Godzilla: Singular Point Non-Spoiler Thread

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Re: Godzilla: Singular Point - Netflix Anime Series

Post by daveblackeye15 »

G2009? What's that?

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

The Twitter is starting to drop new character sheets. Wonder if we'll be getting a new promo trailer soon.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

vastatosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by vastatosaurus »

Newly released concept design of the protagonist.
Is Jet Jaguar some kind of a mascot of his factory?

EvaGhidorah01
Monsterland Worker

Post by EvaGhidorah01 »

vastatosaurus wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:41 am Image

Newly released concept design of the protagonist.
Is Jet Jaguar some kind of a mascot of his factory?
That might (partially) explain why in the trailer he's reminiscent of some classic mechas like Tetsujin-28's Gigantor
Last edited by EvaGhidorah01 on Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Take that you dinosaur!" - Major Spielberg

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

I'm now gonna be really dissapointed if the guy isn't piloting Jet Jaguar Pacific Rim style.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

Are the Jet Jaguar jackets gonna be offered as official merch?!

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Angilasman wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:14 am Are the Jet Jaguar jackets gonna be offered as official merch?!
Oh my god Toho do this pls

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Kato's next up. I guess he's another main character?

vastatosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by vastatosaurus »

https://godzilla-sp.jp/character/

If you guys check the official website, concept arts of all the characters has been recently revealed.

Titanoterror98
Interpol Agent

Post by Titanoterror98 »

Gigantis wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:28 am
Angilasman wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:14 am Are the Jet Jaguar jackets gonna be offered as official merch?!
Oh my god Toho do this pls
"Kaiju are underrated." - Me
"Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own." - Proverbs 3:5
"The only lemon content that should be on the internet is Lemon Demon music." - The Dapper Critter(A.K.A. Also me)

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Gets props for hot goth chick character.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:20 am Gets props for hot goth chick character.
Yeah definitely. I’m actually a big fan of all the designs. They’re all unique, but still in the realm of believability and not bullshit anime fantasy land (although those are fine too!).

I am a bit curious why they’re putting so much emphasis on all the characters and not the monsters. I assume it’s to just show that there’s going to be a strong foundation on the human element to supplement the monsters.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Eh isn't that par for the course with newer anime? They're probably saving the kaiju for closer to release.

Gomi: Ninja Monster
G-Force Personnel

Post by Gomi: Ninja Monster »

Probably just want some good fanart of the characters before the kaiju overshadow everything. :P

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

As much as I’m looking forward to this, Toho really needs to work out a deal with Legendary(if they continue to do mire films) to be able to do simultaneous live action films. It’s obvious Toho wants to do more with the character but they’re sort of stuck at the moment doing the anime adaptions.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:17 am I am a bit curious why they’re putting so much emphasis on all the characters and not the monsters. I assume it’s to just show that there’s going to be a strong foundation on the human element to supplement the monsters.
I'm kinda thinking we might not actually see all the monster stuff in the trailer right away. Like, in a later episode and the first couple are just about bringing in the cast for introduction.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Cookson wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:40 am As much as I’m looking forward to this, Toho really needs to work out a deal with Legendary(if they continue to do mire films) to be able to do simultaneous live action films. It’s obvious Toho wants to do more with the character but they’re sort of stuck at the moment doing the anime adaptions.
If Legendary gets the rights back I guarantee that will be one of the terms. Especially since Toho could try a Rodan or Mothra film the year that Legendary would be doing a Godzilla film.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

DynomikeGojira
G-Grasper

Post by DynomikeGojira »

miguelnuva wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:09 pm
Cookson wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:40 am As much as I’m looking forward to this, Toho really needs to work out a deal with Legendary(if they continue to do mire films) to be able to do simultaneous live action films. It’s obvious Toho wants to do more with the character but they’re sort of stuck at the moment doing the anime adaptions.
If Legendary gets the rights back I guarantee that will be one of the terms. Especially since Toho could try a Rodan or Mothra film the year that Legendary would be doing a Godzilla film.
Yeah I mean the great thing about Toho, Legendary and at one time WB is that they have a pretty great collaborative relationship working on the Monsterverse that has since expanded to other films so I think there's a great possibility that Toho and Legendary can come to an agreement since I really doubt a Toho produced will have the same kind of marketing potiental as a big budgeted Hollywood film and it would be a win win for everyone. As someone who prefer what Toho is doing for Godzilla compared to Legendary I would that Toho can make more films since Shin is the only piece of recent Godzilla content that I have loved so far and Godzilla:SP is looking to be my second I would love for Toho to make more films while at the same time enjoy enjoy certains aspects of the Monsterverse films.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Gigantis wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:25 am
LSD Jellyfish wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:17 am I am a bit curious why they’re putting so much emphasis on all the characters and not the monsters. I assume it’s to just show that there’s going to be a strong foundation on the human element to supplement the monsters.
I'm kinda thinking we might not actually see all the monster stuff in the trailer right away. Like, in a later episode and the first couple are just about bringing in the cast for introduction.
I imagine the first episode will be entirely focused on the cast and Godzilla, or the cast and an inviting incident, like a Rodan.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

Has it been confirmed yet if the series will be released as an entire season from day one or will we have to wait a week for each episode?