Godzilla: Singular Point Non-Spoiler Thread

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Angilasman
G-Grasper

Re: Godzilla: Singular Point - Netflix Anime Series

Post by Angilasman »

Dope, dope, dope - character designs are great.

This... might be my most anticipated kaiju project of 2021 (might change when the Shin Ultraman trailer drops).

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Characters have been officially uploaded to the main S.P site, with mini-bios and all: https://godzilla-sp.jp/character/index.html
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

GigaBowserG wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:20 pm Characters have been officially uploaded to the main S.P site, with mini-bios and all: https://godzilla-sp.jp/character/index.html
Names (from left to right, top to bottom):
Mei Kano
Yun Arikawa
Haberu Katou (Probably Havel Katou)
Gou Ootaki
Satomi Kanahara
Perooo
Yungu
Shunya Satou
Tsunetomo Yamoto
Yukie Kanoko
Takahiro Kai
Keiei Rii
Beira Ban (I suspect the name could be "Bahn), nickname is "BB"
Rina Ban (Same as above, also either married or related)
Yoshiyasu Mabara
Nakagawa Mkita Kei (K)
Teiruda Miller
Finally:
MICHEAL SUTEIBUN: British

Heads up: I'm assuming some of these names are derived from German or English (not originally japanese names).
I'm busy right now, but I'll give some quick updates. Micheal is British apparently.

Mei Kano:
The protagonist of the story. She's a graduate student researching the recent phoneme of the monsters. She's a genius, but often forgets where she leaves her stuff.

Yun, Gou, Havel, and Satomi all work together at the "Ootaki Factory". Let's assume that's where JJ is being made.

Yun (guy with white hair):
He's an otaku and works as an engineer. He's in charge of programming the robots, and I think just started. He's a genius, but he has difficulty relating to others. He gets involved in the fight against Godzilla.

Gou
Gou is the boss/Captain. He's also the founder. It says that he's a world renowned engineer. Something about him seeing a UFO(?) After monsters started appearing, he teamed up with Yun and Havel to create robots to fight the monsters.

Satomi:
I think she works as their secretary. She likes make up and other things like piercing. I think it says her personal life is a mystery.

Perroo (dog thing)
A communication AI developed by Yun. It lives in Mei's PC.
Yunga (the thing that looks like an electrical outlet)
An Ai developed by Yun. It lives in his smartphone. (what if this becomes JJ's consciousness?)

BB
I think BB, did a lot of research in India on opals (?).
I think it says his superiors take a lot of pride in him, but I think he's shy but clever. He takes interesting in pursuing the mystery of the monsters.

Rina Ban
BB's Wife. Then there's a discussion about her and cooking and something.

Teurida (Tilda):
She stands in opposition to BB and Micheal. She's a conservative type. (Both these phrases can mean different things, but I'm already going to assume she's some sort of twist villain). It's hard for me to tell in context if it's just they work together and butt has, or something more sinister.

Micheal is an elite personality. It says something about him working together with Tilda, and that's bad.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:10 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

vastatosaurus wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:18 pm LOL What is that Shiba dog and a rectangle for? Maybe those could be disguise forms of King Cesar and Jet Jaguar to live daily life.
I'm pretty sure the rectangle is related to JJ but that shiba is puzzling me.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

The Shiba and Robot thing are both AI's that live inside Mei and Yuns PC and smartphone respectively. They were created by Yun. I imagine one of them, probably Yunga (the electric outlet looking one) will probably become JJ's personality, hence how blank and unassuming it is.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

kaijukurt
EDF Instructor

Post by kaijukurt »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:40 pm Names (from left to right, top to bottom):
Mei Kano
Yun Arikawa
Gou Ootaki
Satomi Kanahara
Perooo
Yungu
Shunya Satou
Tsunetomo Yamoto
Yukie Kanoko
Takahiro Kai
Keiei Rii
Yoshiyasu Mabara
Nakagawa Mkita Kei (K)
Teiruda Miller
Finally:

Heads up: I'm assuming some of these names are derived from German or English (not originally japanese names).
I'm busy right now, but I'll give some quick updates. Micheal is British apparently.

Mei Kano:
The protagonist of the story. She's a graduate student researching the recent phoneme of the monsters. She's a genius, but often forgets where she leaves her stuff.

Yun, Gou, Havel, and Satomi all work together at the "Ootaki Factory". Let's assume that's where JJ is being made.

He's an otaku and works as an engineer. He's in charge of programming the robots, and I think just started. He's a genius, but he has difficulty relating to others. He gets involved in the fight against Godzilla.

Gou
Gou is the boss/Captain. He's also the founder. It says that he's a world renowned engineer. Something about him seeing a UFO(?) After monsters started appearing, he teamed up with Yun and Havel to create robots to fight the monsters.

Satomi:
I think she works as their secretary. She likes make up and other things like piercing. I think it says her personal life is a mystery.

Perroo (dog thing)
An Ai developed by Yun. It lives in his smartphone. (what if this becomes JJ's consciousness?)

BB
I think it says his superiors take a lot of pride in him, but I think he's shy but clever. He takes interesting in pursuing the mystery of the monsters.

Rina Ban

Teurida (Tilda):
She stands in opposition to BB and Micheal. She's a conservative type. (Both these phrases can mean different things, but I'm already going to assume she's some sort of twist villain). It's hard for me to tell in context if it's just they work together and butt has, or something more sinister.

Micheal is an elite personality. It says something about him working together with Tilda, and that's bad.
Very informative, thanks!

A comparison between the previously released & current character roster concept art.

Formerly known as kurtzilla

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Wow that's a big upswing in quality^
Makes sense though.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:40 pm Gou

Satomi:
Robots, plural. Interesting. The UFO is significant, too; aliens are suddenly a strong possibility.

And going off of that... maybe Satomi is an alien? She uses all the makeup and such to hide any unusual aspects of her appearance. That would also explain a mysterious personal life. Obviously it's too early for this kind of speculation, though. :lol:
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Wow what interesting and very different designs where each person really sticks out based on their looks alone unlike a certain trilogy.

GojiDog
G-Grasper

Post by GojiDog »

2021 is going to be a big year for the Big G.

Godzilla Vs. Kong and Singular Point...good time to be a kaiju fan.
White Male Genocide is necessary.

Kill all white men.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:40 pm
GigaBowserG wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:20 pm Characters have been officially uploaded to the main S.P site, with mini-bios and all: https://godzilla-sp.jp/character/index.html
Names (from left to right, top to bottom):
Mei Kano
Yun Arikawa
Gou Ootaki
Satomi Kanahara
Perooo
Yungu
Shunya Satou
Tsunetomo Yamoto
Yukie Kanoko
Takahiro Kai
Keiei Rii
Yoshiyasu Mabara
Nakagawa Mkita Kei (K)
Teiruda Miller
Finally:

Mei Kano:

Gou

Satomi:

Perroo (dog thing)

BB

Rina Ban

Teurida (Tilda):

There's another translation with a little bit more info but less characters.
https://twitter.com/miregoji326/status/ ... 3515202562
By the way, Rina Burne is BB's daughter. I normally wouldn't be so sure but this anime's artstyle has a clear border between young and older and I doubt they'd actually mention India's extremely questionable marriage laws.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Nice. Glad to finally have some new info.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

kaijuguy19
Monarch Researcher

Post by kaijuguy19 »

The characters so far sound fun an interesting. They fittingly feel like characters you'd normally see in most Godzilla movies or for that matter many kaiju movies in general but in a good way.
Why am I always chasing rainbows?

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

^^Yeah I mixed up the kanji between daughter and wife. Whoops.

Agreed about the characters being fun though. I sort of feel this might be a purposeful reaction to the monster planet trilogy in terms of design.

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

I love the variety between characters. Really promising a lot of character development. I love it.
I'm also liking this fight between classes and interests on the kaiju.
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:
https://www.instagram.com/buruno.98/

Showa Gojira
Monarch Researcher

Post by Showa Gojira »

Really liking the unique character designs and distinct personalities they all have. I didn't hate the anime film trilogy but this looks to be a vast improvement over it in a lot if ways. It'll never happen but I would love to see Godzilla develop over the course of the series from a destructive monster to a heroic protector like in the Showa series.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:40 pm
Best kaiju game ever. Like, seriously, awesome to play and full of cool little nods to the films that make it up. Ten out of ten. Worth waiting for.

"GODZILLA - ULTRAMAN - GAMERA: ALL MONSTERS ATTACK!"
http://kaijubeatemup.blogspot.com/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6vZKr ... XgWG0hADNA
The Thread: http://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewto ... =19&t=5609

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Honestly i think Godzilla should stay a bad guy this time. Or at least, an Anti-Hero.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

^^^
I agree.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Gigantis wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:25 am Honestly i think Godzilla should stay a bad guy this time. Or at least, an Anti-Hero.
He's always a bad guy. MV Goji is the odd man out that has to sit and listen to crazy old man showa at the Godzilla get-togethers.
Last edited by miguelnuva on Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Showa Gojira
Monarch Researcher

Post by Showa Gojira »

miguelnuva wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:17 pm He's always a bad guy. MV Goji is the odd man out that has to sit and listen to crazy old man showa and the Godzilla get-togethers.
Somebody needs to draw a comic of this! :D

Besides the fact that there are only two heroic Godzillas, only one of those started off as an antagonist before become a champion of the Earth. It would be cool to see character's view points on Godzilla change over time as he developed into a good guy over the course of the show. You could also have some characters continue to distrust him and other Kaiju.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:40 pm
Best kaiju game ever. Like, seriously, awesome to play and full of cool little nods to the films that make it up. Ten out of ten. Worth waiting for.

"GODZILLA - ULTRAMAN - GAMERA: ALL MONSTERS ATTACK!"
http://kaijubeatemup.blogspot.com/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6vZKr ... XgWG0hADNA
The Thread: http://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewto ... =19&t=5609