Did MG2 kill RadoGoji?

Discuss and analyze various feats!
Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Did MG2 kill RadoGoji?

Post by Kaijunator »

Since this has sparked an argument in the LPG nuke thread, I made a thread so we can discuss it more.

He did. The G-Crusher paralyzed him from the waist down. The upper body was free to move. The weapons finished him off.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)
Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

EmperorGhidorah
Gotengo Officer

Re: Did MG2 kill RadoGoji?

Post by EmperorGhidorah »

How could the weapons finish him off I godzilla had previously taaken them with little to no injury?

And this should go in the Heisei series forum section.
"In the Name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished to eternal damnation. Amen."

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

EmperorGhidorah wrote:How could the weapons finish him off I godzilla had previously taaken them with little to no injury?

We also have a thread to discuss MGII.

No, because if MG2 is used in an FM, then arguments will break out about MG2's power.

Little to no injury? Haha!
Godzilla was in pain when the Mega-Buster hit him. The PG knocked him down and threw him around. The shock anchors were doing what KG did.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)
Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

EmperorGhidorah
Gotengo Officer

Kaijunator wrote:
EmperorGhidorah wrote:How could the weapons finish him off I godzilla had previously taaken them with little to no injury?

We also have a thread to discuss MGII.

No, because if MG2 is used in an FM, then arguments will break out about MG2's power.

Little to no injury? Haha!
Godzilla was in pain when the Mega-Buster hit him. The PG knocked him down and threw him around. The shock anchors were doing what KG did.
Did it put him on death's doorstep? Did it put huge craters in him?

No. No it most certainly didn't. So it doesn't make sense for it kill him.
"In the Name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished to eternal damnation. Amen."

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

Emperor. If you destroy a brain, the creature's dead. Even a secondary brain. And even then, it was destroyed by Shock anchors, which burried themselves deep enough in Godzilla's body to get to said second brain. Godzilla was paralyzed from the mid spine down. Then MGII kept electricuting him and blasting him. He died. Rodan's energy revived him.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

EmperorGhidorah
Gotengo Officer

^Nope. You can have a part of your brain destroyed and still alive on. Its not like heisei Godzilla's brain was completely annihilated. A good majority of it was still intact.

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

EmperorGhidorah wrote:^Nope. You can have a part of your brain destroyed and still alive on. Its not like heisei Godzilla's brain was completely annihilated. A good majority of it was still intact.
It wasn't PART of a brain. The whole fucking thing exploded. You can see it on the X-ray goggles Miki v.2 was wearing. It fucking exploded, strands of it going everywhere inside the body.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

Inferno Rodan
Futurian

Post by Inferno Rodan »

Thank you for making this thread, Kaijunator. I was about to make a post in the other thread telling people to get back on topic.
LamangoKaijura wrote:Emperor. If you destroy a brain, the creature's dead. Even a secondary brain. And even then, it was destroyed by Shock anchors, which burried themselves deep enough in Godzilla's body to get to said second brain. Godzilla was paralyzed from the mid spine down. Then MGII kept electricuting him and blasting him. He died. Rodan's energy revived him.
You misunderstand the supposed function of the pelvic ganglion. It's not an ACTUAL brain, i.e. thinking and controlling essential bodily functions like heartbeat and breathing. It's just a nerve cluster that amplifies signals coming from the brain to the lower body, and vice versa. Destroying it would be akin to severing the spinal cord in the lower back.
"The rantings of an upjumped zealot make for tedious listening." - Grigori, Dragon's Dogma

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

So was he dead or not, IR.

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

Wasn't the PG apart of the o slaughter that finished off Godzilla? That thing alone could probably have done it in his weakened state, let's no forget about the shock anchors that were STILL in his body and the plethora of beams that blasted him. I seriously doubt he survived this

On a cinematography standpoint, they would have had a big scene(if he was indeed still alive) showing Godzilla struggling to get up or crying out helplessly in pain to invoke some emotional response from the audience.

Also EG you don't have to blast craters into something in order to kill it...that's completely not neccasary
Resized Image

EmperorGhidorah
Gotengo Officer

Beef Bigshot wrote:Wasn't the PG apart of the o slaughter that finished off Godzilla? That thing alone could probably have done it in his weakened state, let's no forget about the shock anchors that were STILL in his body and the plethora of beams that blasted him. I seriously doubt he survived this

On a cinematography standpoint, they would have had a big scene(if he was indeed still alive) showing Godzilla struggling to get up or crying out helplessly in pain to invoke some emotional response from the audience.

Also EG you don't have to blast craters into something in order to kill it...that's completely not neccasary
No sh...

I know that. But a monster with super durablitiy and regen who takes beams with little to no injury is suddenly killed by them. Doesn't really make sense. Being paralyzed doesn't really make you any less durable. Especially when said durability is backed with insane regen.

MM The Destroyer
Terminated
Terminated

Post by MM The Destroyer »

EmperorGhidorah wrote:
Beef Bigshot wrote:Wasn't the PG apart of the o slaughter that finished off Godzilla? That thing alone could probably have done it in his weakened state, let's no forget about the shock anchors that were STILL in his body and the plethora of beams that blasted him. I seriously doubt he survived this

No sh...

I know that. But a monster with super durablitiy and regen who takes beams with little to no injury is suddenly killed by them. Doesn't really make sense. Being paralyzed doesn't really make you any less durable. Especially when said durability is backed with insane regen.
Exactly when did Godzilla ever endure the sheer amount of firepower MechaGodzilla possessed prior to the all-out assault? Never, that's when. Not before and not after.

The problem with being a damage sponge is the same as any sponge: it can soak up a lot but it eventually can't take any more.
I'm Back... for a... Damn it, I lost count!
Godzelda wrote:
Inferno Rodan wrote:But regardless, what on earth makes you think that, say, Spacegodzilla's Corona beam, which penetrated Godzilla's hide on more than one occasion, is more damaging than a nuke on a point-for-point basis?
It hurt Godzilla. That's why I think that.

TK's #1 most reported, popular, hated, loved, sarcastic kaiju pleb.

EmperorGhidorah
Gotengo Officer

MM The Destroyer wrote:
EmperorGhidorah wrote:

No sh...

Exactly when did Godzilla ever endure the sheer amount of firepower MechaGodzilla possessed prior to the all-out assault? Never, that's when. Not before and not after.

The problem with being a damage sponge is the same as any sponge: it can soak up a lot but it eventually can't take any more.
It...it...all they did was knock him over and make a few superficial wounds. Wounds that heisei G healed instantly. That's, spoiler alert, called enduring. Hell, that's a lot better than enduring.

That was the most MG's arsenal had done up to the destruction of Heisei G secondary brain.

Gojira tai Mosura
G-Grasper

Post by Gojira tai Mosura »

EmperorGhidorah wrote: It...it...all they did was knock him over and make a few superficial wounds.
Congratulations. You just made the Corona Beam one of the weakest beams in the universe. All it did was make M.O.G.U.E.R.A and Godzilla tip over and stumble around.
Same with the Spiral Ray. All it did to SpaceGodzilla was make him stumble about until he crashed on the ground and it did hardly anything to Destoroyah.
Godzilla's Atomic Breath did absolutely nothing to King Ghidorah, same as King Ghidorah's Gravity Bolts. All they did was make Godzilla tip over.
The Plasma Grenade caused Rodan to bleed from all over his chest and go flying into a building with one hit. But because it only caused Heisei Godzilla to tip over, it's a weak-ass beam, despite the fact that Rodan and Godzilla are pretty much equals in that film.
Battra and Mothra's beams left no visible damage. Those are weak too, obviously.
Oh, and here's the best one: Godzilla Final Wars' beam never did any visible damage on a single monster it hit on film. People constantly argue over whether or not that beam is strong, but you know what? Nope. You just clearly disproved it!

So by that logic, all of the above beams are weak because they did not make another monster bleed instantaneously.

That is some seriously messed up logic, basically meaning that every single beam weapon in the Heisei Franchise has no effect on the other monsters and as such is a pathetic weapon.
Gojira Tai Mosura: Clumsiest Toho Kingdom Member Ever.
I disappear for fifteen thousand minutes, come back for two seconds.

EmperorGhidorah
Gotengo Officer

Gojira tai Mosura wrote:
EmperorGhidorah wrote: It...it...all they did was knock him over and make a few superficial wounds.
Congratulations. You just made the Corona Beam one of the weakest beams in the universe. All it did was make M.O.G.U.E.R.A and Godzilla tip over and stumble around.
Same with the Spiral Ray. All it did to SpaceGodzilla was make him stumble about until he crashed on the ground and it did hardly anything to Destoroyah.
Godzilla's Atomic Breath did absolutely nothing to King Ghidorah, same as King Ghidorah's Gravity Bolts. All they did was make Godzilla tip over.
The Plasma Grenade caused Rodan to bleed from all over his chest and go flying into a building with one hit. But because it only caused Heisei Godzilla to tip over, it's a weak-ass beam, despite the fact that Rodan and Godzilla are pretty much equals in that film.
Battra and Mothra's beams left no visible damage. Those are weak too, obviously.
Oh, and here's the best one: Godzilla Final Wars' beam never did any visible damage on a single monster it hit on film. People constantly argue over whether or not that beam is strong, but you know what? Nope. You just clearly disproved it!

So by that logic, all of the above beams are weak because they did not make another monster bleed instantaneously.

That is some seriously messed up logic, basically meaning that every single beam weapon in the Heisei Franchise has no effect on the other monsters and as such is a pathetic weapon.
What the...

I want you to go through my posts and quote where I said that any of MG's weapons were weak. Come on. Right now. Do it. Show me where you got such an absurd conclusion from.

I said MG's weapons knocked heisei G over and made a few superficial wounds on him. And guess what? That's impressive considering how durable heisei Godzilla is. Stop reading only what you want to see.

I said heisei Godzilla easily enduring MG's beams up until the destruction of his secondary brain as evidence for being killed by the same beam doesn't make sense. That's it. Period. How you came to this absurd conclusion from all of that is beyond me.

Gojira tai Mosura
G-Grasper

Post by Gojira tai Mosura »

EmperorGhidorah wrote:
Gojira tai Mosura wrote:

What the...

I want you to go through my posts and quote where I said that any of MG's weapons were weak. Come on. Right now. Do it. Show me where you got such an absurd conclusion from.

I said MG's weapons knocked heisei G over and made a few superficial wounds on him. And guess what? That's impressive considering how durable heisei Godzilla is. Stop reading only what you want to see.

I said heisei Godzilla easily enduring MG's beams up until the destruction of his secondary brain as evidence for being killed by the same beam doesn't make sense. That's it. Period. How you came to this absurd conclusion from all of that is beyond me.
You want proof?
EmperorGhidorah wrote:
MM The Destroyer wrote: The problem with being a damage sponge is the same as any sponge: it can soak up a lot but it eventually can't take any more.
It...it...all they did was knock him over and make a few superficial wounds.

That was the most MG's arsenal had done up to the destruction of Heisei G secondary brain.
Before you start telling people that they "read what they only want to see" and that their conclusions are "absurd" re-read what you post. Think for a moment and contemplate "How would people interpret this?"
Wording like that is how you sound like you're saying "The weapons are weak and dealt little to no damage". I'm aware of the whole argument that was going on beforehand, and the whole enduring thing, but honestly you're making it sound like Heisei Godzilla enduring all of that despite the fact that he was having serious trouble doing so is simple because the beams dealt little damage.
I apologize for the sarcasm, and I've sent you a message to keep this post short.
Gojira Tai Mosura: Clumsiest Toho Kingdom Member Ever.
I disappear for fifteen thousand minutes, come back for two seconds.

EmperorGhidorah
Gotengo Officer

You want proof?
EmperorGhidorah wrote:
MM The Destroyer wrote: The problem with being a damage sponge is the same as any sponge: it can soak up a lot but it eventually can't take any more.
It...it...all they did was knock him over and make a few superficial wounds.

Before you start telling people that they "read what they only want to see" and that their conclusions are "absurd" re-read what you post. Think for a moment and contemplate "How would people interpret this?"
Wording like that is how you sound like you're saying "The weapons are weak and dealt little to no damage". I'm aware of the whole argument that was going on beforehand, and the whole enduring thing, but honestly you're making it sound like Heisei Godzilla enduring all of that despite the fact that he was having serious trouble doing so is simple because the beams dealt little damage.
I apologize for the sarcasm, and I've sent you a message to keep this post short.
The post you quoted was not, at all, stating MG's arsenal was weak. I merely implied that MG's beams weren't particularly effective against Godzilla, which is quite frankly true. So next.

The fact that it did injury heisei G is impresssive as you can count the number of beams, on one hand, that have visibly injured a godzilla. You can also count the number of beams, on one hand, that have lifted a heavy Godzilla off the ground, which the PG did. This fact that also makes his PG impressive. But that was the most PG's beams did to Godzilla.

I did not insult you or name call you. My posts are dedicated entirely to critizing your arguments.

Inferno Rodan
Futurian

Post by Inferno Rodan »

LamangoKaijura wrote:So was he dead or not, IR.
I doubt it. The fact that he was revived by Rodan points to him still being alive, even if just barely. You can't revive things that are dead, after all.

Now, WOULD Godzilla have died without Rodan's interruption? Yes. I don't think there's much debating that.
"The rantings of an upjumped zealot make for tedious listening." - Grigori, Dragon's Dogma

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

Inferno Rodan wrote:
LamangoKaijura wrote:So was he dead or not, IR.
I doubt it. The fact that he was revived by Rodan points to him still being alive, even if just barely. You can't revive things that are dead, after all.

Now, WOULD Godzilla have died without Rodan's interruption? Yes. I don't think there's much debating that.
I like your opinion, but what do you mean you can't revive things that are dead? I rarely hear the word "receive" ever used in the context of not bringing someone back from death
Resized Image

Inferno Rodan
Futurian

Post by Inferno Rodan »

Beef Bigshot wrote:I like your opinion, but what do you mean you can't revive things that are dead? I rarely hear the word "receive" ever used in the context of not bringing someone back from death
Brink of death =/= dead. You can revive someone on the brink of death with CPR. CPR does not work on a corpse. And when you're talking about something like Godzilla, it takes a hell of a lot to turn him into a corpse.