Your fears for Godzilla : Singular Point

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Re: Your fears for Godzilla : Singular Point

Post by Vakanai »

Nathus214 wrote:
Vakanai wrote:
Nathus214 wrote:but Rodan has only been used THREE times in media (outside comics and games) since the Showa era.
Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla 2, Godzilla Final Wars, King of the Monsters
Holy crap you're right. I could have sworn it was more than that. But I can't think of another.
I thought he showed up like, in a millennium flick but no, he's the most sidelined of the Big 5.
Get this bird on a screen damnit!
Final Wars was a Millennium flick. Albeit the last and somewhat most divisive/hated of the bunch. Mothra showed up in Tokyo SOS, GMK, and Final Wars. Ghidorah in GMK and Final Wars. Even going back to the Heisei films, while each was in only one Godzilla movie apiece, Mothra had a solo trilogy and some version of Ghidorah appeared twice there.

Yep, Rodan is the most sidelined, but he's still doing better than my fave Anguirus.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

Vakanai wrote:
Nathus214 wrote:
Vakanai wrote: Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla 2, Godzilla Final Wars, King of the Monsters
Holy crap you're right. I could have sworn it was more than that. But I can't think of another.
I thought he showed up like, in a millennium flick but no, he's the most sidelined of the Big 5.
Get this bird on a screen damnit!
Final Wars was a Millennium flick. Albeit the last and somewhat most divisive/hated of the bunch. Mothra showed up in Tokyo SOS, GMK, and Final Wars. Ghidorah in GMK and Final Wars. Even going back to the Heisei films, while each was in only one Godzilla movie apiece, Mothra had a solo trilogy and some version of Ghidorah appeared twice there.

Yep, Rodan is the most sidelined, but he's still doing better than my fave Anguirus.
Anguirus has been robbed time and time again to where you feel bad for the little guy.
I mostly want Mothra in this because I feel like she'd be REALLY pretty in an anime art style. What I'd REALLY love is this Godzilla teaming up with Rodan, Anguirus and Mothra to fight some big bad.
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

JesstrK
G-Force Personnel

Post by JesstrK »

My biggest fear is that we won’t get Ghidorah, Mothra, and Rodan. :D

Why? Simple. Because I like them best. Sorry.

Seriously, I just want to see a GTTHM style team up against Ghidorah in anime form. Not like what we got in Planet Eater. After we finally see that, the big 4 can take a little break.
And like I said in the other thread, I don’t understand this idea that some people seem to have that using the big 4 and using other less well known kaiju must be mutually exclusive. Use everyone in equal doses, that’s the beauty of this being a tv series and not a movie. Destoroyah’s not my favorite kaiju, but I won’t be upset if he shows up. For the first time, there’s room for everyone.
Last edited by JesstrK on Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:43 pm, edited 5 times in total.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

JesstrK wrote:My biggest fear is that we won’t get Ghidorah, Mothra, and Rodan. :D

Why? Simple. Because I like them best. Sorry.

Seriously, I just want to see a GTTHM style team up against Ghidorah in anime form. Not like what we got in Planet Eater. After we finally see that, the big 4 can take a little break.
And like I said in the other thread, I don’t understand this idea that some people seem to have that using the big 4 and using other less well known kaiju must be mutually exclusive. Use everyone in equal doses, that’s the beauty of this being a tv series and not a movie. Destoroyah’s not my favorite kaiju, but I won’t be upset if he shows up. For the first time, there’s room for everyone.
I think now is probably a good time to have a break from the big four. Doesn’t mean they can’t show up ever again.

Desghidorah
G-Grasper

Post by Desghidorah »

Yet another solo-outing or where Godzilla is astronomically stronger than all other monsters without peer or chance of anything giving him a good fight.

kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

Desghidorah wrote:Yet another solo-outing or where Godzilla is astronomically stronger than all other monsters without peer or chance of anything giving him a good fight.
That and he's way too big. I'm beyond sick of "our Godzilla is the biggest" pissing contest!

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

I’d be okay with Godzilla being scaled back down some, even making him smaller than both Monsterverse, and Shin Godzilla. As long as his intimidation, scare factor, and enormous power are still realized, then a smaller size shouldn’t be a problem. That’s also depending on what kind of setting the anime will have, and how the environment scales with him.

I also very much agree on the solo Godzilla prospect; I want to see more than just the world or Japan, versus Godzilla. He had such an incredible rogues gallery of monsters/characters to choose from, and with an anime setting, you can have so many dynamic and unique sequences with those characters that we’ve never seen before.

Let the big guy use those fangs to chomp the hell out of something!

#BotM

Dynomy-DX
Interpol Agent

Post by Dynomy-DX »

Yeah I’m on a similar camp as the “Don’t make it a solo” crew. Anime can make the action pop off more than anything has before. And if it’s going to be a series, having Godzilla never fight or interact with any monster would be a huge missed opportunity. Monster Planet already left me disappointed on that front. Singular Point can take advantage and bring some action that could never be done easily on the big screen.
Reignited... and hopefully less weird this time around.

I'm a guy with simple interests. Mostly revolving around monsters blowing up entire cities.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

I just want Godzilla to have a soul dammit. The last 4 Toho Godzilla movies had kaiju be soulless monoliths and I really dislike that.
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

Yeah, if Toho hired a bunch of people that evidently know how to animate engaging fight scenes and instead opt for a solo outing and mostly static kaiju I'm going to be a tad upset
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

I really don't think Godzilla's gonna be stoic this time. Trigger knows how to make things move wildly and this film should reflect that.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

I hope this Godzilla isn’t the silent, stone-cold, stoic Godzilla we’ve seen in Toho’s last few productions. A personality would be nice, and it doesn’t even have to be Showa levels of personality. I wouldn’t mind having a Heisei-like Godzilla or Legendary-like Godzilla.
For Emperor and Empire!

Dracosaurian
JXSDF Technician

Post by Dracosaurian »

One major concern of mine is the characters. I just simply want the characters to be decent enough not to bore me. I'm sorry but I found the Monster Planet trilogy characters to be dry as dust. They don't need to be Gojira caliber, but as long as they can entertain me and keep things rolling at a good pace when the monsters aren't onscreen then I'll be happy.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

DirektorSplennic wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:
DirektorSplennic wrote:Said this in another thread but I don't want this Godzilla to be plain. Make it unique. Do what the trilogy tried to do in being different but don't absolutely butcher the execution. Shin Godzilla is perfection, but I don't want Toho to repeat what that was either. Gimme new poop Toho.

Please.
Was it execution alone that ruined GINO?
GINO doesn't count because he doesn't look like Godzilla. Shin (inculding his previous forms) and the anime trilogy goji all look like Godzilla. When I say new I want new concepts I mean in the same light as those movies to bring Godzilla as a character to new places. Singular Goji looks like Godzilla, therefore he's allowed to deviate into uncharted territory.
Do you at least give me credit for giving a good argument for my personal taste in handling Godzilla? I tried to not come across as petty and whiny like how I have in the past

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

LegendZilla wrote:
DirektorSplennic wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:
Was it execution alone that ruined GINO?
GINO doesn't count because he doesn't look like Godzilla. Shin (inculding his previous forms) and the anime trilogy goji all look like Godzilla. When I say new I want new concepts I mean in the same light as those movies to bring Godzilla as a character to new places. Singular Goji looks like Godzilla, therefore he's allowed to deviate into uncharted territory.
Do you at least give me credit for giving a good argument for my personal taste in handling Godzilla? I tried to not come across as petty and whiny like how I have in the past
Yeah of course. I just replying with what I feel Godzilla should be. Sorry if I came off as whiny. My personal philosophy is if it looks like Godzilla it's Godzilla, if it doesn't look like Godzilla (in its final form) but they're calling it Godzilla then it's not Godzilla. Origin wise I love it when they go crazy, just make sure it looks like him.
Last edited by DirektorSplennic on Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

DirektorSplennic wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:
DirektorSplennic wrote: GINO doesn't count because he doesn't look like Godzilla. Shin (inculding his previous forms) and the anime trilogy goji all look like Godzilla. When I say new I want new concepts I mean in the same light as those movies to bring Godzilla as a character to new places. Singular Goji looks like Godzilla, therefore he's allowed to deviate into uncharted territory.
Yeah of course. I just replying with what I feel Godzilla should be. Sorry if I came off as whiny. My personal philosophy is if it looks like Godzilla it's Godzilla, if it doesn't look like Godzilla (in its final form) but they're calling it Godzilla then it's not Godzilla. Origin wise I love it when they go crazy, just make sure it looks like him.
What do you consider too weird for Godzilla (other than not looking like how he should that is)?

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

LegendZilla wrote:
DirektorSplennic wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:
What do you consider too weird for Godzilla (other than not looking like how he should that is)?
That honestly is an excellent question and also hard to answer. I love a good traditional Godzilla but also love some of the wacky ones. I guess its more what I find appealing rather than what I find "too weird". AniGoji for instance is a plant, and I am completely indifferent of that fact. I don't think it adds or takes away anything from the story. That fact is just kinda there. I do like the bit about him being the final evolution of all life on Earth, that to me is cool and does fit the narrative somewhat, since he does completely take over Earth.

I honestly couldn't tell you what I'd find *too* weird. Hell Shin Godzilla is part human, since its implied Goro Maki jumped into the bay and merhed with him, and with the final shot with the 5th form. I actually like all that because it fits the narrative of Shin evolving to the most dominant organism to fight it back. The best part is it ends right before Shin's plan goes into action, leaving it so he still is "Godzilla". It's why I think Shin Godzilla SHOULD NEVER GET A SEQUEL. IT IS PERFECTION ON ITS OWN.

Guess my point is Toho shpuld stay weird, but still remaim true to the look and feel of Godzilla, which I think all their recent outings have done. The Monsterverse has a great traditional Godzilla, so I want to see Toho go into some uncharted territory. Maybe not with Godzilla himself, but at the very least with the story.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Gigantis wrote:I really don't think Godzilla's gonna be stoic this time. Trigger knows how to make things move wildly and this film should reflect that.
Trigger has no involvement, sadly.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Cryptid_Liker wrote:
Gigantis wrote:I really don't think Godzilla's gonna be stoic this time. Trigger knows how to make things move wildly and this film should reflect that.
Wait, did i confuse Trigger with Bones again?

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Gigantis wrote:
Cryptid_Liker wrote:
Wait, did i confuse Trigger with Bones again?
Yuuuuuup