World of Godzilla Fanservice Question!

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Gailah 1966
Monarch Researcher

World of Godzilla Fanservice Question!

Post by Gailah 1966 »

When Toho's World of Godzilla gains traction and the stories will be written, we all know there will be some of our favorite kaiju fighting each other.

So here is the question and I´m asking for you personal opinion:
What kaiju deserves a special moment?

You probalby ask what a a special moment is. Everything you could imagine, maybe a victory over Godzilla or a real epic scene, maybe a really bad ass scene or maybe an extreme emotional moment. Think of something and share your thoughts please.

What kaiju (maybe an underdog) deserves it`s long overdue special moment?
BIG FAN SURVEY 2023 --> viewtopic.php?t=34920
BIG FAN SURVEY 2020 --> viewtopic.php?t=30470
Video of 2020´s results --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUxyzsQxwa4

Gigantis
Sazer

Re: World of Godzilla Fanservice Question!

Post by Gigantis »

Varan does... something that looks awesome. I don't care what just something.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

King Caesar saves Godzilla
Godzilla vs The Gargantuas
Godzilla vs Anguirus, Varan and Baragon
Varan vs Rodan
Maned, Crescent horned, cackling Ghidorah.
For Emperor and Empire!

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

I agree that Varan needs the spotlight but it would be really cool if Gabara and/or Megalon were given a second chance. A chance to be better.

They both have potential. If not a Krueger-style nightmare demon, Gabara could be like he was in the anime trilogy's prequel novels: a homicidal bully. Megalon is already set up pretty good but he needs to live up to his title as the Seatopian deity. What civilization would worship what's essentially a man-child in the body of a beetle? Megalon needs to be more intimidating and to stand a chance without being a mind-controlled pawn.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

VoyagerGoji wrote: Maned, Crescent horned, cackling Ghidorah.
Honestly i don't care if he's still lacking his mane and/or crescents. Just another fun scene of Ghidorah destroying a city would be glorious!

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

VoyagerGoji wrote:Godzilla vs The Gargantuas
This is long overdue. This is what I'd do if I had to make a modern Godzilla film using only characters from Toho's stable, because I think it has the most story potential.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

tyrantgoji wrote:
VoyagerGoji wrote: Maned, Crescent horned, cackling Ghidorah.
Honestly i don't care if he's still lacking his mane and/or crescents. Just another fun scene of Ghidorah destroying a city would be glorious!
Have it in clear daylight, too!

Gailah 1966
Monarch Researcher

Post by Gailah 1966 »

Nice suggestions so far. Thank you.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Kumonga plays a part of killing a larger kaiju via his poison stinger, then Godzilla finishes it off.

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

Post by Thegarbagemonster »

I want to see Mothra when she's not friendly. Mothra has always had a more human-focused role, so let's have something like a human stealing her Cosmos and then she gets furious and pursues- a giant insect tearing through buildings and alleyways, crawling down the sides of skyscrapers, beating her wings to blow away hiding spots. All to get a single person in the city.

I just love scenes where kaiju decide to menace one person in particular, especially if they deserve it. Examples are Femuto bearing down on Ford's boat, or G98 pursuing the taxi cab through the city.

Edit- I have to add that I don't want to see Mothra in an evil role, she's still a guardian. She's just angry at an individual.
Last edited by Thegarbagemonster on Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Baragon burns a weaker monster to death via heat ray.

Manda crushes another monster to death just by squeezing till their bones get stuck in their organs.
Last edited by Gigantis on Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Godzilla and Anguirus fighting side-by-side one last time. Come on, Toho, it's been almost fifty years. :(

Poor Varan really does need one moment in the sun, too.

Oh, duh, and Battra needs another chance. He has all kinds of potential to be cool, just let him try!
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Anguirus saves Godzilla's life.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

I wouldn't mind a few panty shots or a swimsuit episode if we're talking about another anime or there's a really cute actress personally, although it might limit potential in other markets and...hmm? Not that kind of fanservice you say? Oh, then nevermind me then...
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

Vakanai wrote:I wouldn't mind a few panty shots or a swimsuit episode if we're talking about another anime or there's a really cute actress personally, although it might limit potential in other markets and...hmm? Not that kind of fanservice you say? Oh, then nevermind me then...
Eventually....we will have a Godzilla movie or TV show that includes everything that you said.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

CrimsonBloodX wrote:
Vakanai wrote:I wouldn't mind a few panty shots or a swimsuit episode if we're talking about another anime or there's a really cute actress personally, although it might limit potential in other markets and...hmm? Not that kind of fanservice you say? Oh, then nevermind me then...
Eventually....we will have a Godzilla movie or TV show that includes everything that you said.
Nah, while I don't think sex appeal or acknowledging sexual attraction is out of place in the kaiju genre I don't think we need to be crass or grosss about it either. People freak out about the sex in the anime trilogy when you don't even see a butt and it's not like they really show them going at it, you can fill in the blanks yourself, the thing that makes that scene stupid to me is it's a pointless fling with two people who don't even like each other. We get it movie, you're nihilistic. God and this came from the same guy who made Magical Modika? I liked that, I didn't like this. Magical Modika was, IMO an amazing anime, the Godzilla anime trilogy came off as pretentious as fuck to me.

Besides the live action movies have already gotten away with more than the anime did, mainly the pin ups in Godzilla vs Megalon and Godzilla 1985/The Return of Godzilla. And there's been some none sexual partial or complete nudity as far back as the original Gojira. Heck I think the last time we saw any was the man butt in 1994.

Now for cool fanservice, I'd like to see something like the ASTOL-Maser Jets and the Super-X make a comeback. The former because I think they are cool, the latter because we need more weapons that can beat monsters that aren't just giant mechas of something.
Last edited by BlankAccount on Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Gailah 1966
Monarch Researcher

Post by Gailah 1966 »

Ok, we have a strong trend to Varan so far.
Thank you for your answers.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

How about Anguirus, Baragon and Varan in a three way brawl before being forced to team up by Godzilla?

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

I just want scenes of kaiju attacking and destroying small towns/villages.

Megalon and Gigan team up.
For Emperor and Empire!

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

The great mountain God Baradagi deserves a glorious return to cinema.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image