Godzilla: Male or Female?

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
wrongnote85
G-Force Personnel

Re: Godzilla '54: Male or Female?

Post by wrongnote85 »

jesus christ, some of you folks take this shit WAY too seriously.

TokyoVigilante
Futurian

Post by TokyoVigilante »

wrongnote85 wrote:jesus christ, some of you folks take this shit WAY too seriously.
You're right, correcting misconceptions and discouraging false information is really serious.

I would recommend you get off your goddamn high horse and consider this a verbal warning.
“I have never listened to anyone who criticized my taste in space travel, sideshows or gorillas. When this occurs, I pack up my dinosaurs and leave the room.” - Ray Bradbury

TokyoVigilante
Futurian

Post by TokyoVigilante »

I didn't know joining a Godzilla Message Board was a VIP pass to Coolsville and us "obsessive serious types" were cramping someones style. That sure does give them a right to be a pompous dick.

I'll make sure to let people continue to make shit up as they go, state it as fact, and then stubbornly refuse to admit they're wrong and not bother them. Wouldn't want to be an Urkel in a room of Fonzies.
“I have never listened to anyone who criticized my taste in space travel, sideshows or gorillas. When this occurs, I pack up my dinosaurs and leave the room.” - Ray Bradbury

Dillyziller
Terminated
Terminated

Godzilla: Male or Female?

Post by Dillyziller »

Ever since the first godzilla movie there is a huge question, Is Godzilla a male or a female?

Well many people think he's a female just because of his son, minya(or minilla). But I think Godzilla is a male and here's why.

-In Godzilla vs the sea monster he has a small love intrist with a female human

-In Son of Godzilla and Godzilla's revenge, you can here Minya repeatedly saying "Grandfather" with is ofcourse
the male version of grandmother(duh)

- Godzilla is referd to as the king of the monsters not the queen of the monsters LOL
^This post in sexually offensive.

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Re: Godzilla: Male or Female?

Post by Arbok »

Godzilla is male unless you are talking about the asexual GODZILLA from 1998, end of discussion. ;-)

Sadly, most of the Toho monsters get classified as males beyond very few, like Mothra and Biollante.
Dillyzilla the Kaiju wrote:-In Godzilla vs the sea monster he has a small love intrist with a female human
That was written for the King Kong character, so probably not the best example.
If it bites... don't mess with it!

Dillyziller
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Dillyziller »

I know but still, I think they would change that if Godzilla were female LOL :lol:

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

Dillyzilla the Kaiju wrote: Well many people think he's a female just because of his son, Minya(or Minilla).
That's news to me.

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

Ya so how bout this, everything about Godzilla kinda screams masculenity ( ya spell check that) he isn't really ever said to be male or female but I say male. If your wondering about minya, try and imagine the 54goji poopin out that massive egg......ya.... I say the egg was there before and somehow got mutated by some form of radiation. If you don't want to believe that, then I gots another theory for ya. There is never any where when it tells you that there is one Godzilla. In my humble opinion there could be like 3 gojis we really don't no. In son of Godzilla, the Godzilla could be an entirely different goji. And if you say destroy all monsters(which I have to say Godzilla is male in) possibly minya kinda just met up with that Godzilla and him seeing another of his species, kinda let him tag along. Idk, looking back on it my theory is kinda complicated and a little overkill. How bout we all agree it really doesnt matter :)
Resized Image

Ligerzilla2014
G-Grasper

Post by Ligerzilla2014 »

Tyler wrote:Monster eggs are always gigantic.
Yeah :). Mothra's womb must be some sort of pocket dimension.

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

*wonders why this is still under debate; gives up and quietly walks away*

Dillyziller
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Dillyziller »

Godzilla is INDEED a male. However, in the lost film "The volcano monsters" Godzilla was suppost to be female because of the fact that close to the end of the film, Godzilla was strangely gonna lay egg's.

Shadow
Futurian

Post by Shadow »

Rody wrote:*wonders why this is still under debate; gives up and quietly walks away*
*Grabs Rody and sits him down.*
Now now, that's mean. Let's hear them out.
Male, can't think of Godzilla as a female.
Half as long, twice as bright.
Resized ImageResized Image
Greatest Advertisement of all time.
Greatest Parody Video of all time.
TK's Resident Master Crazy Narrator and Attack on Titan fan

Ligerzilla2014
G-Grasper

Post by Ligerzilla2014 »

Gawdziller wrote:
ligerzilla2014 wrote:
Tyler wrote:Monster eggs are always gigantic.
Yeah :). Mothra's womb must be some sort of pocket dimension.
Great. Now I'm horny.
Sounds like someone needs a visit from the Kaiju girls.

gzilla46
Futurian

Post by gzilla46 »

Arbok wrote:Godzilla is male unless you are talking about the asexual GODZILLA from 1998, end of discussion. ;-)
Why was Godzilla asexual in that movie? Did he fuse with a nearby frog during his mutation process?
Shadow Arena Records:

Wins: 1
Losses: 0

Legionmaster
Xilien Halfling

Post by Legionmaster »

I'd just like to point out that GINO isn't asexual, he's hermaphroditic. There's a difference.
bleep bloop

Legionmaster
Xilien Halfling

Post by Legionmaster »

No, Jurassic Park had females that switched sex, got down with the remaining females, and had normal sexual intercourse. GINO had a hermaphrodite fertalize its own eggs. These are totally different things.
bleep bloop

Mincecraft
JXSDF Technician

Post by Mincecraft »

I've just stuck with male. Just seems more natural for the character. I'm sure there's great evidence otherwise, but I just can't see Godzilla as female (not hatin' on the women here).

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Alex Cox was quite certain that Godzilla is female, and was more than happy to tell Toho so.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Varan Bon Ziller wrote:
eabaker wrote:Alex Cox was quite certain that Godzilla is female, and was more than happy to tell Toho so.
Who and why?
Director of Repo Man, who was lobbying Toho at one point to let him make a Godzilla movie, and sent them a letter (later published) which detailed what he thought Godzilla was all about.

An Alex Cox Godzilla movie would have been very weird, but there's nothing wrong with weird.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

kpa
G-Grasper

Post by kpa »

Mincecraft wrote:I've just stuck with male. Just seems more natural for the character. I'm sure there's great evidence otherwise...
Truthfully, there's not.
eabaker wrote:
Varan Bon Ziller wrote:
eabaker wrote:Alex Cox was quite certain that Godzilla is female, and was more than happy to tell Toho so.
Who and why?
Director of Repo Man, who was lobbying Toho at one point to let him make a Godzilla movie, and sent them a letter (later published) which detailed what he thought Godzilla was all about.
Cox wanted to direct the TriStar GODZILLA but didn't contact either TriStar or Toho directly. Instead, he sent his weird "Godzilla is a mother" letter to the Japanese movie magazine Kinema Junpo, who published it. I've never heard if anyone at Toho even read the letter... I don't think they've ever commented on it.

It was a strange way to apply for a job, particularly since Toho wasn't in charge of choosing the director for that film.