How Could Past Monsters Be Revisited in the Reiwa Era?

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
JAGzilla
Sazer

Re: Anyone want to see Mechani-Kong return?

Post by JAGzilla »

As far as the basic concept goes, mechanical doppelganger of Kong, he's no campier than Mechagodzilla. Anyway, KOTM is as silly and ridiculous as anything in the Showa era, so maybe the campy days are back!

I'd be all for Mechani-Kong returning. I want him to be able to use his grenades in combat, this time, though. Maybe he could have grenade launchers that pop out of his arms; that could be pretty sick.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Yes, but he should only return if Kong also gets in on the Toho films. And if Legendary has proved anything that shouldn't be that hard.

Added in 1 hour 52 minutes 52 seconds:
Anyway, i would like to see Mechani-Kong get some updated, flashy weaponary and some beams. Still make him mobile enough so he's not just a laser spamming tin-can like Heisei Mechagodzilla, but some lasers should suffice.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

Yes, but only after Kong is in a new Toho movie.
Also, I want Mechani-Kong in a Monsterverse sequel to Godzilla vs Kong.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

Voyager
Keizer

Re: Reiwa Rodan: How do you want him?

Post by Voyager »

I’d like to have him be a rival for Godzilla, like in GTTHM.
For Emperor and Empire!

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

I would like to see him appear as often as possible instead of having Mothra shoved down our throats every movie.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

LegendZilla wrote:I would like to see him appear as often as possible instead of having Mothra shoved down my throat every movie.
Yes. My boy needs more attention, since he’s the least popular of the Big 5.
For Emperor and Empire!

Kaltes-Herzeleid
JXSDF Technician

Re: Reiwa Ghidorah: How do you want him?

Post by Kaltes-Herzeleid »

A mixture of Showa, Legendary and Shin. Emphasis on the cosmic horror elements that's always been there since his debut. Be an extraterrestrial or possibly even interdimenisional God with an ambiguous origin who annihilates planets and life for his own amusement/because he can.

Some other things:
-give him hair again
-multicolored gravity beams like he was originally planned to have in Godzilla Vs. King Ghidorah
-his beams can levitate things like Keizer and Shin King Ghidorah
-bring back the cackling
-have him be one of the early villains of the series who returns leading a full on invasion force towards the end for revenge (could use this to bring back other alien kaiju as well)
Resized Image

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

I wouldn't mind him being more alien. I really like the anime design's body (the bandai at least lmao) and Shin Ghidorah was awesome too.
I'm down for Ghidorah to get weird man.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Basically shove the anime, Legendary, and Shin versions into a blender.

Kaltes-Herzeleid
JXSDF Technician

Post by Kaltes-Herzeleid »

Also, wouldn't mind seeing the blue King Ghidorah design being used in some capacity. Probably not exactly, but a different color.

Maybe as a weaker form before absorbing some massive amount of energy to attain his more powerful golden form.
Resized Image

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

JesstrK wrote:
JAGzilla wrote:This. KOTM gave him his much-needed Hollywood CGI extravaganza, and now he needs to be crammed back in his asteroid to orbit the Solar System for another decade or two Let's get somebody else in the Big Bad spotlight for a change. Anybody else. Hell, let's make Jet Jaguar an evil mastermind and let him have another movie.
Uh...no? I’m fine with not rushing him out right off the bat and giving him a break, but shelving Godzilla’s arch nemesis for a decade or two is a bit excessive. Like I said, I’m fine with not seeing him right away. What I’d prefer is a Thanos style slow build up. We get several story arcs with other monsters as main villains (Gigan, Destoroyah, MechaGodzilla, etc). But at the end of each arc they can hint that something even worse might be out there. Like the black hole aliens show up with MechaGodzilla to invade earth because their planet was destroyed by...something. Then, when Ghidorah finally shows up, we get a version that has all the best attributes of previous versions but also corrects all the flaws of the previous versions. Basically what Showa Ghidorah was originally presented as, scaled up to modern standards. As awesome as KOTM Ghidorah was, I don’t think he was properly scaled to how Ghidorah was originally presented in GTTHM, requiring a three way team up to defeat. Felt like a missed opportunity.
I wholeheartedly agree with this statement.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Let's just have a return to his roots. Let's have what Showa was presented as in GTTHM.
For Emperor and Empire!

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

VoyagerGoji wrote:Let's just have a return to his roots. Let's have what Showa was presented as in GTTHM.
A world destroyer? Did we not get that with Planet Eater and KotM?

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Cryptid_Liker wrote:
VoyagerGoji wrote:Let's just have a return to his roots. Let's have what Showa was presented as in GTTHM.
A world destroyer? Did we not get that with Planet Eater and KotM?
Honestly, I really didn't get that with MonsterVerse KG. But yes, like Anime King Ghidorah. I also want some Lovecraftian Horror elements. So, I want a fusion of Showa and Anime King Ghidorah, but as if H.P. Lovecraft had written him.
For Emperor and Empire!

Eel221
GPN Volunteer

Post by Eel221 »

Kind of weird that Ghidorah almost always dies at the beginning or half of the era. I want him to be a proper final boss.

Gigantis
Sazer

Reiwa Mechagodzilla: How do you want him?

Post by Gigantis »

We have a thread for the other three of Godzilla's biggest rivals, so the next logical step is of course, Mechagodzilla. We've had five distinct versions of the robot Godzilla over his many years of existence. What's a good way to bring him into the modern age?

I want a blend of Showa, Kiryu, RPO and even a pinch of Anime. "But Gigantis! You hate anime Mechagodzilla!" well yeah i do, but c'mon, the Nanometal concept really is a good idea! Just needed to be better done. Imagine Godzilla trying to blow MG apart but he keeps on regenerating. Of course give him some classic powers like the finger missiles and lasers (if not eye lasers, have something that's kinda his equivelant of Godzilla's atomic breath) and make him super agile, but after a while, he begins to grow his own intelligence and go rogue. He breaks free of the JSDF's control and begins to destroy the city even worse than Godzilla does, and humanity is forced to team up with the King to put it down once and for all.

If you don't go that route though, bring back the Berserk concept. That was cool!

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Re: Reiwa Mechagodzilla: How do you want him?

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

I don't care if Mechagodzilla is built by aliens or humans, I just want a totally wicked and badass design. Something like the Mechagodzilla design in that poster of Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla II by Noriyoshi Ohrai. I want it to have a bunch of weapons and abilities and for it to be brutal, chaotic and very active in it's fights. Basically, a combination of the Showa Mechagodzilla and Kiryu with a design similar to the one seen in that Noriyoshi Ohrai illustrated poster.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

I'd say lean more into Showa MG than any other. The endless arsenal of missiles and lasers, the Simeons controlling him, the absolute domination over Godzilla. Everything.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

I really do miss a Mechagodzila that's 1. Built by aliens and 2. Made for malicious intent.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Look at my sig.

That’s how I want him.
For Emperor and Empire!