Emergence: Kaiju Invasion HUB

A place to play and organize role playing games on the forums with others. "Mafia" games welcome.
JAGzilla
Sazer

Re: Emergence: Kaiju Invasion HUB

Post by JAGzilla »

So I got a notification that Daws posted here, but I'm not seeing a post...
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Likewise on the All Monsters Attack talkback thread. Weird.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

I guess they were just more Long Bagan posts that got deleted.

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Daws (or hacked Daws) went out in a blaze of glory, and we were simply caught up in the crossfire. :)

Billzilla1974
Interpol Agent

Post by Billzilla1974 »

Daws was actually the 1st non-admin member to greet me when I first posted on TK (SpaceG92 was the first), I may not have gotten to know him too well, even after two years on here, but I wish him luck in any of his future writing endeavors.

Also, I'm disappointed the "Long Bagan" posts weren't just one super stretched sprite of Bagan, akin to the "Long Serval" meme.
Last edited by Billzilla1974 on Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never forget the Showa Era, R.I.P, Haruo Nakajima 8/7/2017. :g64:
Extra THICC!

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

So, I’ve been doing a decent amount of writing for whenever ol’ Emergence comes back for a new season. And, when it does, I’ll just say that Ms. Amelia is going to get absolutely (and forgive my crudeness), fucked with. Like, I’ve reached down into the very pits of what little skill in horror writing that I have, and just gave it all I had. Heck, I even creeped my wife out to bloody hell, and that’s not an easy thing :lol:.

#BotM

Andrew the Gojifan
Monsterland Worker

Post by Andrew the Gojifan »

Godzilla165 wrote:So, I’ve been doing a decent amount of writing for whenever ol’ Emergence comes back for a new season. And, when it does, I’ll just say that Ms. Amelia is going to get absolutely (and forgive my crudeness), fucked with. Like, I’ve reached down into the very pits of what little skill in horror writing that I have, and just gave it all I had. Heck, I even creeped my wife out to bloody hell, and that’s not an easy thing :lol:.
Life is a Pay to Win rage game

GhostofTK
Ronin

Post by GhostofTK »

Hello everyone, I'm GhostofTK and I'm here for two reasons.

I've been in contact with Daws, Canuck, and Zarm for a little bit now and am here to supply Daws' two-cents on the issues arising from his disappearance. Basically he says if you want to eliminate the sentient storyline, interrupt the UN scene with Ba-Pef suddenly panicking before turning into a mist which quickly dissipates, a small disk escaping into space from said mist. The rest of the sentients (such as Tiamat) would also disappear. Ba-Pef's last words would be "How did they get them?"

Two more things: first of all, as long as it's alright with you all, Daws would like to continue with the Emergence adaptation. He's trying to rework it to where it keeps the premise of this roleplay while not seeming to rip-off KotM with its own emergence event.

Second, if you're interested, here's a basic outline of how the storyline was going to go, straight from Daws. (Don't worry Canuck, this is free of main-story spoilers.)
Spoiler:
After current events, the Swarm would be attacked by the Egyptian military, prompting Ba-Pef to escape and go to their rescue, manipulating sand to repel the aircraft. The Swarm would then open the Nile Delta gate, letting Serqet into Egypt. She would join forces with Ba-Pef, preparing to defeat her "sister" Tiamat, whose fear of the Nile River would become apparent later that day.
Meanwhile Ganesh, troubled by his vision of the Titans killing "the Ancient", sends Bellona to the ruins of Olympus with the Delphic Agni to retrieve the "Heart of Khakis" -- the weapon core of a larger, deadlier version of Khepri which was destroyed by the Ancient before it crashed onto Olympus. They are captured by the kaiju known as Furies and taken to an extensive cave system free from the destruction of the planet's surface but overruled by the half-metal kaiju.
Movement is detected from the Nile Delta gate as Thoosa -- a Duatian kaiju capable of controlling salt water -- enters Earth. Hearing of her vast power from the oracle (whose name I forget), the UN sends Quentin and several other delegates to accompany said oracle to communicate with her.
On Olympus, the remaining "royal kaiju" have been reduced to feudal lords under Hades, the last of the "big three". He reasons that with the death of the Ancient, he can use the Heart of Khakis to kill the Titans, making him the strongest being in the universe. He throws Agni and Bellona into the Arena, where the enslaved kaiju Odin is sent to kill them.
Shambalha open gates between them and the Aztec-themed planet, and the kaiju decide to team up to invade Asgard due to the killing of Nieth and the attack on Shambalha by Loki.
In Egypt, a large shape begins to move down the Nile. The UN discovers Sobek has disappeared from Lake Victoria.
On the northen coast of Egypt, the oracle is sent up to talk to Thoosa, who bluntly states she has no intentions of helping humanity. Quentin and the other UN delegates arrive in a helicopter and issues an ultimatum. Thoosa crushes the helicopter and floods North Africa in anger. The UN decides that if they ever see her again, they will nuke her.
Bellona kills Odin (though Agni is killed by one of Odin's "ravens"), and challenges Hades to a fight (despite the fact he's over one hundred times her size). She kills him as well by impaling him on his own bident. She claims the Heart of Khakis just as kaiju from Asgard break into the cave system, led by Thoth (from Duat) and surrounded by a massive cloud of smoke.
The Shambalhan-Aztec kaiju arrive on Asgard to find it empty, learning of the attack on Olympus soon after and discovering that the planet is being guarded by the planetoid-sized kaiju Jormungandr. They escape shortly before Khepri crashes into the serpent.
With the growing threat of Tiamat, the oracle shows Mateo a small gate, pushing him through it. It leads him to a nebula known as Valhalla, and into the cloud in which Ra dwells -- still alive. Ra questions him and, deciding his cause is just, sends him back to Earth with the promise of joining humanity in their fight.
Bellona leads Olympus in defeating the Asgardian kaiju and casts Toth into the molten sea. The remaining royal kaiju title her "Diamond of Olympus" and gift her with Marianasium armor imbued with Zeus' thunderbolts. Bellona receives a message from Ganesh, who has had a vision of Khepri crashing into Duat.
Tiamat arrives at Cairo and is met by Serqet, Ba-Pef, and the Swarm. She repels them easily until Ra bursts from the now-open Cairo gate. She begins to succumb to Serqet's venom and Ra's wing-swords (think Bahamut from FFXV). Ra manages to push her back into the Nile. The water drags her in before Sobek leaps from it and smashes her head killing her. He returns to the river, promising to find the "other one who disturbed it" (Thoosa). Ra holds his main sword aloft, opening the gates across the world and letting in the other kaiju to prepare for the Titan's attack.
Thoth is drawn out of the molten sea by a Titan and his damaged body is rebuilt with Olympian metal. They replace his lost eye with a red disk and send him to Earth to send a homing signal to Khepri.
Bellona approaches the UN and is taken into custody. She escapes with the Swarm's help. Ba-Pef helps her prepare for the "arrival".
Days later, Thoosa is thrown onto Cyprus, followed by Sobek. The two fight even as the UN launch the anti-Thoosa nuke, which destroys part of the island. Sobek is unaffected, watching Thoosa floating dead on the water's surface. He refuses to join Ra, returning to his river.
The rest of the Duatian kaiju return to their planet when Khepri is seen approaching. Ra is mortally wounded and forced through the gates by Ba-Pef, who seals the gates before being killed by Khepri's impact. Ra asks to be taken to Sobek and removes his helmet. He confesses his power comes from the fact that he's not a kaiju -- he's a Titan. He calls their conflict a family feud, and gifts Sobek his wing-swords before dying. Sobek takes up the wing-swords, joining the effort to stop the Titans.
The UN discovers Khepri and find Bellona, who agrees with their idea to fire missiles at him before it reaches Earth as it may "reduce the force of his impact". They reduce it enough for Khepri to only cause a crater with a diameter of 500 miles in Russia, and the sentients quickly attack. Thoth repels them before being killed by the combined might of Sobek and a non-sentient Earth kaiju. Other non-sentients converge on the area, all attacking Khepri. They assist Bellona in getting inside Khepri's head, where she destroys him with the Heart of Khakis.
In the aftermath, the sentients regroup in anticipation of the Titans' arrival, as Ganesh says "their only option now is to attack us themselves."
Isn't it frustrating how little of a chance you have of stopping me? :huge:

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Excellent Ghost. Tell Daws thank you.
Last edited by KaijuCanuck on Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Well, okay, then. That's about the easiest possible solution to this. Ba-Pef goes *poof*, a few reaction posts, and it's on with the show. Who wants to actually write this out?

Also, the battle around Kronos' pool isn't effected by any of this, so there's no reason we can't continue that right away. The ball is in your court, Andrew.

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

Dibs not it! I've got some more writing of me own to do.

EDIT: Looks like I did after all :lol:. I seriously hope that I did that right, and if not, no one be afraid to let me know.
Last edited by Godzilla165 on Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

#BotM

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

*Mace Windu voice* It is done, then.

Fast and blunt, but at this point, the heck with it. That snag has held things up more than long enough, and we need ta get this wagon train a-movin'. I'll do a reaction post for Li and Arugas ASAP, hopefully tomorrow. If anyone else wants to react, though, feel free to beat me to it.

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

Oh Zarm, always with the cheeky pop culture references :lol:.

#BotM

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

I think, three years from now, Infinity War will still be foremost on people's minds if a bunch of creatures simultaneously dissolve into dust. :)

Unless you mean the fact that Bridgewell is clearly thinking of Stargate and hoping for a Daniel Jackson to show up and save the day... ;)
Last edited by Zarm on Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

^ Oh, the second option of course, like duh. Clearly Jackson is the real end game in this story :P.

#BotM

Andrew the Gojifan
Monsterland Worker

Me, after being absent for a bit
Anyway, I’ll try to post something soon.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Dang it, Kronos! Now look what you gone and done!

Maranatha!

Andrew the Gojifan
Monsterland Worker

I think we need a sense of scale. For the record, Thanatos is three fifths of Kronos` height in small form and six times as tall in big form.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Andrew the Gojifan wrote:I think we need a sense of scale. For the record, Thanatos is three fifths of Kronos` height in small form and six times as tall in big form.

He's currently plenty small enough that Kronos should be able to hold Thanatos in his mouth (which is a long, Liopleurodon-like jaw) and flail him around like a ragdoll, though, right? Or have I miscalculated there?

Andrew the Gojifan
Monsterland Worker

JAGzilla wrote:
Andrew the Gojifan wrote:I think we need a sense of scale. For the record, Thanatos is three fifths of Kronos` height in small form and six times as tall in big form.

He's currently plenty small enough that Kronos should be able to hold Thanatos in his mouth (which is a long, Liopleurodon-like jaw) and flail him around like a ragdoll, though, right? Or have I miscalculated there?

Did a check and it seems that the scale checks out. I think a size comparison between the monsters could do us good.