Your Hopes for World of Godzilla

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Re: Your Hopes for World of Godzilla

Post by Vakanai »

Godzilla: Into the Godzilla-Verse!
A film about Godzilla throughout the multiverse.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Vakanai wrote:Godzilla: Into the Godzilla-Verse!
It's about time the Godzilla franchise tackled that subject.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

A fight in the hanger bays.

We often see Mechagodzilla or Mogera in hanger bays. I'm honestly surprised we've never had a fight in a hanger bay yet. Like maybe Godzilla ends up at the base while they are still repairing the mech and he breaks into the underground hanger so they are forced to fight him in there. Or an alien invasion happens in one or something like a digging monster got into there.

Added in 7 days 1 hour 36 minutes 19 seconds:
Also maybe missiles covered in Reinforced Carbon-Carbon as a heat shielding. Yeas a missile is meant to explode but it's also supposed to reach it's target before that happens and Godzilla has been known to shoot rockets and missiles down before they reach him. Now I get that's be expensive as hell, so maybe save that for super weapons like a Super-X or Mechagodzilla/Moguera.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Living Corpse wrote:Image
I really love that MG!

Added in 5 minutes 24 seconds:
Vakanai wrote:Godzilla: Into the Godzilla-Verse!
Yes! Godzilla from World of Godzilla ends up in some sort of middle ground between dimensions and there’s a lot of portals. He takes a peek in and sees the Godzilla’s of the past.

-Godzilla and Minya chilling with the other kaiju on Monsterland. (Showa, Post-DAM)
-Grown up Junior fighting some obscured monster. (Heisei, Post-GvD)
-Shin still in the induced-hibernation. (Post Movie Events).

Those are just a few examples.

They don’t even have to be fully fleshed out. They could just be fun cameos.
For Emperor and Empire!

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Maybe use some hypersonic missiles on Godzilla.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Living Corpse wrote:Maybe use some hypersonic missiles on Godzilla.
Or why not just bring back some of the other super missiles? Why not the ones from GMK that straight up dug into Godzilla's flesh?

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Gigantis wrote:
Or why not just bring back some of the other super missiles? Why not the ones from GMK that straight up dug into Godzilla's flesh?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypersoni ... evelopment

Enjoy the nightmares.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Living Corpse wrote: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypersoni ... evelopment

Enjoy the nightmares.
Is it strange i'm not really that surprised this is happening?

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

Living Corpse wrote:
Gigantis wrote:

Enjoy the nightmares.
Why all the focus on missiles guys? I'd love to see some more torpedo action with the big G in and underwater. And to keep it high tech and cutting edge with all the hypersonic talk, the torpedoes could have supercavitation.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Gigantis wrote:
Living Corpse wrote: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypersoni ... evelopment

Enjoy the nightmares.
Is it strange i'm not really that surprised this is happening?
Now use that ability to dodge in a Godzilla film where they are harder to shoot down. Maybe even give them heat sheilding like Reinforced Carbon-Carbon so they can withstand Godzilla's blasts.
Vakanai wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:
Gigantis wrote:

Enjoy the nightmares.
Why all the focus on missiles guys? I'd love to see some more torpedo action with the big G in and underwater. And to keep it high tech and cutting edge with all the hypersonic talk, the torpedoes could have supercavitation.
Now you're speaking my language. If the Super-X2 had those it would have done more than force him back to the surface, it probably would have drawn blood.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

BTW I literally learned about supercavitation like 1 or 2 weeks ago from that Mysteries of the Deep show.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Vakanai wrote:BTW I literally learned about supercavitation like 1 or 2 weeks ago from that Mysteries of the Deep show.
HA!

Another idea is maybe use Teflon missiles like in the Godzilla 2000 novel.

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

Shockingly, I would love if Toho tackled Kong again. Making him a series regular ala Rodan in the Showa era would be awesome! This may not be the thread (if not please correct me), but if Toho wanted to buy the rights to Kong, couldn't they do what Legendary is doing and use the Kong that is in public domain and avoid the classic story? Even if that means calling him Kong and not King Kong?

Regardless, I would love to see Toho tackle Kong again. I would also love to see monsters both new and old. King Caesar, Rodan, Anguirus, etc. I want them to really try and build a continuity, but also try and build Godzilla as a character. Have him lose a couple fights, regroup, and come back way more prepared. Play on his emotions with his son, with him being the last and first of his kind, how he treats other monsters before and after a battle, give us less random power ups and more of him out-smarting his opponents (like I just said). I have marathoned all the Godzilla films a few times now, and the recurring issue I see is he keeps being granted plot powers rather than actually earning a fight himself. So yeah, for once I want to see him try to outsmart another tough opponent and use his strength/abilities to his advantage. Really play on his sentience as well. Have that big bad that just completely crushes Godzilla and the other earth defenders, really break Godzilla. And then have him come back from that and prove he is the king of the monsters. Explore new themes and old themes, and really emphasize character and world building while maintaining that sense of focus within each film. Have nods to other films or future films, do set up for future films, but make it subtle. Have each film feel contained and almost like it could be a stand alone while also being a sequel. This is such an exciting topic tho!

Almost forgot! CGI or suitmation? I would honestly be fine with either. If they go with suitmation, I would make sure that they film it the same way the Heisei Gamera trilogy was filmed in that they maintain that sense of realism and sense of scale like that trilogy managed to do. If they go with CGI, I don't know how you would make a Toho CGI Kong or King Caesar look convincing, but if they can then I would go with that! I would also utilize motion capture yet also make the monsters able to have their own special ways of say walking or fighting. That way you don't have to be limited to suit acting and having monsters that are always biped or just look like men in suits.
Image Image

szmigiel
G-Force Personnel

Post by szmigiel »

Really strong core of script writers that craft well built stories with Kaiju in them. Stories acknowledging events that happened in pervious movies; see reconstruction of areas devastated in another film, if a anti Kaiju weapon is introduced see it used again, some reoccurring background characters. Plots where you look back on the film and you see thing foreshadowed, not things that make you question what the screenwriters were thinking in the first two acts.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

I’d love to see a crazy all out battle with a ton of monsters.
For Emperor and Empire!

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

VoyagerGoji wrote:I’d love to see a crazy all out battle with a ton of monsters.
Several times this. That's something we've never really had in the movies, is a giant free-for-all involving a large number of monsters.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

VoyagerGoji wrote:I’d love to see a crazy all out battle with a ton of monsters.
Oh heck yeah! I wanna see Godzilla just get into a big battle royale of monsters.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Have the Godzilla reboot be a direct sequel to Godzilla 1984.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Desghidorah
G-Grasper

Post by Desghidorah »

miguelnuva wrote:Have the Godzilla reboot be a direct sequel to Godzilla 1984.
Actually, I'd be okay with this. If we gotta do a reboot sequel, a slightly more recent solo outing might be a good venture and still have the omnipresent threat Godzilla will get free of the volcano.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

miguelnuva wrote:Have the Godzilla reboot be a direct sequel to Godzilla 1984.
Back when G2K was in production, I recall there was a rumor that it would follow RoG. I hoped we’d see Godzilla claw his way out of Mt. Mihara again but nope.

I wouldn’t be against it for a new film but that’s just more exposition the filmmakers have to handle.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.