Your Hopes for World of Godzilla

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Godzilla2020
GPN Volunteer

Re: Your Hopes for World of Godzilla

Post by Godzilla2020 »

While I would like to see Godzilla fight with some more skill, I personally would prefer that he rip and tear some more. I especially want to see him use his claws some more. Slash a Kaiju across the face, stab his arm in using his claws as penetration points, use them to add some stab to his grip, savagery like that.

Also, I'd kill to see Godzilla bite into something and thrash it, or do a pounce attack and follow it up with a mauling, like he almost did to a demon in Godzilla in Hell.

As for thrashing, think of something like this:
https://youtu.be/jRWNYXzryK8?t=4

Not just Godzilla, have many other Kaiju do this. That and bring back Mothra Leo and have him be a tooth and claw savage on top of a range weapons beast.
Last edited by Godzilla2020 on Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

Godzilla2020 wrote:While I would like to see Godzilla fight with some more skill, I personally would prefer that he rip and tear some more. I especially want to see him use his claws some more. Slash a Kaiju across the face, stab his arm in using his claws as penetration points, use them to ad some tab to his grip, savagery like that.

Also, I'd kill to see Godzilla bite into something and thrash it, or do a pounce attack and follow it up with a mauling, like he almost did to a demon in Godzilla in Hell.

Not just Godzilla, have many other Kaiju do this. That and bring back Mothra Leo and have him be a tooth and claw savage on top of a range weapons beast.
oOH ma gad!
Image Image

Kaijucifer
G-Grasper

Post by Kaijucifer »

Ah, just started looking around the forums here since the GvK spoilers thread seems to never be open again, found this and thought "why do people think it's gonna be a cinematic universe or something, for all we know it could be a theme park or something". I'm sure we'd have heard rumblings or something about Toho discussing a future Live Action series for Godzilla there. It's been several years now after all.
Reason I bring this up is because I haven't seen any confirmations of anything, and it felt like people just assumed "Godzilla World" or "World Of Godzilla" just meant a new movie series. So many possibilities, my thought is that Toho is expanding out and making stuff along with the MC movies, as evidenced by G:SP and all these other things they're doing. If it does turn out to be a new LA series, then fine. But I just wanted to see what people think in regards to it not being so. Because I'm not really sure what to be hoping for otherwise when Legendary has already gotten everything I could have asked for in terms of Live Action. I just wanna see Godzilla explore animation now and test the limits in that medium.

Excuse the massive wall of text, I kinda forgot to space out my post.
"The day of the Crystal King will arrive like a hunter in the night. The King has been burdened by the sins of many...and the greatest of sinners deny his love."
DISCLAIMER: I am neurodivergent (high functioning autism). What I say may not be meant in the negative way it may seem to neurotypicals.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

Kaijucifer wrote:Ah, just started looking around the forums here since the GvK spoilers thread seems to never be open again, found this and thought "why do people think it's gonna be a cinematic universe or something, for all we know it could be a theme park or something". I'm sure we'd have heard rumblings or something about Toho discussing a future Live Action series for Godzilla there. It's been several years now after all.
Reason I bring this up is because I haven't seen any confirmations of anything, and it felt like people just assumed "Godzilla World" or "World Of Godzilla" just meant a new movie series. So many possibilities, my thought is that Toho is expanding out and making stuff along with the MC movies, as evidenced by G:SP and all these other things they're doing. If it does turn out to be a new LA series, then fine. But I just wanted to see what people think in regards to it not being so. Because I'm not really sure what to be hoping for otherwise when Legendary has already gotten everything I could have asked for in terms of Live Action. I just wanna see Godzilla explore animation now and test the limits in that medium.

Excuse the massive wall of text, I kinda forgot to space out my post.
I do think that there will be new live action movies, but no I don't think that the World of Godzilla is some new big cinematic universe. I expect something similar to the Millennium films. You will have your Shin Godzillas, Monster Planet Godzillas, Singular Point Godzillas, and more unconnected Godzillas all in a span of time. Some live action movies, some anime movies or series, maybe some videogames, theme park rides like Shin Godzilla vs Neon Genesis Evangelion (which introduced Shin King Ghidorah), museum videos like that one for the original Godzilla suit actor or that new Godzilla museum, that chibi Godzilla thing, that puppet Godzilla and sons show, cameos like that Shinkansen Henkei Robo Shinkalion movie, etc.

Basically all the different unrelated Godzilla stuff we've gotten out of Japan in the last four years? I believe that this is what World of Godzilla is really, just that there's going to be more of an international push from them. We're seeing the basic model being done now in Japan, and they're just going to expand on that. That's my belief anyway, and I'm super excited for it. So many awesome possiblities this way.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

Denis
Monsterland Worker

Post by Denis »

Godzilla2020 wrote:While I would like to see Godzilla fight with some more skill, I personally would prefer that he rip and tear some more. I especially want to see him use his claws some more. Slash a Kaiju across the face, stab his arm in using his claws as penetration points, use them to ad some tab to his grip, savagery like that.

That would be nice. I do like the fighting style in films like Godzilla Final Wars and comics like Godzilla Rulers of Earth. But I think we can go back to animalistic fighting. But yeah that would be a good idea for how Godzilla should fight.

imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by imposterzilla »

I would love a movie that consists of animated shorts ala Godzilla the Comic.

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

imposterzilla wrote:I would love a movie that consists of animated shorts ala Godzilla the Comic.
If they brought Bagorah to screen, I'd cry tears of joy! Bagorah, Camazotz, give me all the bats!

oh fuck
Image Image

Godzilla2020
GPN Volunteer

Post by Godzilla2020 »

KingKong2005 wrote:

oOH ma gad!
:lol:
It's nice to see that others share my vision for Godzilla's fighting style. Thb while his hero phase was nice, it's appeal to kids has really dampened Godzilla's tooth and claw savagery.

Also, if we were to see Kong in this universe, have him do the one thing that live Gorillas do that he unfortunately hasn't done in a long time, put his fangs to use:

I would show some results but those aren't allowed apparently.

Meanwhile Kong's own fangs appear just as proportionately large if not larger. Even if his teeth aren't up there with Godzilla's mouth full of steak knives, it's most definitely formidable in it's own right.

What do you think?
Last edited by Godzilla2020 on Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Sure, why not.

Anyways, we're making breakthroughs in Quantum science, would like to see that incorporated in monsters, weapons and mecha.

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

I would like to see a Godzilla movie that revolves around stories of working class human characters as opposed to the usual government/military/media type characters. I've always wondered what happens in these films to the ordinary people just going about their daily lives. I think there's a lot of opportunities for engaging story telling here. I feel like Gojira touched on this to an extent but it still was not the focus of the film.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

One that just popped in my head is that hopefully Toho will hire an actual American actor and/or actress who speaks English as their first language to play American characters (looking at you Destoroyah and Shin).

Another idea I have is that over the course of the series, Japan will NOT be able to completely rebuild any given city each movie and instead, their society will break down as a result of frequent Kaiju attacks.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

I think it'd be cool if they do a Period Piece, during Kublai Khans Mongol raid on Tsushima. Except instead of a Typhoon wiping out thousands of Mongolians, like in real life. It'd be Godzilla's first appearance near Japan.

We'd get Samurai, and a massive Godzilla wiping ships of Mongols with ease. It'd be incredible.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Denis
Monsterland Worker

Post by Denis »

I would actually like to see Monster Island, maybe have a film and a spin-off series focusing on Monster Island.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Maybe we'll get that Soviet Gigan that was a concept for Project Mechagodzilla.

Timestamp: 16:25
For Emperor and Empire!

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

VoyagerGoji wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 2:25 pm Maybe we'll get that Soviet Gigan that was a concept for Project Mechagodzilla.

Wikizilla vid

Timestamp: 16:25
..That is so weird.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Diablos
Ronin

Post by Diablos »

_JNavs_ wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:21 am I think it'd be cool if they do a Period Piece, during Kublai Khans Mongol raid on Tsushima. Except instead of a Typhoon wiping out thousands of Mongolians, like in real life. It'd be Godzilla's first appearance near Japan.

We'd get Samurai, and a massive Godzilla wiping ships of Mongols with ease. It'd be incredible.
Love the idea of a Godzilla period piece in general.