The Kaiju Kolosseum (Main Thread)

Participate FM Tournaments and see who is the best of the best!
GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Re: The Kaiju Kolosseum (Main Thread)

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Nagoda wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:17 pm Can I have a monster evolve without the Evolution Item if one of the opponents or lackeys has the means to evolve them? Asking for Bogarmons.
Yes, the same rule which means that GMK Ghidorah can become King Ghidorah with another Yamato Guardian on his team applies here.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Is there a possibility of Kiryu going berserk if he fights another Godzilla? Would that hinder or boost Kiryu's fighting ability?
For Emperor and Empire!

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

VoyagerGoji wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:16 pm Is there a possibility of Kiryu going berserk if he fights another Godzilla? Would that hinder or boost Kiryu's fighting ability?
Yes, Kiryu can go berserk. Whether it helps or hurts him? I’ll leave that to be debated.
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

HillyHulk
Gotengo Officer

Post by HillyHulk »

I'm going to go with Gigan (Millennium) thanks to tag team experience, long range advantage, and flight.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

I'll take RPO MechaGodzilla. Question though, would the Female MUTO's EMP knock him out or does it only work on enemies? If it also effects him, I'll take Barugon instead.
Last edited by Breakdown on Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Breakdown wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:50 am I'll take RPO MechaGodzilla. Question though, would the Female MUTO's EMP knock him out or does it only work on enemies? If it also effects him, I'll take Barugon instead.
EMPs do not affect machines on your own team.
KWCE Administrator

shippersdreamer
Interpol Agent

Post by shippersdreamer »

I'll take Jiger as my new lackey!
"Look out, it's the most fearsome monster on the planet! Gezora..."

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

I choose Mothra (2003) as my lackey, though quick clarification, is it Imago or the Larva pair?

RIP Evan.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:45 pm I choose Mothra (2003) as my lackey, though quick clarification, is it Imago or the Larva pair?
Imago.
KWCE Administrator

SoggyNoodles2016

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:46 pm
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:45 pm I choose Mothra (2003) as my lackey, though quick clarification, is it Imago or the Larva pair?
Imago.
Nice, thats what I was hoping for

RIP Evan.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Time for picking new lackeys is up. Due to not selecting in time, a random lackey has been selected for GmkGoji. As well, with everyone’s lackey selected, the filler team’s second lackey has also been randomly selected.

Added in 40 minutes 18 seconds:
All matches of the second round have been posted. This round will last 1 week.
KWCE Administrator

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Kiryu2012 and I need tiebreakers since both our threats only got one reply that wasn't a self-vote.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Breakdown wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:18 pm Kiryu2012 and I need tiebreakers since both our threats only got one reply that wasn't a self-vote.
The round lasts a week. If it’s still a tie by Monday, I will cast a vote to break the tie.
KWCE Administrator

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Hello everyone! I’ve come to make an announcement of a shift in plans regarding this tourney. Not a major one, don’t worry, it’s a simple change that just serves to make things run smoother.

So, after the end of this round, which will be Monday night as already planned, you all will not be picking a new lackey to add to your team. Instead of having you all gather up a horde of lackeys but restraining you to three a match for the moment, you will do as such.

Your teams remain composed of three right now. For every two people eliminated from the tourney, one slot is added to everyone’s team. At the end of this round and every round where you are at the limit, you may either swap one lackey on your team out for another that is unclaimed, do nothing if you think your team is fine as is, or spend 100 points to replace your leader.

Rules for items have not changed, the same day-long wait without votes is given to any matches with players with items, but now that wait only applies to those and everyone else can go right on ahead as soon as the match’s posted.

As well, I am thinking of shortening round length to five days instead of a full week, the remaining two days still being used for what I described above. Just because like, people usually aren’t even voting in the last two or so days of the round, and this makes things less jumbled by having every round start and end at the same time. This isn’t finalized yet, but will be by the time this round ends, so just don’t be surprised.
KWCE Administrator

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Demon Lord Gira »

Might I make a suggestion for future rounds? As it stands, most people simply frontload their votes in, and any future discussion is irrelevant because people voted and they move on to do other stuff. Perhaps the first few days of a round can be used purely for debate and discussion, them after three or.so days, voting can be allowed to begin? That way, all arguments have been laid out so people voting can see everything that has been presented to make an informed vote. It also avoids all subsequent discussion being useless because people already voted day 1 and wandered away for a week or so. This was how prior tournaments hosted by MM were done, so there is precedent...
Last edited by Demon Lord Gira on Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Giratina93 wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:06 am -snip-
A very solid suggestion, I will definitely consider implementing it.
KWCE Administrator

SoggyNoodles2016

Giratina93 wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:06 am Might I make a suggestion for future rounds? As it stands, most people simply frontload their votes in, and any future discussion is irrelevant because people voted and they move on to do other stuff. Perhaps the first few days of a round can be used purely for debate and discussion, them after three or.so days, voting can be allowed to begin? That way, all arguments have been laid out so people voting can see everything that has been presented to make an informed vote. It also avoids all subsequent discussion being useless because people already voted day 1 and wandered away for a week or so. This was how prior tournaments hosted by MM were done, so there is precedent...
I second this.

RIP Evan.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Alright, I will test this out. The first three days of round 3 will have no voting and will just be people laying out their reasoning and discussions. The remainder of the round, people can vote. We’ll see how this pans out, if it goes great, this rule will remain, and if it goes poorly, round 4 and beyond will do away with this and voting will be possible from the beginning. We’ll also see how long the discussion and voting actually lasts with this rule in place, because if it continues to be as it is where the last few days of the round are just dead air, than rounds will be shortened to five days instead of a full week.
KWCE Administrator

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Round 2 is over! Two days until round 3 begins, you all know what to do.

Winners of round 2:
Breakdown
FatBaconUnicorn
HillyHulk
MoarCrossovers
SoggyNoodles2016
UltimateDitto
Filler Team
KWCE Administrator

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

I will use my 100 points to change leaders to Mothra Leo, since more than half the opposing leaders are a Godzilla which Bogal will not beat, and cause Desghidorah continuously mocks me with his wins for not choosing him.
Last edited by Nagoda on Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A reminder to watch Chouseishin Gransazers.
_______
A semi-talented Chibi who is always tired.