The RPG Forums General Discussion Thread

A place to play and organize role playing games on the forums with others. "Mafia" games welcome.
g2vd
Xilien Halfling

The RPG Forums General Discussion Thread

Post by g2vd »

About two weeks ago in the Jurassic Park RPG thread, I got around to thinking our current RPGs have hit a snag and new ones such as the Dalek Conquest lay dead so I came with the idea for this thread

Reposted:
I also feel this RPG should go into a hiatius sort of like a Tell Tale Episode As if it wasn't in one already :lol:. consider what we have now to be a Tell Tale Episode and we now have to wait a few months for the next, the hiatius in my idea would last until some of or one of the RPGs ends. I feel we have saturated the forum with RPG's and there are too many to focus on just one and their aren't enough members, let one finish (I believe BOTM will be the fastest presumably due to it's current length) and have this fill it's place. in fact I think we need to not make a new RPG at all until these are finished that way when the current roster is finished. all we have to do is post our ideas and replace them, hmn I'm thinking of making a thread like that yeah a place where you can post, write down ideas, and brainstorm ideas for a RPG and a few other things.
This thread will serve that function and as a hub to think about new ideas to help the RPGs.
Godzilla

Missingno.
G-Grasper

Re: The RPG Forums General Discussion Thread

Post by Missingno. »

I approve of this thread, but I don't know how to help with the fact the RPGs are essentially at a standstill. A lack of contribution from members who are taking place in the RPGs is something you can't fix, especially now that most of the members taking place in these are back in some form of school for the next 8-9 months.
TK's resident other 1980's fan who longs for that decade's return, and severe weather fanatic.
LSD Jellyfish wrote:WOW WHAT HONOL. SO KOOR, VERY JOUZU KAWAII SOU DESU NE. AHHHH OKII CHINKO DESU KA. MMMMM CHICHI, WATSHI NO MANKO NI CHINKO O IKYUUUUUUUU
NEVER FORGET:
8-8-2015
R.I.P. Games forum
Resized ImageResized Image
The 80's----The weather!

TetsukiGroudon
Terminated
Terminated

Post by TetsukiGroudon »

Actually, school isn't what's getting in the way for me. I simpilily just feel like spending time on my more recent interests and boyfriend.

I can't speak for other people, but I'm pretty sure most have just moved on to different stuff.

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

Work for me, as the busy season has rolled back in.

#BotM

EdGojira
E.S.P.Spy

Post by EdGojira »

Yep, very busy. I do try to contribute whenever I get the chance, but I am finding that noticeably rarer. If I log in and no one replies for a little while, I simply don't do anything and might move on to a separate activity.

I have ideas for a RPGs, but with how slow things are going I don't feel like there is time to even brainstorm or test waters. That and I generally don't get answers when I ask questions or of something.
How long has it been? I honestly forgot.
TK's resident Ed, Edd n Eddy fan.
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/new ... 54/9ae.gif
[pic=http://x1.fjcdn.com/comments/lt+courtes ... fa40b3496a

Godzilla The King
Futurian

Post by Godzilla The King »

I'm not as busy but I try to post whenever I can. All I can suggests is keeping these alive, because currently the only actives ones are Zero Hour, Galaxy of Rogues and BOTM.
CaptainStarbird wrote:
gigan72 wrote:MMMMM, HEISEI
-fatass bodies
-big thighs
-some undersized arms
-beam spam
-a mans ass
-messed up timeline
MAKES ME HORNY
UNLIKE THOSE ANOREXIC SHOWA MODELS!
CaptainStarbird wrote: "Look under your chair for a gift, it's a bitchslap!"

Vatarian
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Vatarian »

I'll post when I can, but consider BOTM dropped out of. Giratina's disappearance combined with jarringly inconsistant tone put me off. Same with Jurassic.

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

I feel that we can only focus on two at a time, the most active ones Pacific Rim and BOTM. that way maximum effort can be put in and to insure complete interest, as many no longer have much time all other RPGs such as Noir, Galaxy must go into hiatus. or BOTM can go into one and Galaxy takes it's place or what you all decid,e we should also put in a system of members coming up with a estimated time of when they can post. that way you can come up with new and better ideas and not feel rushed or something like that.
Godzilla

Missingno.
G-Grasper

Post by Missingno. »

I'm at the brink of dropping out of BoTM, too... However, I have some suggestions as to what we do:

1. I drop out of this as well, leaving everything pretty much up to Edgojira, GTK, and the occasional post from G165.

2. We just don't touch the RPG at all until June (when the busy season ends) or just reboot it when June comes around.

With seemingly the entire TK boards at a crawl, it's not pleasant waiting for a day and a half for a new post that doesn't relate to the story I'm trying to continue, or just isn't even in BoTM at all.
TK's resident other 1980's fan who longs for that decade's return, and severe weather fanatic.
LSD Jellyfish wrote:WOW WHAT HONOL. SO KOOR, VERY JOUZU KAWAII SOU DESU NE. AHHHH OKII CHINKO DESU KA. MMMMM CHICHI, WATSHI NO MANKO NI CHINKO O IKYUUUUUUUU
NEVER FORGET:
8-8-2015
R.I.P. Games forum
The 80's----The weather!

Godzilla The King
Futurian

You know, there is such thing as Christmas break, which is only 2 or so months away and will probably be much more active.
CaptainStarbird wrote:
-fatass bodies
-big thighs
-some undersized arms
-beam spam
-a mans ass
-messed up timeline
MAKES ME HORNY

Missingno.
G-Grasper

Post by Missingno. »

Godzilla The King wrote:You know, there is such thing as Christmas break, which is only 2 or so months away and will probably be much more active.
For you teenagers, yes :mad:
NEVER FORGET:
8-8-2015
R.I.P. Games forum
The 80's----The weather!

Godzilla The King
Futurian

Yeah, I guess. What's odd is the original BOTM was during school season too, later in the year yes, but still school.
CaptainStarbird wrote:
-fatass bodies
-big thighs
-some undersized arms
-beam spam
-a mans ass
-messed up timeline
MAKES ME HORNY

EdGojira
E.S.P.Spy

Post by EdGojira »

Godzilla The King wrote:Yeah, I guess. What's odd is the original BOTM was during school season too, later in the year yes, but still school.
I have transitioned from Junior year to Senior, and now I have a lot of Senior responsibilities. I remember making it by the skin on my teeth in a math class, the math class I have now is even more advanced. English is prone to giving me assignments that take me much longer than what the teacher says it would and I also cannot seem to keep my homework done, like every time I finish one assignment, two take its place. I actually feel like I am dumber and work slower.
Vatarian wrote:I'll post when I can, but consider BOTM dropped out of. Giratina's disappearance combined with jarringly inconsistant tone put me off. Same with Jurassic.
In what manner is the tone inconsistent? I could understand with most of the first one, because Jake and later Dana were a source of constant jokes, but even later than then Dana became a more serious character and me and GTK's segments became far more serious with only a few jokes sprinkled in. That arc on the haunted planet (the most serious one) is my inspiration for the sequel's tone. If it's only me and GTK, it should only be getting more consistent, and it reads that way to me.
How long has it been? I honestly forgot.
TK's resident Ed, Edd n Eddy fan.
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/new ... 54/9ae.gif
[pic=http://x1.fjcdn.com/comments/lt+courtes ... fa40b3496a

Godzilla The King
Futurian

Confused on that as well, compared to the first one the tone is pretty goddamn consistent. And in a crossover as wide as this, why must it be consistent? I see each story as seperate until they cross.
CaptainStarbird wrote:
-fatass bodies
-big thighs
-some undersized arms
-beam spam
-a mans ass
-messed up timeline
MAKES ME HORNY

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

Man, the Shadow Arena is as dead as a rock.
Godzilla

Vatarian
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Vatarian »

Not gonna point fingers, but certain people need to post.

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

I want to finish DownTown Tokyo Rumble.
Godzilla

DinoMaster
G-Force Personnel

Post by DinoMaster »

Just testing the waters some, but would anyone be interested in a Bioshock based RP?

Godzilla The King
Futurian

I might be intersested
CaptainStarbird wrote:
-fatass bodies
-big thighs
-some undersized arms
-beam spam
-a mans ass
-messed up timeline
MAKES ME HORNY

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

We need to make something Halloween related for this month.
Godzilla