Respect HeiseiGoji

Discuss and analyze various feats!
Godzelda
Interpol Agent

Re: Respect HeiseiGoji

Post by Godzelda »

Inferno Rodan wrote:
Godzelda wrote:Plus, there are numerous feats throughout the series showing that Godzilla and other monsters have nuke-level durability, which I'm not going to ignore just because the filmmakers decided not to blow up the whole set every time a monster fires a beam.
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view2/467726 ... hter-o.gif

Welp, we're done here.
Yep, that's what I thought. Bye! :huge:

OT: A couple very minor feats I just remembered:
-Firepower: The light produced by his beam was enough to hurt the eyes of people on the ocean's surface when he used it deep underwater.
-Intelligence: Used a weak beam to make the Cosmo Clock 21 fall on Mothra rather than hitting her directly.
On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer.
-Satoru Iwata (1959-2015)

three
Keizer

Post by three »

Godzelda wrote:Some more good feats.

Firepower:

-The Spiral Ray blasted M.O.G.U.E.R.A., who I'm pretty sure is made from the same armor as MG (minus the diamond coating, of course), to bits in just two hits (this means these ones were probably more powerful than the ones used in GvsMG2).
this will be where we have our biggest discrepancy. MOGUERA lacked any sort of armor against the beam. MG2 lasted four shots (counting the beam lock), and three direct hits while its systems fried from the heat Godzilla was generating. MOGUERA, simply but, was built out of the scrap of an adaptation of technology we didn't understand. the beam wasn't stronger --- the kaiju was weaker.

Regeneration:

-Regen'd in seconds from Biollante's spear tendril impaling his hand- meaning his bones heal just as fast as his flesh.
as inexplicable as it sounds, it could have just forced the bone out of the way. penetration doesn't necessarily have to break bones.
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

Gojira is:Very Hiroshima®
axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

sir isaac newton is the deadliest son - of - a - bitch in space.

ZillaJr-KaijuKing
G-Force Personnel

Post by ZillaJr-KaijuKing »

I just watched Godzilla vs. Biollante, and Godzilla's atomic breath was hot enough to melt a synthetic diamond mirror, even though it wasn't strong enough to do the same to MechaGodzilla 2's synthetic diamond coating. How strong is that breath supposed to be? I'm guessing the Super X2's mirror was weaker, although the characters did make a big deal about that feat.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Well Mechagodzilla's entire armor system was designed to capture and store that energy as fuel for a weapon, whereas the Super-X2's merely reflected it. It would make sense that the latter would eventually fail.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

three
Keizer

Post by three »

MG2's armor was based off of the fallen MKG, which was more advanced than what we could produce. suffices to say, it is entirely possible that whatever we salvaged from MKG was just a better version of the X2's shield.

in addition, as breakdown mentions MG2 can also absorb the heat energy that hits it, so it has a sort of insulation against heat that the X2 didn't have.
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

Gojira is:Very Hiroshima®
axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

sir isaac newton is the deadliest son - of - a - bitch in space.

ZillaJr-KaijuKing
G-Force Personnel

So, do you guys think the mirror shield melted because Heisei Godzilla's atomic breath is hot enough to melt diamond by itself or because it redirected the energy "1000x stronger" than normal?

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Prolly because Godzilla's breath is just that hot.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Inferno Rodan
Futurian

Post by Inferno Rodan »

The ignition point of diamond is less than 1000° C. It's not exactly an impressive feat for Godzilla's beam to destroy the fire mirror.
"The rantings of an upjumped zealot make for tedious listening." - Grigori, Dragon's Dogma

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Post by PopInPicsPresents »

ZillaJr-KaijuKing wrote:So, do you guys think the mirror shield melted because Heisei Godzilla's atomic breath is hot enough to melt diamond by itself or because it redirected the energy "1000x stronger" than normal?
It clearly didn't get redirected at even close to 1000x stronger than normal.
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

ZillaJr-KaijuKing
G-Force Personnel

PopInPicsPresents wrote: It clearly didn't get redirected at even close to 1000x stronger than normal.
I kind of figured that. I was just going by what the characters said. If it really were that strong, Godzilla would have died instantly.

ZillaJr-KaijuKing
G-Force Personnel

I know the VS Battles Wiki should generally be taken with a grain of salt, but Heisei Godzilla's stats in that Wiki and the explanations for them caught my attention.

According to the article, Heisei Godzilla (not Burning) is at least a planet buster in terms of power. Both Mothra and Battra together couldn't defeat him, and both of them were stated to be strong enough to destroy a meteor capable of destroying the Earth. This would require that the meteor be 3/5 the size of Earth.

The article also points out that, because SpaceGodzilla was born from Godzilla cells absorbing the energy of a supernova, SpaceGodzilla is theoretically Star level in terms of power. Heisei Godzilla defeating SpaceGodzilla puts him at Star level according to the article, maybe even Solar System level through his Burning form.

It seems to rely on a fair share of assumptions, though. Again, people tend to take these with a grain of salt, but I thought it was interesting.

Gerdzerl

Post by Gerdzerl »

ZillaJr-KaijuKing wrote:I know the VS Battles Wiki should generally be taken with a grain of salt, but Heisei Godzilla's stats in that Wiki and the explanations for them caught my attention.

According to the article, Heisei Godzilla (not Burning) is at least a planet buster in terms of power. Both Mothra and Battra together couldn't defeat him, and both of them were stated to be strong enough to destroy a meteor capable of destroying the Earth. This would require that the meteor be 3/5 the size of Earth.

The article also points out that, because SpaceGodzilla was born from Godzilla cells absorbing the energy of a supernova, SpaceGodzilla is theoretically Star level in terms of power. Heisei Godzilla defeating SpaceGodzilla puts him at Star level according to the article, maybe even Solar System level through his Burning form.

It seems to rely on a fair share of assumptions, though. Again, people tend to take these with a grain of salt, but I thought it was interesting.
Godzilla and his fellow kaiju have never once displayed destructive or durability feats higher than anything in the Multi-City Block level to Small Town level (low yield single digit kilotons of TNT) range. Those articles are pure fan-wankery and shouldn't be taken seriously within the slightest.

Saying Godzilla is a planet or star buster is like saying Goku is a multiverse buster.

ZillaJr-KaijuKing
G-Force Personnel

Gerdzerl wrote: Godzilla and his fellow kaiju have never once displayed destructive or durability feats higher than anything in the Multi-City Block level to Small Town level (low yield single digit kilotons of TNT) range. Those articles are pure fan-wankery and shouldn't be taken seriously within the slightest.

Saying Godzilla is a planet or star buster is like saying Goku is a multiverse buster.
Yeah, I saw a lot of generous assumptions in some of the Godzilla articles. Legendary Pictures Godzilla was said to have a Mountain-level (as in, destroying a mountain in one hit) atomic breath through power-scaling from the male MUTO. Also Mountain-level durability through that same power-scaling. Showa King Ghidorah's beams were said to be Country-level despite having trouble breaking a rock that Rodan was hiding behind.

Gerdzerl

Post by Gerdzerl »

ZillaJr-KaijuKing wrote:
Gerdzerl wrote: Godzilla and his fellow kaiju have never once displayed destructive or durability feats higher than anything in the Multi-City Block level to Small Town level (low yield single digit kilotons of TNT) range. Those articles are pure fan-wankery and shouldn't be taken seriously within the slightest.

Yeah, I saw a lot of generous assumptions in some of the Godzilla articles. Legendary Pictures Godzilla was said to have a Mountain-level (as in, destroying a mountain in one hit) atomic breath through power-scaling from the male MUTO. Also Mountain-level durability through that same power-scaling. Showa King Ghidorah's beams were said to be Country-level despite having trouble breaking a rock that Rodan was hiding behind.
They were probably assuming Godzilla and co. could control the area of effect of their attacks like a DBZ character does with ki control.

ZillaJr-KaijuKing
G-Force Personnel

Gerdzerl wrote: They were probably assuming Godzilla and co. could control the area of effect of their attacks like a DBZ character does with ki control.
That was brought up. There was too much vagueness and speculation with the Godzilla characters, though.

Inferno Rodan
Futurian

Post by Inferno Rodan »

ZillaJr-KaijuKing wrote:This would require that the meteor be 3/5 the size of Earth.
That's not even remotely correct. The friggin Moon is only like 1/6 the size of the Earth. Hell, the asteroid that wiped out the dinosaurs was "only" about the size of Mt. Everest.
"The rantings of an upjumped zealot make for tedious listening." - Grigori, Dragon's Dogma

Gerdzerl

Post by Gerdzerl »

Inferno Rodan wrote:
ZillaJr-KaijuKing wrote:This would require that the meteor be 3/5 the size of Earth.
That's not even remotely correct. The friggin Moon is only like 1/6 the size of the Earth. Hell, the asteroid that wiped out the dinosaurs was "only" about the size of Mt. Everest.
They assumed that "destroying the Earth" meant overcoming the planet's gravitational binding energy and literally destroying the entirety of it beyond repair, permanently, because of the Cosmos stating that "the Earth is a living being".

ZillaJr-KaijuKing
G-Force Personnel

Gerdzerl wrote: They assumed that "destroying the Earth" meant overcoming the planet's gravitational binding energy and literally destroying the entirety of it beyond repair, permanently, because of the Cosmos stating that "the Earth is a living being".
That's exactly what they assumed. I think someone said that this would require a meteor 3/5 the size of Earth. I wouldn't really know about that.

Guess what? MOGUERA is possibly at star levels of power because it injured SpaceGodzilla. -_-

Gerdzerl

Post by Gerdzerl »

ZillaJr-KaijuKing wrote:
Gerdzerl wrote: They assumed that "destroying the Earth" meant overcoming the planet's gravitational binding energy and literally destroying the entirety of it beyond repair, permanently, because of the Cosmos stating that "the Earth is a living being".
That's exactly what they assumed. I think someone said that this would require a meteor 3/5 the size of Earth. I wouldn't really know about that.

Guess what? MOGUERA is possibly at star levels of power because it injured SpaceGodzilla. -_-
It probably would, though. Earth is believed to have been once impacted by Theia, an object the size of Mars, over 4.5 billion years ago. The Earth is still here, so...

Star busting Moguera omfg. :lol:

EmperorGhidorah
Gotengo Officer

Post by EmperorGhidorah »

Spiral Rays

- punched through Super Mechagodzilla's diamond-beam-absorbing armor
- overpowered the Mega Buster Ray
- floored a 150,482 toned SMG and, for a brief moment, appears to have lifted SMG off the ground
- blasted what appears to be a small trench in the ground when it was dragged across the ground in front of SMG (subjective point)
- covered SMG's body in a massive explosion
- blew up Moguera's head in one shot, which had earlier sustained hits from SG's Corona Beam IIRC
- caused explosions (yes actual explosions not just plumes of fire) about the size of Destroyah.
"In the Name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished to eternal damnation. Amen."