Most Annoying/Least Favorite monster roar

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
wrongnote85
G-Force Personnel

Re: Most Annoying/Least Favorite monster roar

Post by wrongnote85 »

Rody wrote:WHAT is wrong with Gamera's roar??? :eh:
it's what made me want to start this thread in the first place. go back and read the OP, i think i said something about the belt slipping off an 35 year old jalopy.

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

Ah, yes, that's right.

Personally, I really like Gamera's roar. It sounds very animalistic and ominous.

wrongnote85
G-Force Personnel

Post by wrongnote85 »

it might not be so bad if he didn't do it CONSTANTLY

wrongnote85
G-Force Personnel

Post by wrongnote85 »

i haven't seen it, but i can't imagine anything more grating and terrible than his old school one.

don't get me wrong, i think gamera is awesome. i just hate is roar.

Gojisan866
G-Force Personnel

Post by Gojisan866 »

Gabara, definitely. It's really quite annoying. Also, I like Titanosaurus' roar, I had no idea people didn't...
I'm back? I guess. Haven't posted here in a loooooong time.

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

Varan, Baragon, and Gorosaurus had identical roars, and I cannot tell them apart at all. This is just a pet peeve. I'm not saying I dislike it, but it does get on my nerves.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

wrongnote85
G-Force Personnel

Post by wrongnote85 »

on a side note, my 5 year old daughter and i watched the 92 GvsM the other day. neither of us had ever seen it before. when battra showed up and started making sounds, my little one looked at me with shock and said, "dad, why does that thing sound like rodan???"

i felt very proud about that.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

^ You should. That's an awesome kid, right there. Wish my little brother and sister (four and six years old) would show that much interest. The only kaiju-related thing I've gotten them to care about is Godzilla: Save The Earth, and all they do with that is argue over which monsters to play as, then never actually play. :(
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

wrongnote85 wrote:on a side note, my 5 year old daughter and i watched the 92 GvsM the other day. neither of us had ever seen it before. when battra showed up and started making sounds, my little one looked at me with shock and said, "dad, why does that thing sound like rodan???"

I'm not trying to derail the thread, but they seemed to get a bit lazy with some of the sound effects in the Heisei series. King Ghidorah and Mecha-King Ghidorah have modified Rodan roars as well.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Showa Gyaos wrote:Varan, Baragon, and Gorosaurus had identical roars, and I cannot tell them apart at all. This is just a pet peeve. I'm not saying I dislike it, but it does get on my nerves.
Gorosaurus does have a slightly different roar. It's a little more high pitched. Its not much of a difference, but it's there.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

ebirahsmeg1
Gotengo Officer

Post by ebirahsmeg1 »

Showa Gyaos wrote:Varan, Baragon, and Gorosaurus
Varan and Baragon's roars were identical, so that is understandable(thankfully Baragon was give his own unique roar later on in GMK). But sorry, I just don't understand at all those who say that can't tell Gorosaurus' roar from Varan/Baragon...to me, it's very distinctive and easily recognizable (especially in KKE). Of course, these roars are definitely similar, but I have no problem whatsoever distinguishing Gorosaurus from Varan/Baragon's cry. I think people get confused from Gorosaurus' appearance in DAM in Paris where he actually did use Baragon's roar because he was a last minute substitute. Speaking of which, I always found this "last minute substitute" as a lame excuse for all the Gorosaurus/Baragon nonsense in that film (you'd think they would have noticed in post-production/editing that "Duh...gee, this isn't Baragon in these scenes!" :idea: :!: :roll: ) One of the all time most baffling goofs/blunders of the entire series...
GIANT CONDOR!!!!!!!! :shock:

"Someone kick me, kick me hard! We're stupid." - Corn on the cob eatin' Hippie (Godzilla vs Gigan)

Giga Kaiju
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Giga Kaiju »

Showa Gyaos wrote:
wrongnote85 wrote:on a side note, my 5 year old daughter and i watched the 92 GvsM the other day. neither of us had ever seen it before. when battra showed up and started making sounds, my little one looked at me with shock and said, "dad, why does that thing sound like rodan???"

I'm not trying to derail the thread, but they seemed to get a bit lazy with some of the sound effects in the Heisei series. King Ghidorah and Mecha-King Ghidorah have modified Rodan roars as well.
MKG although its a modified roar of our beloved Rodan. It sounds "robotic" so i dont see that as big of a deal.
With KG its the same deal, yeah its a copy of the roar and stuff but it sounds evil and i like it.

With Battra...hell no...at one point of the movie, when changed from Larval to Imago he made a "new" roar
(if i remember correctly) that should be his main roar and not the one he has.
UNSTOPPABLE FURY. UNTHINKABLE POWER. UNBREAKABLE WILL.
tymon wrote:Man, it really makes me laugh when I remember that all this drama is centered around a fictional, giant atomic monster. Damn you, Godzilla!
Gawdziller wrote:Doesn't matter what's moot or not. We'll just move onto the next thing to bitch about, then tangent onto something unrelated and bitch about that, and get trollbaited back on topic so we can bitch some more. It's the circle of life.

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

I assumed that new sound was not a roar, but merely a sound emitted by the transformation process. It didn't sound very good for a vocal, anyway.

demoylition
Interpol Agent

Post by demoylition »

Yup, Gabra and Minya have the worst roars. Weird roar and a donkey squeal
Shadow Arena: 2 win 1 loss

Gojiiiiii
Young Farmer

Post by Gojiiiiii »

I have to say Gabera and Minya

There roars are annoying as crap

Godzilla1703
Gotengo Officer

Post by Godzilla1703 »

Gabara...just Gabara...

It sounds like a car that won't start.
Shadow Arena History: Wins: 37(I'm heading for 50 :D) Losses: 26
Chris55 wrote:
Varan Bon Ziller wrote:^

Wont see that shit in Godzilla.
We did. A whole movie was based around it. It was called "GINO".

:)

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

I might get some flak for this, but I think Varan's roar sounds better on Baragon. Just like King Kong's sounds better with King Seesar.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Megaton17
Monarch Researcher

Post by Megaton17 »

GABARA... I have mixed feelings about Titanosaurus' roar

Big Rab
Ronin

Post by Big Rab »

Fine, I'll be that guy...I like Gabara's roar. Plus he's got that crazy look in his eyes! :freak:

Worst roar? Minya.
Last edited by Big Rab on Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Julia Bristow
EDF Instructor

Post by Julia Bristow »

Battra's roar. When I first watched Godzilla & Mothra: The Battle for Earth back in late '98 and first saw Battra in the ice and he roared, my reaction was like "Wait a minute, is that Rodan's roar I hear?" I had to rewind that shot and yep no mistaking that was Rodan's roar from Battra's mouth. At least Heisei Ghidorah's roar was sped up and sounded different somewhat
All Movie snobs can just f off IMO