Godzilla Singular Point FULL SPOILERS AHEAD

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Re: Godzilla S.P. Weekly Spoiler Thread (Episode 1 to 3)

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

shadowgigan wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:37 am Was that Titanosaurus or Manda? It was odd to hear the Godzilla theme playing.
The former.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

I watched 2 episodes on YouTube and my thoughts are their pretty interesting, Gonna wait until the 3rd episode released on YouTube. I really do wonder how the monsters came to be.

Desghidorah
G-Grasper

Post by Desghidorah »

Waiting for episode 3, but I'll be quite eager to see the explanation for how the Rodan designs changed so much. The new look basically confirms to me what I've suspected for a long time. There are ways you can inject realism into monster designs without upending the core traits of that monster. It's still clearly Rodan, but the stance, beak shape, head size, and shape are much more in line with an accurate pterodactyloid. And because this is obviously fantasy and not trying to be realistic, smaller accuracy nitpicks like the teeth can be easily handwaved.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

So I watched all 3 episodes, and I left with more questions than anything. Why do the Rodans just drop dead after a while? Why did Titanosaurus (or what we think is Titanosaurus) have Godzilla's theme? What was a Godzilla skeleton doing in the basement of that building? What's the connection between Rodan, Godzilla, Titanosaurus and this red fog? I need to knooooooowww!!!!
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Breakdown wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:13 pm So I watched all 3 episodes, and I left with more questions than anything. Why do the Rodans just drop dead after a while? Why did Titanosaurus (or what we think is Titanosaurus) have Godzilla's theme? What was a Godzilla skeleton doing in the basement of that building? What's the connection between Rodan, Godzilla, Titanosaurus and this red fog? I need to knooooooowww!!!!
My working theory is that the Rodan might be sacrifices for Godzilla. It’s mentioned in the third episode, but the ones from the swarm have unusually small stomachs. It’s possible they die of starvation. Therefore they can only fly and exist for a short time. Notice how the blood drips down into the soil. There’s something to do with heat as well, but it may also be their bodies are filled with literal Radon.

The first one that appeared in the first and second episode is a bit different, I sort of see it as starting the swarm and being the herald. It was drawn to the signal, which I think Godzilla’s skeleton is emitting (or the suspicious building). It’s a bit ambiguous why that one does: it’s a blink and you’ll miss it moment, but that’s Rodan actually took a pretty bad hit from the pincer attack from the truck and Jet Jaguar, And seems like the type of injury that would kill a creature. But then it seems like the death rattle it gave off might have done the trick.

Like Rodan, I’m pretty sure Titanosaurus has been modified to explicitly tie into Godzilla’s birth/mythos and isn’t a guardian like some people predicted.

Seeing the Rodan and monsters in action, I’m happy as of episode 3. Even the smaller Rodan were used effectively and I thought the swarm of them surrounding the bus was a really intense and stressful situation.

Btw, I’m now 100% that Ootaki believes or predicted something like this would happen, and had been preparing for years. He gives Satomi the print, and I believe it’s a legend that’s been passed down. He knows something though, while the rest seem to just be workers.

The mystery hook is good, but I things really kick off in episode 4.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

DynomikeGojira
G-Grasper

Post by DynomikeGojira »

Nice callback to Titanosaurus's first appearance in Terror of MechaGodzilla. LSD Jellyfish is right on the money when saying this is a love letter to the Showa era can't wait to see what happens next

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:53 am
Breakdown wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:13 pm So I watched all 3 episodes, and I left with more questions than anything. Why do the Rodans just drop dead after a while? Why did Titanosaurus (or what we think is Titanosaurus) have Godzilla's theme? What was a Godzilla skeleton doing in the basement of that building? What's the connection between Rodan, Godzilla, Titanosaurus and this red fog? I need to knooooooowww!!!!
Notice how the blood drips down into the soil. There’s something to do with heat as well, but it may also be their bodies are filled with literal Radon.
Is that blood? I thought it was red sand. The suit guy who works with shady mustache guy says something like "there was red sand around our skeleton in the basement too, wasn't there?"
OH NO, IT'S GAWDZILLER!! :D

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Not sure if i can post this but Anime Network has Episode 1 with good subtitles. Nice! Might watch it later.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Man Yun talks faster than shit. Im having a hard time keeping up with the subtitles.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!

BennettCommando
Monarch Researcher

Post by BennettCommando »

I think so far, there are two possibilities.

The “Titanosaurus” is in fact, a form of Godzilla Ultima.

The “Titanosaurus” is NOT a form of Godzilla Ultima, but still has some connection to the latter.

According to the official website, the Rodans we see in episode 3 are the “Adult Forms” of the species. I find it a bit intriguing as this version seems to be smaller than the ones featured in episode 1 and 2.

My theory is that these monsters are from another world, and they evolve to adapt to our environment.I believe that Godzilla Ultima might be one of the first visitors from that world.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

In the trailers and stuff it appears Gabara is being held in some sort of containment unit with a bunch of that red mist. Since they're building a mystery about this Shiva group I wonder if Gabara is connected to them somehow. Maybe he's the result of experiments they're doing with the red mist. It'd be kinda funny is Gabara ends up being a major player in this series. I mean if Jet Jaguar can have a major role then why not him.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

BennettCommando wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:23 am I think so far, there are two possibilities.

The “Titanosaurus” is NOT a form of Godzilla Ultima, but still has some connection to the latter.
Everything points to it being possibility 1. His spines, underbite, the fact that both are seen fighting Manda, and we see Godzilla shedding hardened skin in the OP.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

BennettCommando wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:23 am I think so far, there are two possibilities.

According to the official website, the Rodans we see in episode 3 are the “Adult Forms” of the species. I find it a bit intriguing as this version seems to be smaller than the ones featured in episode 1 and 2.

My theory is that these monsters are from another world, and they evolve to adapt to our environment.I believe that Godzilla Ultima might be one of the first visitors from that world.
Yeah, but it’s also a bit confusing because we see the tails intertwine. I think we may have misinterpreted the scene where Manda attacks Godzilla. It might be something like combining. I really hope that isn’t the case, because I want to see a big Manda vs Godzilla fight.

In regards to the “adult form”, Rodan I wonder too, but I think that that might be another Rodan we haven’t seen yet. There’s still some Rodan in the trailer footage we haven’t seen yet, including the burning one. It’s possible one of the smaller ones will live and get large, and then participate in the big fights.

Ugh, I can’t wait for the next episode!
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Hey guy we got news on release date
https://twitter.com/kaijunewsoutlet/sta ... 33506?s=21

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

So that does clear up a bit of the plot. I think this proves the skeleton comes back to life instead of a new Godzilla evolving. So SP Goji is basically a harbinger of the apocalypse.

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

Wow. Reading all this is getting me hyped! I’m loving the designs, animation, and story from what i’m hearing so far.

Godzilla Ultima is sounding like an incredibly creative and cool new version of Goji too. I hope we get to see a Goji vs Jet Jaguar fight near the end of the series as well

Added in 21 minutes 33 seconds:
Also...is Varan gonna show up? Because i believe this shows up in either the OP or the ED

:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Jermobooka wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:40 am Wow. Reading all this is getting me hyped! I’m loving the designs, animation, and story from what i’m hearing so far.

Godzilla Ultima is sounding like an incredibly creative and cool new version of Goji too. I hope we get to see a Goji vs Jet Jaguar fight near the end of the series as well

Added in 21 minutes 33 seconds:
Also...is Varan gonna show up? Because i believe this shows up in either the OP or the ED

That's the OP. Anyways, I hope he does.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Jermobooka wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:40 am Added in 21 minutes 33 seconds:

Pretty sure it’s “Varan”. That ridge of spikes and the teeth give it away. Also since the series seems to be content with reimagining obscure showa monsters. I’m putting it in quotes on the off chance it turns out to be Varan X Godzilla, and just not explicitly called Varan, which might be the case with Titanosaurus.

I feel like Rodan, Titanosaurus, Varan, in many ways we’re all variations on the original Godzilla concept. So those monsters in the series, thus far, seem to be “thralls” and related to Godzilla. I’m curious, because it seems like Anguirus, Hedorah and co, and even Gabara are completed unrelated.

Speaking of which, Gabara actually gets a weirdly personal moment in the opening which makes me suspect it’ll do a lot. I suspect since Shinva(?) is working with artificial and new elements/materials, Gabara will be a byproduct of that creation.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:39 am Pretty sure it’s “Varan”. That ridge of spikes and the teeth give it away. Also since the series seems to be content with reimagining obscure showa monsters. I’m putting it in quotes on the off chance it turns out to be Varan X Godzilla, and just not explicitly called Varan, which might be the case with Titanosaurus.

I feel like Rodan, Titanosaurus, Varan, in many ways we’re all variations on the original Godzilla concept. So those monsters in the series, thus far, seem to be “thralls” and related to Godzilla. I’m curious, because it seems like Anguirus, Hedorah and co, and even Gabara are completed unrelated.
Interesting. Never caught onto the Rodan, Titano, and Varan connection. I wonder what the deal with the other kaiju is though...are they natural? Or some kind of enemies towards the Godzilla-like kaiju?
Speaking of which, Gabara actually gets a weirdly personal moment in the opening which makes me suspect it’ll do a lot. I suspect since Shinva(?) is working with artificial and new elements/materials, Gabara will be a byproduct of that creation.
Gabara’s finally gonna be significant in some way after all these years :lol:
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Greatly enjoyed episode three, Rodan was fantastic! I see no reason why people should complain about his first design in the show when we get this second one that's esstentially Showa '56, complete with the mahogany color & black eyes. If anything, I think it's neat how we got a radical design and a stylized classic one in the same show.

Yun's cunning idea to distract the flock of Rodan's with elevated radio waves came in handy, I'm sure he'll continue to come up with something smart when Anguirus comes around. Especially since he's noticing the predictions coming true.

Now..... Godzilla's theme playing when "Titanosaurus" appears... very interesting.

Was that a rendition of MAT's theme from Ultraman Jack when they were driving off on that scooter? After the bus encounter?
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos