How Could Past Monsters Be Revisited in the Reiwa Era?

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Re: Reiwa Mechagodzilla: How do you want him?

Post by tbeasley »

I really dig the Noriyoshi Ohrai design so something like that for a manmade Mechagodzilla would be pretty cool.

I also like this Yoji Shinkawa kinda/sorta Mechagodzilla design for a more futuristic high-tech look.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Here's an idea : What of a future version of Mechagodzilla was given a black hole-based weapon? I mean, in the past, he's been given a freeze-based weapon and the aliens who built the Showa version of the character had a black-hole motif going on. Plus, don't act like artificial black holes haven't been a thing in this franchise before.

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

^ I get the feeling the Simians would shy away from creating black holes.

Desghidorah
G-Grasper

Post by Desghidorah »

Said it before and I'll say it again. I think it's high-time to dust off the old Godzilla vs. Berserk concept and have it be living machinery assembling their own body.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Desghidorah wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:40 pm Said it before and I'll say it again. I think it's high-time to dust off the old Godzilla vs. Berserk concept and have it be living machinery assembling their own body.
Berserk is essentially what MG would be in the Shin-verse. Regardless, I am with you 100%.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Rodan in the Reiwa era

Post by LegendZilla »

Let me continue the trend of speculating as to how you would think the best way to handle classic kaiju characters in this new era. This time, I would like to discuss the most neglected of Toho's big 5, that being Rodan himself. What things do you think should be done with him?

I have a list of ideas :

1. Give him his own heat-ray attack again like in '93.
2. Maybe give him a mate like he did in '56.
3. Pit him in a battle against maser canons (which surprisingly never happened in the long history of this franchise).
4. Give him his own solo rampage on Tokyo.
5. Most importantly give him the same love and respect as Ghidorah and Mothra.

Those are my ideas. Do you have your own? If anyone already made a thread like this, I apologize.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

Denis
Monsterland Worker

Re: Reiwa Ghidorah: How do you want him?

Post by Denis »

I would make him more intimidating, probably similar to “Shin” in terms of design. Maybe having wings similar to the MonsterVerse Ghidorah. I want this Ghidorah to be the destroyer of worlds and worshipped as a god like in the anime trilogy.

Denis
Monsterland Worker

Post by Denis »

I would like to see a Mechagodzilla incarnation maybe with the mix of Kiryu and probably Heisei Mechagodzilla. And have a tail blade, but it can change shape, would be cool in my opinion. Like the anime counterpart, I would actually like for it to be made of nanometal, probably have like a prototype some kind of hard diamond, and then the more advanced Mechagodzilla is made of nanometal.

Denis
Monsterland Worker

Re: Rodan in the Reiwa era

Post by Denis »

I like SP Rodan’s design. My idea would to add the magma system structure like they did on MV Rodan to the hypothetical Rodan. I would stick to the longer head, but I would make it a bit more robust, not by much though. My idea is to have Rodan have a fire breath as well, but he would rarely use it only for like in a dire situation. For his origins, I would make it similar to the MV Rodan, a species that’s adapted to surviving in volcanic environments. Maybe add the mix of being irradiated from nuclear weapons.

Voyager
Keizer

Re: Rodan in the Reiwa era

Post by Voyager »

Didn’t we already have a thread like this?
For Emperor and Empire!

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

Last few posts sound like Anime Mechagodzilla if we actually got to see him in action.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

LegendZilla wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:59 pm Here's an idea : What of a future version of Mechagodzilla was given a black hole-based weapon? I mean, in the past, he's been given a freeze-based weapon and the aliens who built the Showa version of the character had a black-hole motif going on. Plus, don't act like artificial black holes haven't been a thing in this franchise before.
This sort of happened in the Half Century War comics. The Dimension Tide was used to open a black hole, and then Kiryu and Godzilla drove Ghidorah and Gigan into said hole. The DT wasn't actually attached to Kiryu, but cooperating with him, so close enough. Having a weapon like that on board a mech sounds a little too risky, really.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

I feel like a Mechagodzilla that would host some unique weapon could be pretty cool though. Maybe he could have the Oxygen Destroyer as some kinda last restort?

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

JAGzilla
Sazer

Re: Reiwa Rodan: How do you want him?

Post by JAGzilla »

I thought of some potential abilities that Rodan could have in the future. What if they make him a mockingbird, able to imitate the sounds of other kaiju? That could fit his cocky jerk personality: his enemy dramatically roars to challenge or intimidate him, and Rodan throws back a mangled, sarcastic version of that roar just to make them mad. Maybe he even laughs afterward, for good measure; I'd like to see him be able to laugh again. This ability could be used tactically, too: in a fight against multiple opponents, Rodan could imitate their sounds to help confuse them or disrupt their ability to communicate. For example, Megalon hears Gigan's squawk coming from behind him, turns around expecting to see his ally, and Rodan sucker-punches him.

A ventriloquist-like ability to throw his voice would be useful, too. Combine that with his maneuverability and intelligence, and he could keep his opponents guessing as to where he is, especially in conditions with limited visibility, allowing him to hit them from unexpected angles.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

JAGzilla wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:11 pm I thought of some potential abilities that Rodan could have in the future. What if they make him a mockingbird, able to imitate the sounds of other kaiju? That could fit his cocky jerk personality: his enemy dramatically roars to challenge or intimidate him, and Rodan throws back a mangled, sarcastic version of that roar just to make them mad. Maybe he even laughs afterward, for good measure; I'd like to see him be able to laugh again. This ability could be used tactically, too: in a fight against multiple opponents, Rodan could imitate their sounds to help confuse them or disrupt their ability to communicate. For example, Megalon hears Gigan's squawk coming from behind him, turns around expecting to see his ally, and Rodan sucker-punches him.

A ventriloquist-like ability to throw his voice would be useful, too. Combine that with his maneuverability and intelligence, and he could keep his opponents guessing as to where he is, especially in conditions with limited visibility, allowing him to hit them from unexpected angles.
That'd actually be really cool! Great concept. :huge:
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

kaijukurt
EDF Instructor

Post by kaijukurt »

JAGzilla wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:11 pm I thought of some potential abilities that Rodan could have in the future. What if they make him a mockingbird, able to imitate the sounds of other kaiju? That could fit his cocky jerk personality: his enemy dramatically roars to challenge or intimidate him, and Rodan throws back a mangled, sarcastic version of that roar just to make them mad. Maybe he even laughs afterward, for good measure; I'd like to see him be able to laugh again. This ability could be used tactically, too: in a fight against multiple opponents, Rodan could imitate their sounds to help confuse them or disrupt their ability to communicate. For example, Megalon hears Gigan's squawk coming from behind him, turns around expecting to see his ally, and Rodan sucker-punches him.

I’d definitely like to see this in the future.
Formerly known as kurtzilla

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Thanks for ripping me off : viewtopic.php?t=30999

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

LegendZilla wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:30 pm Thanks for ripping me off : viewtopic.php?t=30999
This thread predates yours by two years, so I don't know why you'd be calling it a rip off. ;)

I think due to Rodan's role in KOTM, I'm indifferent to it re-appearing as this new strange thing in Singular Point.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:33 pm
LegendZilla wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:30 pm Thanks for ripping me off : viewtopic.php?t=30999
This thread predates yours by two years, so I don't know why you'd be calling it a rip off. ;)

I think due to Rodan's role in KOTM, I'm indifferent to it re-appearing as this new strange thing in Singular Point.
Forgive me. Sometimes we just don't care to use the search tool when we should.

Tohosaurus
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Tohosaurus »

The MV design was excellent, and other than that and having him return to being Godzilla's size I have little else to add on that. He could get some kind of beam like Heisei Rodan, but hardly necessary.
고질라

한국, 일본: 친교

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Ian Maclaren