Godzilla: Male or Female?

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
menschenjaeger
Monsterland Worker

Re: Godzilla '54: Male or Female?

Post by menschenjaeger »

Because Godzilla is a Japanese sci-fi villain, we can assume Godzilla is transgendered.

pta917
Xilien Halfling

Post by pta917 »

maybe the godzilla from '54 and '55 were a couple.
Davros wrote:This is my ultimate victory, Doctor! The destruction of REALITY ITSELF!

MechaZillaClone
GPN Volunteer

Post by MechaZillaClone »

could be, it makes sense
Shadow Arena
Wins-0
Losses-2

TokyoVigilante
Futurian

Post by TokyoVigilante »

miguelnuva wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:I think Goji '54 was female. It explains how Minya was born and the size difference between her and Goji '84.

But what's this I hear about a Minya growth chart? Could anyone show me a pic of it?
Minya is about as fake to Goji 84 as he is to me and you.

As for the size difference,

Godzila 54= one nuclear test

Godzilla 84= two nuclear tests

Godzilla 91= three nuclear tests
I don't understand why people just insist on making shit up.

There is no in-universe explanation for the size difference and there doesn't need to be. The size difference is entirely a film production based decision.
“I have never listened to anyone who criticized my taste in space travel, sideshows or gorillas. When this occurs, I pack up my dinosaurs and leave the room.” - Ray Bradbury

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

TokyoVigilante wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:I think Goji '54 was female. It explains how Minya was born and the size difference between her and Goji '84.

But what's this I hear about a Minya growth chart? Could anyone show me a pic of it?
Minya is about as fake to Goji 84 as he is to me and you.

As for the size difference,

Godzila 54= one nuclear test

Godzilla 84= two nuclear tests

Godzilla 91= three nuclear tests
I don't understand why people just insist on making shit up.

There is no in-universe explanation for the size difference and there doesn't need to be. The size difference is entirely a film production based decision.
That state in the movie that Godzilla's size has increased due to more nuclear exposure. While I may be wrong about the number of test done to 84 Godzilla and 91 Godzilla it is a fact that 91 Godzilla's size is increased due to a second or third nuclear weapon being absorbed by hi,.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

TokyoVigilante
Futurian

Post by TokyoVigilante »

The specific line in the film is that he's larger because of being exposed to modern nuclear fallout. Not that he was exposed to "multiple tests". There's no need in making things up for the sake of answering a question, all that does is spread misinformation and that's a big enough problem as it is with Godzilla stuff.
“I have never listened to anyone who criticized my taste in space travel, sideshows or gorillas. When this occurs, I pack up my dinosaurs and leave the room.” - Ray Bradbury

TokyoVigilante
Futurian

Post by TokyoVigilante »

I remember that. There's still people who think G2K is Godzilla Jr. and the only reason it persists is because people preferring a false, cooler notion instead of what is actually true or taking the time to find out for sure.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

TokyoVigilante wrote:The specific line in the film is that he's larger because of being exposed to modern nuclear fallout. Not that he was exposed to "multiple tests". There's no need in making things up for the sake of answering a question, all that does is spread misinformation and that's a big enough problem as it is with Godzilla stuff.
This is true but it's also the second time he's being exposed to a nuclear strike on that level, if modern nuclear energy was all Godzilla needed too increase in size wouldn't he have increased in the RoG?

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

The Godzillasaurus was mutated from it's original height, which then became the 80 meter Godzilla that attacked in the 80's. He was then exposed to nuclear fallout, and became even bigger in '91. Why is this so hard for you to understand?
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Not to mention that if they actually erased Godzilla, nobody would know who he was (Unless the '54 was still around)
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Goji wrote:The Godzillasaurus was mutated from it's original height, which then became the 80 meter Godzilla that attacked in the 80's. He was then exposed to nuclear fallout, and became even bigger in '91. Why is this so hard for you to understand?
This is exactly what I am saying.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

No, it's not.

You're arguing that Godzilla should have become "bigger" in THE RETURN OF GODZILLA because was already exposed to "modern" nuclear fallout in the 70's; before '91.

If that's not what you were trying to say, then, well..you need to do a better job of explaining things, because that's what it looks like.
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Goji wrote:No, it's not.

You're arguing that Godzilla should have become "bigger" in THE RETURN OF GODZILLA because was already exposed to "modern" nuclear fallout in the 70's; before '91.

If that's not what you were trying to say, then, well..you need to do a better job of explaining things, because that's what it looks like.
This is what I'm trying to say, Godzilla was exposed to more modern nuclear energy in 84 it doesn't cause him to grow. In 91 He's exposed to a high amount which I believe most have been similar to the amount of energy that created him and thus this is why he grew in 91 and why I say the 91 Heisei Godzilla has been exposed to two nuclear accidents.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

PRIMEVAL
Gotengo Officer

Post by PRIMEVAL »

TokyoVigilante wrote:I remember that. There's still people who think G2K is Godzilla Jr. and the only reason it persists is because people preferring a false, cooler notion instead of what is actually true or taking the time to find out for sure.
Basically about 90% of the Godzilla fan base on Youtube...find a random G-video and I bet you'll find a discussion about how Jr became G2k. -.-

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

miguelnuva wrote:
This is what I'm trying to say, Godzilla was exposed to more modern nuclear energy in 84 it doesn't cause him to grow.
You see, but he was. In the 70's (he was mutated before '84), a sub crashed and the nuclear energy is what changed the Godzillasaurus into Godzilla, which then attacked in '84 and '89. This is explained in GODZILLA VS. KING GHIDORAH.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Goji wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:
This is what I'm trying to say, Godzilla was exposed to more modern nuclear energy in 84 it doesn't cause him to grow.
You see, but he was. In the 70's (he was mutated before '84), a sub crashed and the nuclear energy is what changed the Godzillasaurus into Godzilla, which then attacked in '84 and '89. This is explained in GODZILLA VS. KING GHIDORAH.
I know in the 70's Godzillasaurus is exposed and turns into the 84/89 Godzilla.

84/89 Godzilla is exposed to nuclear energy in Return and I think Biollante but it's only enough to recharge what he already is feeding on.

In 91 he's exposed to so much extra nuclear energy that it destroys the ANEB and causes him to grow to 100 meters.

That's how I look at it.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

miguelnuva wrote:
I know in the 70's Godzillasaurus is exposed and turns into the 84/89 Godzilla.
Well you sure as hell didn't make it very clear that you already knew that.
84/89 Godzilla is exposed to nuclear energy in Return and I think Biollante but it's only enough to recharge what he already is feeding on.
Uhh, no. He's NOT exposed to any more nuclear energy in '84 or '89. Where the hell did you get that from? The mutation of Godzillasaurus to a full fledged Godzilla happened in the 70's. You literally just acknowledged this, and now you're contradicting yourself. Wtf?
Last edited by Goji on Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

Living Corpse wrote:I think Miguelnuva is asking why didn't he grow when feeding off the power plant in ROG.

And the answer is probably cause their was less energy then what you would find in an atomic explosion or the fact that he didn't even eat that much, he left after only a minute of feeding when he saw birds. Or hell maybe it's just random, sometimes Godzilla's grow from radiation other times they don't. We only got a Meltdown Godzilla once, not everytime he was exposed.

*Shrugs*
*waits for miguelnuva to come in and say "yeah, this is what I'm saying", when it's clearly not*

I'm with you, LC. I doubt it was a high enough dosage to cause any further mutation.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Living Corpse wrote:I think Miguelnuva is asking why didn't he grow when feeding off the power plant in ROG.

And the answer is probably cause their was less energy then what you would find in an atomic explosion or the fact that he didn't even eat that much, he left after only a minute of feeding when he saw birds. Or hell maybe it's just random, sometimes Godzilla's grow from radiation other times they don't. We only got a Meltdown Godzilla once, not everytime he was exposed.

*Shrugs*
What I'm saying is similar to this, Godzilla eats radiation in 84 but he needs an excess amount to change in 84 he just recharges himself in 91 the sub sinking gave enough energy to recharge him, kill the ANEB and cause him to grow in size and power.

So I try to say this clear one more time.

70's: Godzilla is exposed to first nuclear accident becomes 84 Godzilla.

84/89: Godzilla is exposed to nuclear energy in a nuclear reactor it's only enough to recharge him.

91: Godzilla is exposed to another nuclear accident this cures him of the ANEB, recharges him and causes him to grow to 100 meters. (Godzilla takes in more energy then what his body needs.)

95: Birth Island explosion overloads Godzilla again into his meltdown state.(Godzilla takes in more energy then what his body needs.)

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

wrongnote85
G-Force Personnel

Post by wrongnote85 »

jesus christ, some of you folks take this shit WAY too seriously.