pockets of the people of Atlantis, Seatopia (especially if Megalon is in this) and the like.
Sure. I have a very half-baked notion that we'll have an expedition into the hollow earth to foil the Exif plan, and I guess there are probably still some remnants of the old world clinging to existence down there. The Exif might not police it as thoroughly as the surface world, since their focus right now is on whittling down modern humanity and preparing for Ghidorah's arrival.

And on a related note, we're going to need some people playing as Exif characters. I will probably be playing as a human ally of theirs, but I don't really have any interest in playing as Metphies or any high-level Exif proper. Alternatively, if no one wants to run them, it's not too late to swap them out for another alien race. Everybody has some kind of tie to Ghidorah, after all.
Last edited by JAGzilla on Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.