BotM: New Beginnings Hub

A place to play and organize role playing games on the forums with others. "Mafia" games welcome.
Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Re: BotM: New Beginnings Hub

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

While Gwen begins the next storyline, our heroes come into conflict with the most suave and airheaded rouge in existence...
(Just a short chapter for now.)
Spoiler:
Hatter sprayed suspiciously smoking pile of wood with the fire hose he held until he was certain no fire would ever rise from it nor any descendants the wood might have.
"I think that's the last of it," he called.
"Same here," Ubel said. "Daws? How're you and Tosaku holding up?"
Daws crawled out of a pile of ash-stricken rubble, coughing. "We're alright. The darn monkey's still alive though."
Ubel shook his head. "Darn it."
"Hey self!" Daws shouted. "We put the fire out!"
The screen displaying the real Daws' face popped up overhead. "Thanks guys. 165 will sure appreciate what you did."
Ubel looked back at the burnt wreckage of BotM. "I hope he gets well soon, 'cause this is going to need a bit of work."
"We're handling that," the real Daws said, tugging on the zipper of his blue sweatshirt. "Another writer joined in, so we'll rebuild this in no time."
"What about the rubble?" Tosaku asked, punctuating her question with a tiny sneeze.
The real Daws waved a hand. "Turkish Turd and Baklava are going to take care of that right...about...now."
With a loud rumble, the ground under the wreckage exploded. In the midst of it was a massive armored creature with a mouth full of man-sized teeth.
"Is that...Baklava?" Ubel asked.
Daws shook his head. "No, that's just the sandworm he and Turkish Turd keep as a pet."
Ubel raised an eyebrow. "Sandworm?"
"Turkish Turd is one of Daws' alter egos," Tosaku explained while pouring herself a mug of coffee. "He always thought that the people of the sands must feel free to wander, and Turd is a manifestation of his desire to also feel that way."
"But where does the sandworm come in?" Ubel asked, watching the giant invertebrate munch on the ruins of BotM contentedly.
"Well Daws has more information about Dune floating in his subconscious than he does about the actual Middle East, so Turd is actually a Fremen."
Ubel looked at the real Daws. "You're a nerd, you know that?"
"No carp," Tosaku muttered, pouring the coffee on her head.
A chibi version of Daws with utterly blue eyes jumped off the sandworm's back, followed by a short being that resembled a giant dust bunny with arms, legs, claws, and beady eyes.
"Hey Daws," the Fremen said. "You guys can go on ahead, we've got things here."
Daws nodded, smiling. "Thanks Turd." Then he looked to the dust bunny creature. "How're you doing Baklava?"
Baklava waved his arms in the air. "EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAwabalawablawablaEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEe!"
As he shouted incoherently, his arms began to spin wildly, sending him crashing into the few beams and pillars that were still standing.
"And there he goes," Hatter said.
Ubel shook his head. Am I on drugs?
Daws turned to the real Daws' screen. "So self, you neglect to mention where we're going next."
The real Daws pointed behind them. "Down that way you'll find a port. Get on the first boat you find."
"Where'll it take us?" Daws asked.
"I can't tell you."
"Why?"
"Because we must come into conflict."
"Why?!"
The real Daws rolled his eyes. "Becaue it says in the title 'our heroes come into contact with the most suave and airheaded rouge in existence' which of course is me."
"No, actually it's me," Hatter said. "When you first said, 'I wish I was suave and cool, I was brought into existence."
"Hey pipe down Hat-hair," the real Daws said. "Otherwise I'll write your character as Mungo Jerry for the rest of the story."
Hatter went quiet.
"Look self, I can write like you, right?" Daws asked.
The real Daws nodded.
Daws cracked his knuckles. "Then maaaaybe we can work out a bit of a deal between us."
The real Daws rubbed his chin. "What do you offer?"
Daws bounced his eyebrows up and down. "Myth in a swimsuit."
The real Daws' face turned so red the screen began to suffer from overexposure.
"Deal."
Ubel covered his face with his hand. "Oh sweet mother of mine, what did I ever do to deserve this?"
The real Daws leaned back. "You're going to Santa Domingo to meet with Gondolier. He'll give you directions as to where to find the abomination in exchange for the danr monkey."
Ubel perked up. "I'm in."
"Me too," Daws said.
"Same here," Tosaku said, pouring coffee on her head again.
"And Santo Domingo of all places!" Hatter said. "Let's go!"
Daws waved as they left. "See you Turd! Later self! So long Baklava!"
The real Daws waved back before finishing the spoiler tag and hitting "submit," posting the latest episode onto the BotM New Beginnings HUB.
He shivered with the willies. Myth in a swimsuit...
Addendum, sorry about that Gwen. Whenever you write on here, go back and copy what you've written every few minutes. That way if it does crash, you just have to paste it back on and keep writing.
goji89 wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:People have asked me how I can want to be a writer
With skills like this......I wonder too.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Holy mother of Bagan we actually are stuck in limbo.
TK drinking game official rules.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 0#p1564587

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

Oooo, I know exactly how it feels to lose pages of work, just because technology decided to have a small tantrum. I remember losing two, entire chapters worth of content for my novel, and I was so worn out mentally that evening, that I didn't even think to save it. Nightmares soon followed that night. Now, I make sure that I'm saving and copying literally every minute; you just don't know when a crash will wreck your entire progress, you know? Sorry to hear that, Gwen, bloody hell.

Nice work once again, Daws. Now I want a chibi Daws, AND a Hatter.

#BotM

Vatarian
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Vatarian »

Elected to split it up into chunks. Part one is up. I'll write more in the morning, too tired now. Think of this as a prologue.

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

:P Lemme jump in witta character
Follow The #MoreMonsterVerse Twitter Movement!

Link: https://twitter.com/ExpandtheMV?s=09

We Can Make A Difference! Fans Have A Voice!

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

^ Man, people are just popping in from all over the place. :P
Last edited by Dawsbfiremind on Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
goji89 wrote:

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

I actually submitted a character a while ago but I think it go buried.

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

ernesth100 wrote:Name: Chester "Red Claw" Jackson
Height: 5"8(Human), 6"2(Transformed)
Weight: 126lbs(Human), 200lbs(Transformed)
Age(if you want): 42
Appearance: Chester is an African American male. With blaxk hair in medium length dreads. They are died at the tips blonde. He has a large scar on his hand where he was stabbed with a sword. As well as a burn mark on the left side of his back.
Backstory: Chester was human possessed by the power soul of a Demon named "Red Claw". As a result Chester can summon the form of Red Claw at will. Sometimes unintentionally as they are two separate personalities. When Chester was 26. He ran into this dying Demon while driving. It landed in front of his car. Beaten and bloodied by something awful. A deal was made with Chester. Eternal life and power in exchange for his body. Chester agreed on the terms that Red Claw can only come out when Chester needs or says so. And that he can have control over the powers even outside of Red Claw form. The agreement was made and for the past decade and a half. Chester has literally been living with a Demon.

Weapons and Items: Chester small has a cross like trinket, with a circle around it surgically implanted in his chest. It keeps him from losing control in Red Claw form and going crazy in the Blood Moon.

Powers: In human form Chester can summon hellfire from his fists. He can also blast it like a flamethrower. But in human form it greatly drains his stamina. He has enhanced durability, and is not killed by normal things that'd kill a human such as great falls, stabbing, gunshots and electrocution. That's not to say he won't be injured. But he can heal from most of these things as long as the damage is not too severe. His strength allows him to flip busses in human form. But that's about the limit of his human form abilities. He can also summon his demon claws. Which when heated with hellfire allow him to slice through most material like butter.

In Red Claw Form he can fly and gains wings. His strength/durability doubles and he has complete control over his hellfire. However this risks him loosing some control as Red Claw is stubborn. In human form he is immune to demon weaknesses. But in this form he is completely vunerable to them. As well as twice as stubborn.

Personality: All you need to know is that. Chester is a clever planner and thinker. But he is quite possibly the most stubborn and antisocial person ever. He often talks to himself. But it's just him talking to his demon side Red Claw. As a result you'll often here him day "Shut Up Red" etc. And the vice versa for him in Red Claw form. Other than that he is a formidable all and opponent.
Wait nvm, here it is. It's okay if I just jump right in? Can anyone fill me in on whats currently happening?
Last edited by ernesth100 on Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:49 am, edited 3 times in total.

Vatarian
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Vatarian »

Jumping right in might be.... Less than productive, Ernesth. Where exactly do you plan to jump in? I don't want any... Interference.

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

Vatarian wrote:Jumping right in might be.... Less than productive, Ernesth. Where exactly do you plan to jump in? I don't want any... Interference.
Wherever I can be relevant to the story and involved with the fun without disrupting the current flow of events too much. Just give me an introduction or something and I'll take it from there. I don't intend to be all over the place with this. I just wanna be involved in some action.

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

Vatarian wrote:Jumping right in might be.... Less than productive, Ernesth. Where exactly do you plan to jump in? I don't want any... Interference.
Man Gwen, you really speak your mind. :lol:

It's (Celine) Dion's decision in the end, but to put in my figurative two cents...(please don't take this the wrong way, I'm going full "Objective Writer/Spock Mode".)

1- I notice that you seem revved up. This is good, but most of your statements revolve around "action". If I recall correctly, it was a focus on action that brought down Eternal Fracture. I mean action is good, but it's also fireworks. Story is color. Colorless fireworks are just to let you enjoy flashes and explosions and never really satisfying, while fireworkless colors can also hold their own as beautiful and satisfying.

2- I would advise not jumping in like Gwen said. Rather, I would ask you to flesh out the storyline, then design the setting then your characters. This may take a while, but it's worth it.

3- Just seemed kind of weird to leave it at two, so here's a third item in this list for your viewing pleasure.

Hope this helps.
Last edited by Dawsbfiremind on Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
goji89 wrote:

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

As both Daws and Gwen said, you really want to have some good idea of where you would like to begin in the story, ernesth, or else it would feel a bit... Tacked on, otherwise, with the way that the story is going currently. Chester sounds cool, but can he fit into the mold, is the question? I'm not trying to turn you away, I'm just giving you something to mull over.

#BotM

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

I just reread what I wrote earlier. Sorry Ern, I sounded like a trashsack. I didn't exactly word things right.
But I still stand behind the core of what I said. We're here though. Why not bounce some ideas around like we were doing when Gwen was figuring stuff out? That's what the HUB is for really. We want to see your stories and help them grow.
goji89 wrote:

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

I understand completely. I'm thinking it over. And I do want to be involved. I believe my character being of demonic origin could fit the mold as some sort of assassin. Or hero for hire type character that works under a larger character.

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

ernesth100 wrote:I understand completely. I'm thinking it over. And I do want to be involved. I believe my character being of demonic origin could fit the mold as some sort of assassin. Or hero for hire type character that works under a larger character.
Oh the possible complexities. I like it Ern!
goji89 wrote:

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

Great, as long as the story flows seamlessly without any type of interference, we should be good to go. Just read everything over first, just to catch up if you haven’t already Ernesth, and see if you could possibly weave your story arc in to fit the mold.

Daws, you’re in charge of your characters and mine until I get better (this bloody flu is harder to kick than I anticipated), and I can rudely use them again :P. Don’t burn those cupcakes.

#BotM

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

What cupcakes?
Oh carp! :shock:
goji89 wrote:

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

I'm wondering if someone can introduce my character for me. Cause I'm kinda scared to post and mess up the feng shui.

I want him to be introduced working for a larger character if possible. That idea's been stuck in my head for a minute. And I'll take it from there.
Last edited by ernesth100 on Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

Vatarian
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Vatarian »

Sorry I've been slow to write. I've caught a stomach bug which I originally just thought was leftover cramps from a more normal cause but.... Yeah. S'not. I had a really hard time even eating or drinking yesterday, but I'm better today.

I ought to be able to get at least another section up, if not all of it.

After that, maybe we can work on introducing your character, Ernesth?

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

Vatarian wrote:Sorry I've been slow to write. I've caught a stomach bug which I originally just thought was leftover cramps from a more normal cause but.... Yeah. S'not. I had a really hard time even eating or drinking yesterday, but I'm better today.

I ought to be able to get at least another section up, if not all of it.

After that, maybe we can work on introducing your character, Ernesth?
Yeah, I can wait. Just lemme know when you're ready. Imma keep this tab open.

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

Sorry Gwen, hope you get better soon.

Also sorry everyone else. It's gonna be a little bit before I can write on here as another project is currently going full-swing right now.
goji89 wrote: