World of Godzilla Poll 2xG

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.

Do you want to see 2 Godzillas in the upcoming "World of Godzilla"?

1. No. Why should I?
42%
2. Yes, I would like to see some kind of father and son relation like in the Showa and Heisei series.
25%
3. Yes, I want to see 2 different adult Godzillas like a "normal" one and a "burning" version.
8%
4. Yes, I want to see a "new" Godzilla design and a "Shin" version.
8%
5. Yes, I want to see a "new" Godzilla design and a "Heisei" version.
No votes
6. Yes, I want to see a "new" Godzilla design and a homage to the showa version.
No votes
7. Yes, I want to see s "new" Godzilla design and the lost "Ghost-Godzilla" version.
4%
8. Something else I`ll post in here...
13%

Total votes: 24

Gailah 1966
Monarch Researcher

World of Godzilla Poll 2xG

Post by Gailah 1966 »

Do you want to see 2 Godzillas in Toho`s upcoming "World of Godzilla"

No matter if they would team up against greater threads or even fight each other.

Thank you for your answers.
BIG FAN SURVEY 2023 --> viewtopic.php?t=34920
BIG FAN SURVEY 2020 --> viewtopic.php?t=30470
Video of 2020´s results --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUxyzsQxwa4

Jetty_Jags
G-Grasper

Re: World of Godzilla Poll 2xG

Post by Jetty_Jags »

No, we have had the godzilla vs godzilla dynamic for almost 50% of the movies. Lets go for something new here.
He Jock it Made of Steel

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

I don't want any Godzilla vs. Godzilla fights either,let alone one made to resemble Heisei/Shin/Showa or whatever (what would even be the point of that?). That said I'll gladly take another father son duo between Godzilla,Junior and/or Minilla so i voted for that.
Last edited by Gigantis on Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Jetty_Jags wrote:No, we have had the godzilla vs godzilla dynamic for almost 50% of the movies. Lets go for something new here.
Even being extremely loose with what constitutes a movie having a "Godzilla vs. Godzilla" dynamic, I can only think of 12 examples out of over 30 entries (counting anime and U.S. productions). Granted, that's still not a small number, but it's well short of half. Just a shade over 1/3.
Last edited by eabaker on Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

This poll is oddly specific.

Jetty_Jags
G-Grasper

Post by Jetty_Jags »

I’ll be honest, I was being hyperbolic, and have no idea how you even came up with 12, I get about 8. Regardless, this isn’t untrodden territory.
He Jock it Made of Steel

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Jetty_Jags wrote:I’ll be honest, I was being hyperbolic, and have no idea how you even came up with 12, I get about 8. Regardless, this isn’t untrodden territory.
Like I say, I was being extremely loose with what I counted. For example, I included Godzilla fighting the Godzilla Tower in Godzilla vs. Gigan.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Gailah 1966
Monarch Researcher

Post by Gailah 1966 »

Don´t become set on that Godzilla vs Godzilla thing. It was a general question to the "fanbase" if they want to have 2 Godzillas in the upcoming franchise.
And if you can answer this question with "yes" I wanted to know what kind of "Godzillas" you like to see.
Doing some market research for TOHO ;)

szmigiel
G-Force Personnel

Post by szmigiel »

After seeing the 2017 character poll, I'm pretty sure they will put in a Minilla or Baby/Little Godzilla. They ranked as fan favorites, Minilla 4th, Baby Godzilla 8th, and even the Godzillasaurus 19th out of the top 20. But they will probably not age him to a Godzilla Jr, they will keep him young and cute, mostly for toy reasons. It might not be in the early films as they establish more of what toho hopes to be the big box office draws, but as the series moves forward I am pretty sure one will be introduced for Godzilla to protect. I just hope if they use the Showa name, they use a new more accurate translation or Mini-Ra with the emphasis on "Mini", not sounding like manilla.

They already have enough Godzilla doppelgängers for him to battle.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

I'd like to see Toho do an all-new Minilla, but please just make him age at least relatively normally (i.e., have him hatch from an (not too big) egg and go through normal growth stages (infant/juvenile/subadult/adult) as Baby Godzilla/Little Godzilla/Godzilla Junior/Godzilla III did and as he almost did in Godzilla: Final Wars (starting as a small infant and then growing up into a slightly larger early juvenile, only not so quickly this time)). Also, change his embryonic atomic heat ray to Little Godzilla's tiny bubbles instead of the original rings (I always thought that was more realistic). Finally, keep his size the same as it was in GFW (since, in real life, baby dinosaurs are tiny compared to adult ones). In short, an all-new version of Minilla that combines the best of both versions of the "son of Godzilla" concept.

I'd also like to see them do the Godzillasaurus (as Godzilla's pre-mutation version, but this time, make him look like what the current appearance of theropod dinosaurs looks like (i.e., no tail-dragging, head way up above the ground, etc. (maybe CGI could be used solely for this one?)), Mechagodzilla (the alien version, of course), Biollante (in both rose and Godzilla-plant forms), SpaceGodzilla (this time definitely make Biollante the actual basis for his creation) and Ghost Godzilla (I've always thought that this was an interesting concept: the second Godzilla battling the ghost of the first Godzilla years after the latter's death).

Of course, I know that it's possible - and likely more than probable - that Toho won't do anything that I've mentioned here at all, let alone even look at this post, but at least it's out there in the wild and that's all that matters.
Last edited by mikelcho on Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:09 pm, edited 12 times in total.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

I'm still really confused on this poll. Why do the other Godzilla's have to look like a past version? What does that even mean?

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

How about an actual male and female Godzilla for once. Maybe then we can stop getting these Godzilla gender arguments by having both.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Gailah 1966
Monarch Researcher

Post by Gailah 1966 »

tyrantgoji wrote:I'm still really confused on this poll. Why do the other Godzilla's have to look like a past version? What does that even mean?
It´s a question of design. I liked the Heisei-versions of Godzilla. So i would love to see a similar design in the World of Godzilla.
But if there are 2 different Godzillas we need to tell them apart. That was the intention behind this poll. Maybe it was too complicated...

Added in 56 seconds:
Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:How about an actual male and female Godzilla for once. Maybe then we can stop getting these Godzilla gender arguments by having both.
Whoa! This idea is so freaky. No one in the japanese forums has come up with this. :shock:

kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

I've said this so many times, it depends on if it fits the story. What would be the context be? Godzilla and a son, a male and female Godzilla, two rival Godzillas, or would Godzilla be fighting a clone of himself?

Gailah 1966
Monarch Researcher

Post by Gailah 1966 »

kingkevzilla88 wrote:I've said this so many times, it depends on if it fits the story. What would be the context be? Godzilla and a son, a male and female Godzilla, two rival Godzillas, or would Godzilla be fighting a clone of himself?
So your chioce is answer no. 8. You got it! Thumbs up!