Monster Mayhem Boss Round: GodzillavsRayquaza vs. MOGUERA

Participate FM Tournaments and see who is the best of the best!
Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Monster Mayhem Boss Round: GodzillavsRayquaza vs. MOGUERA

Post by Coobzilla03 »

MOGUERA

GodzillavsRayquaza
- Godzilla (GMK)
- Titanosaurus
- Mothra (1964)
- Megalon
- Kumonga (Showa)

Arena: Solgell Island (SOG)

Voting may begin!
Resized Image

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Monster Mayhem Boss Round: GodzillavsRayquaza vs. MOGUERA

Post by Demon Lord Gira »

GMK Godzilla is not beating Moguera. He just ISN'T, and for more reasons than "Moguera drills a hole in his neck and Godzilla blows himself up." GMK Goji lacks the means and the firepower to put down robo-penguin.

That said, the rest of GvR's team DOES have what it takes. Titanosaurus is a juggernaut of physical strength that is more than capable of putting down the machine... if he can close the distance. The problem is, Titano and beams do not mix, and Moguera has PLENTY of beams. Kumonga... can't really do much here, Megalon can help with his stuff, and Mothra's there for moral support. Really, it comes down to Megalon and Titano being able to beat robo-penguin up at the cost of their allies and leader... and that's a pretty big if.

Abstaining for the moment, but I'll edit this in later once I think this over more.
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

This is an excellent match! Both sides are fairly evenly matched. I think the MOGUERA has the firepower to take GodzillavsRayquaza's team out... but I think they have the scrappy underdog potential to win, too.

The unexpected MVP is Meglaon. He has a good share of the necessary firepower, the ability to follow burrowing MOGUERA underground, the ability to go drill-for-drill, and- despite his reputation- a high damage threshold (we never even saw what it takes to put him out for the count). His flighty behavior when undirected is the wild-card here...

Kumonga and Mothra are basically deadweight. Even so, MOGUERA getting dogpiled by the ranged weaponry of the others could be its undoing. It would be more effective if it split up; Star Falcon strafing its targets, the lower half playing tag with Megalon underground. But even here, Mothra and high-jumping Kumonga could play a role, knocking Star Falcon out of the sky for the others to get a good shot at. (If they're already down, Titanosaurus might even manage it, between his jumps and hurricane-force winds to down the flier).

It'll be close... but I think GodzillavsRayquaza can take this.
Last edited by Zarm on Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

GMK has enough fire power to deal with Moguera, but I agree that he wouldn't be able to beat Moguera by himself. After being hit by some powerful plasma laser shots, Godzilla would counter with the atomic ray that would no doubt damage Moguera greatly, even with the spiral grenade missiles, GMK would just blow them up with his faster atomic ray. The plasma cannon and crusher drill are the weapons that give Moguera the win here, but he takes a lot of damage from GMK.

Titanosaurus could provide great aid for GMK, easily throwing around Moguera while GMK spits out a more powerful atomic ray. Energy weapons aren't Titanosaurus friend, but I think he can tank some laser shots before going unconscious.

Megalon would serve to just weaken and weaken Moguera with energy bolts and napalm, if Moguera takes to the sky, Megalon will ground the machine.
I do believe GodzillavsRayquaza can pull off the win here!
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

I don't know if I'm allowed to actually vote, not being a participant in the tournament, but I feel the need to object to Kumonga being totally written off here. I haven't seen him in action for a while, but his webbing did a decent job of restraining or at least slowing down Godzilla and Ghidorah, right? So isn't it possible that a decent coating of the stuff could prevent MOGUERA from splitting into its two halves? Or possibly gum up its joints and restrict mobility in general? And I don't think MOGUERA has any means of removing the webbing, either, lacking usable limbs.

And IIRC, Kumonga was able to shrug off a few atomic rays, and it took Minya's additional firepower to finally put him down. So he can probably tank a few beams from MOGUERA, if he has to.

He certainly doesn't have the tools to win this alone, but I think he could be a valuable support asset for his team, helping to slow MOGUERA down or just absorb punishment while the others do the actual damage.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Considering the webing's vulnerability to heat, I'd think most of MOGUERA's weapons could obliterate it. I do think Kumonga could absorb a few hits.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

JAGzilla wrote:I don't know if I'm allowed to actually vote...
You can't vote, but you can debate and try to convince others of who would win and such.
Resized Image

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

^ Okay, thanks.

I'm a little rusty on MOGUERA's exact capabilities, but are any of its weapons actually positioned in such a way that they could hit webbing that's already attached to its body, and especially do so without damaging itself? Maybe it could keep the weapons themselves clear, or burn webbing out of the air as it's being fired, but if Kumonga strikes while MOGUERA is distracted by someone else, the mech has a good chance of getting plastered.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Possibly not, barring firing the spiral missiles itself. However, I would find a scenario in which the web can immobilize MOGUERA (a little skeptical on that point), quickly and fully enough that it doesn't have the chance to fly, burrow, separate, or otherwise escape this trap and clean itself off (or just 'before it kills Kumonga'), to be an unlikely one.

I mean, it's not like I'm not already voting for GodzillavsRayquaza anyway... :)

Maranatha!