Monster Hunter the Movie!?

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Monster Hunter the Movie!?

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

TyrantGojira
EDF Instructor

Re: Monster Hunter the Movie!?

Post by TyrantGojira »

I have a bad feeling about this.
"Am I glad he's frozen in there and that we're out here, and that he's the sheriff, and that we're frozen out here, and that we're in there and I just remembered we're out here. What I wanna know is where's the caveman?"

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Its not like the story of the games is the deepest of plots.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!

PRIMEVAL
Gotengo Officer

Post by PRIMEVAL »

Neither was Doom's plot, but they still screwed up the movie :lol:

TyrantGojira
EDF Instructor

Post by TyrantGojira »

True, but Hollywood screwed up House of the Dead and that had a simple as heck plot. I just hope the director and production crew will be good.
"Am I glad he's frozen in there and that we're out here, and that he's the sheriff, and that we're frozen out here, and that we're in there and I just remembered we're out here. What I wanna know is where's the caveman?"

Omegamorph
Interpol Agent

Post by Omegamorph »

Fantastic news, been waiting for an announcement like this for the longest time. I have played the games sporadically really but I'm really in love with the world they built and those fantasy ecosystems and the way everything works, so I'm definitely in
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.
miguelnuva wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:47 pm With this being an Oscar for best visual effects you can also joke and say Godzilla really did win the oscar.

TyrantGojira
EDF Instructor

Post by TyrantGojira »

I'm hoping that the main villainous monster in the movie is the Deviljho.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

I know a few years back Paul WS Anderson was interested in making a Monster Hunter film. That was some time ago though so don't worry I seriously doubt he's connected any longer.

Omegamorph
Interpol Agent

Post by Omegamorph »

He'd be a good choice as long as someone else writes the script

Bring on FATALIS as the villain!!!
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.
miguelnuva wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:47 pm With this being an Oscar for best visual effects you can also joke and say Godzilla really did win the oscar.

ZillaJr-KaijuKing
G-Force Personnel

Post by ZillaJr-KaijuKing »

I honestly don't know how to feel about this. On one hand, these are my favorite video games of all time (along with Skyrim). On the other hand, video game-based movies rarely turn out well. How is a franchise focused almost exclusively on gameplay with virtually no story going to translate to a movie?

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

RUN! for the love of god R U N!
Godzilla

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Demon Lord Gira »

This... I have no words for. I just hope we get a good product from this, and not a half assed movie.
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

So Paul Anderson is still attached. His treatment is interesting to say the least.
The logline for the film reads, "For every Monster, there is a Hero. An ordinary man in a dead end job discovers that he is actually the descendant of an ancient hero. He must travel to a mystical world to train to become a Monster Hunter, before the mythical creatures from that world destroy ours."
So basically he wants to partially turn Monster Hunter into a kaiju movie.

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

This sounds like a remake of Dragon Wars, IMO.

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Demon Lord Gira »

Cancer..... CAAAAAAAAAANCEEEEEEEEER...

This just sounds so... generic to me. I'm placing my expectations below the ground for this one.
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

SomeknowmeasXeno
Terminated
Terminated

Post by SomeknowmeasXeno »

First off. Why of all Capcom properties is this getting a movie? I mean I wanna kick a toddler every time they shit on RE by bringing out another one of those fucking movies, and the Street Fighter movie is so bad it's good but why this series? Can, can we at least attempt Devil May Cry...? Okami? Dare I bring up Mega Man? They sure as hell won't. Yeah each one would very likely be shit but they have stories, the source material is actually good, they have enough merit to 'earn' a film .

Secondly. I agree with Gira, this is sounding generic as fuck.

And last but not least. WHY? WHY?
"Tonight, when the blood moon finishes rising, I will summon my brother Yuul'syqpoth into this sphere of existence, and that's absolutely fantastic."

SUPERTOHOREMIX
Futurian

Post by SUPERTOHOREMIX »

This can either be dumb fun, or straight up garbage.

A generic Hollywood story or fan fiction brought to life ...

SomeknowmeasXeno
Terminated
Terminated

^ It's a sad day when both can be either one. I'd sooner trust actual fans though with any property than Hollywood.
"Tonight, when the blood moon finishes rising, I will summon my brother Yuul'syqpoth into this sphere of existence, and that's absolutely fantastic."

Omegamorph
Interpol Agent

Post by Omegamorph »

SomeknowmeasXeno wrote:First off. Why of all Capcom properties is this getting a movie? I mean I wanna kick a toddler every time they shit on RE by bringing out another one of those skreeonking movies, and the Street Fighter movie is so bad it's good but why this series? Can, can we at least attempt Devil May Cry...? Okami? Dare I bring up Mega Man?
Do those series have Tigrex

do they

SomeknowmeasXeno
Terminated
Terminated

Omegamorph wrote:
SomeknowmeasXeno wrote:First off. Why of all Capcom properties is this getting a movie? I mean I wanna kick a toddler every time they shit on RE by bringing out another one of those skreeonking movies, and the Street Fighter movie is so bad it's good but why this series? Can, can we at least attempt Devil May Cry...? Okami? Dare I bring up Mega Man?
Do those series have Tigrex

do they
No, but do you know what they do have? Interesting stories and good characters. And fun gameplay.