Your hopes for Godzilla: Singular Point

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Your hopes for Godzilla: Singular Point

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Gigantis wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:
Depends on which monsters they are willing to pay Toho money to use the rights for.
Polygon didn't pay any money to have Ghidorah and Mechagodzilla. What's gonna make this different?
Nor, as far as we know, for kamacuras, or any of the monsters that appeared in the movie or books.

I don't understand this line of thinking. Toho isn't animating it, but they're clearly involved heavily. It's not like the monster verse situation. They don't need to license anything.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

_JNavs_ wrote:What's the chances this is the big "universe builder" Toho was rumored to have wanted to establish for the future of the japanese character. While keeping the MV as the mainstay "big budget movie franchise".

Or maybe this is a series that'll test the waters for future Godzilla related shows.
Slim to none. I think that rumor was just a misunderstanding of the World of Godzilla marketing strategy.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Vakanai wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:What's the chances this is the big "universe builder" Toho was rumored to have wanted to establish for the future of the japanese character. While keeping the MV as the mainstay "big budget movie franchise".

Or maybe this is a series that'll test the waters for future Godzilla related shows.
Slim to none. I think that rumor was just a misunderstanding of the World of Godzilla marketing strategy.
Oh yeah the WOG thing was definitely a misunderstanding, but i could've sworn there was a separate rumor that they had plans on doing something a bit grander than one off films.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

Vakanai wrote:

A misunderstanding that still has people on this forum convinced some new live action Toho cinematic universe is currently in the works.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

_JNavs_ wrote:
Vakanai wrote:

Oh yeah the WOG thing was definitely a misunderstanding, but i could've sworn there was a separate rumor that they had plans on doing something a bit grander than one off films.
Nope, that rumor wasn't separate, it was entirely based on that misunderstanding. The rumor was that World of Godzilla was going to be a cinematic universe.

Added in 1 minute 47 seconds:
DirektorSplennic wrote:
Vakanai wrote:

A misunderstanding that still has people on this forum convinced some new live action Toho cinematic universe is currently in the works.
Pretty much. It's going to take a couple actual live action movies from Toho to end that speculation.

JesstrK
G-Force Personnel

Post by JesstrK »

I don’t see why we can’t get mainstays like Mothra, Ghidorah, etc. AND underused monsters like Gorosaurus, Megalon, and others. It need not be mutually exclusive. I want to see Ghidorah done properly in anime, with an epic fight to match since the polygon trilogy failed to satisfy on both points. But not until late in the series. A slow build up with hints throughout.
Last edited by JesstrK on Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

I know it's a long shot, but what I wouldn't give to see our old Showa-era saurian buddies again. Gorosaurus, Baragon, Varan, Anguirus, Titanosaurus...
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

A good story told well, return of some old monsters( preferably not Mothra,Ghidorah,Rodan and Mechagodzilla) and some new monsters.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Kaiju-King42 wrote:I know it's a long shot, but what I wouldn't give to see our old Showa-era saurian buddies again. Gorosaurus, Baragon, Varan, Anguirus, Titanosaurus...
I know I said i want new concepts and stories, but goddamn I would love to see all these guys in action again. Especially Varan.

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

I would love to see some of Showa guys again, especially in an anime medium; I feel that they could really lend themselves well to it.

I’d also like to see, in some episodes, smaller scale threats that the human cast have to deal with, and not just tackle the giant guys/Godzilla. Meganluna, or the live from Rodan-sized creatures, or even a little bigger like the size of the crab forms from Destoroyah could make for some tense moments, and be a cool “breather” from the main action with Godzilla and whatever other Kaiju are included, if any.

There are a ton of things that they can do and explore with an anime Godzilla universe, and I really really hope that such is done properly this time.

#BotM

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

I'm gonna say Godzilla needs to be scaled down in size. Not saying neccesarily the classic Showa 50 meters, but 70 something to 80 something would suit me just fine.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

Gigantis wrote:I'm gonna say Godzilla needs to be scaled down in size. Not saying neccesarily the classic Showa 50 meters, but 70 something to 80 something would suit me just fine.
I think so too. 80 meters would be a really sweet size to see again. Massive, but could still allow for some really tense moments with Godzilla and the human cast. He doesn’t need to be the absolute biggest monster in this new series (unless there is a reason for him to be), and this is coming from someone who doesn’t mind the gigantic versions that we’ve gotten lately.

I wouldn’t want Godzilla to be enormous, just to be enormous.

#BotM

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

I hope Anguirus appears and gets some love. I love the guy.

cmdmstudios
JXSDF Technician

Post by cmdmstudios »

With the large cast of human characters, I kinda hope it's handled like The Clone Wars or Justice League Unlimited, where we can get 2-4 episode story arcs that follow certain characters and kaiju. Treat it like the Showa era films, but with more connectivity, and maybe some background details in each arc leading up to the season finale.

As for kaiju, I'm hoping to see some classics return along with some of the more obscure faces(Yog trio, Gargantuas, Varan, etc.) while also introducing some new enemies.
Well, that's certainly a thing.

"Well, you see, the Higgs Bison is the friendliest species of the water buffalo."

Jetty_Jags
G-Grasper

Post by Jetty_Jags »

Honestly I'm excited that if they do expand to other kaiju we will get some new designs. Another reason I'd love to see some older faces, is to see some new facelifts that would accompany them.
He Jock it Made of Steel

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

I know many people on this forum hate the idea of "edgy", be it in regards to designs, plotlines, and/or character motives.

But i'd love for all the monsters to have a sharp edged look to them, kinda like what we've seen in that Baragon/Varan art, and the G official art. I'd also like for the kills to keep in line with the kaiju tradition of brutal exits/deaths.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

vastatosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by vastatosaurus »

DirektorSplennic wrote:
Vakanai wrote:

Wait, what is a misunderstanding about World of Godzilla?
I thought Toho was almost certain in an interview that they are gonna make a new cinematic universe.
The name "World of Godzilla" is just a provisional name though.
https://www.slashfilm.com/godzilla-shared-universe/

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

vastatosaurus wrote:
DirektorSplennic wrote:
Vakanai wrote: Slim to none. I think that rumor was just a misunderstanding of the World of Godzilla marketing strategy.
Wait, what is a misunderstanding about World of Godzilla?
I thought Toho was almost certain in an interview that they are gonna make a new cinematic universe.
The name "World of Godzilla" is just a provisional name though.
https://www.slashfilm.com/godzilla-shared-universe/
My understanding is that World of Godzilla is just a marketing strategy to make Godzilla more known around the world. I could be wrong though.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

I’m praying to the Toho Gods that Megalon and Titanosaurus make their long-awaited return.
Last edited by Voyager on Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For Emperor and Empire!

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

VoyagerGoji wrote:I’m praying to the Toho Gods that Megalon and Titanosaurus make their long-awaited return.
Off topic but I love the new profile pic.